The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

14 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Deej mind get yer score in. Em having time off again

Deej got 8 and he's not in it. He sent me a PM telling me he hopes you do well when you send your score in. No pressure. 

One for the stattos. What's the likelihood of receiving 18 out of 36 scores but still not having a result in any of the fourways?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

How many miles is the total distance of one "lap" on the number 11 bus in Birmingham?

Playoff result in!

Welshbairn went with 24 miles.

Alang1993 went with 33.

You'll all be fascinated to know that the correct answer is 27 miles.

Commiserations to Alang1993, congratulations to Welshbairn who wins the playoff!

15 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

One for the stattos. What's the likelihood of receiving 18 out of 36 scores but still not having a result in any of the fourways?

I decided to try and work this out for you.  But then I realised that Higher maths was a long time ago, and I never really understood probabilities anyway, so I went to a maths website.  But they were rabbiting on about stars and bars and stuff that made my brain hurt, so I decided to work it out from first principles.  Unfortunately, I quickly ran into contingent probabilities and took the only rational choice, said 'f**k it' and had a wee nap instead.

Sorry.

Edited by Helpma

I thought I'd make some predictions for the cup:

• Dee_62 and G_man1985 vs Jacksgranda and Leeds Saint                   Home win
  • Frankie S and pleslie99 vs Bully Wee Villa and Slippery P                     Home win
  • Blackislekillie and madwullie vs Audaces Fortuna Juvat and Cowden0 Away win
  • Livi Lion and WILLIEA vs Wilkinson1998 and The_Kincardine               Away win
  • die hard doonhamer and Peasy23 vs WhiteRoseKillie and Helpma       Away win
  • BigBo10 and gkneil vs Eednud and Ross.                                              Away win   
  • Irvine_buddie and Supermik vs Scotfree vs Dee Man                            Draw
  • The Captain and alang1993 vs Welshbairn and MSU                            Draw

The unknown factor is Cardi's scoring system.  If it's something sensible like 2 for a win and 1 each for a half then I predict a comfortable RotW win ;)

In other news (this is what happens when you have yer tea at 5pm) Monday's quiz is here: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7283&sectionId=1

A middle of the road 6/10 for me.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I thought I'd make some predictions for the cup:

• Dee_62 and G_man1985 vs Jacksgranda and Leeds Saint                   Home win
  • Frankie S and pleslie99 vs Bully Wee Villa and Slippery P                     Home win
  • Blackislekillie and madwullie vs Audaces Fortuna Juvat and Cowden0 Away win
  • Livi Lion and WILLIEA vs Wilkinson1998 and The_Kincardine               Away win
  • die hard doonhamer and Peasy23 vs WhiteRoseKillie and Helpma       Away win
  • BigBo10 and gkneil vs Eednud and Ross.                                              Away win   
  • Irvine_buddie and Supermik vs Scotfree vs Dee Man                            Draw
  • The Captain and alang1993 vs Welshbairn and MSU                            Draw

The unknown factor is Cardi's scoring system.  If it's something sensible like 2 for a win and 1 each for a half then I predict a comfortable RotW win ;)

In other news (this is what happens when you have yer tea at 5pm) Monday's quiz is here: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7283&sectionId=1

A middle of the road 6/10 for me.

Are you opening a book? I might have a wee punt, although I'd probably be barred from entry. The scoring is very straightforward... 1 point each win, 1/2 point for a draw. Just realised that due to my bizarre scoring in the previous round, I'll have to scroll back to find out the scores. Still awaiting quite a few scores.

1 minute ago, WILLIEA said:

7/10

What cup is TK talking about?

The cup you've been participating in the last weeks... The Ride Her (Haggard) Cup!

And in the Aussie quiz, six for me. I resisted the temptation to turn round and look at my massive world map on my wall... and for my honesty, I got it wrong... fucking THREE Aussie questions n aw. :(

8 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:
8 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Are you opening a book? I might have a wee punt, although I'd probably be barred from entry. The scoring is very straightforward... 1 point each win, 1/2 point for a draw. Just realised that due to my bizarre scoring in the previous round, I'll have to scroll back to find out the scores. Still awaiting quite a few scores.

The cup you've been participating in the last weeks... The Ride Her (Haggard) Cup!

And in the Aussie quiz, six for me. I resisted the temptation to turn round and look at my massive world map on my wall... and for my honesty, I got it wrong... fucking THREE Aussie questions n aw. :(

Re. the cup I thought I had been knocked out for July and it's too early for the August draw?

Edited by WILLIEA

6 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

I'm bound to burst your coupon kinc. Sorry. Anyway, relegation form from the off. 5/10.

AFJ and Cowden0 are the form pair for the RotW with a combined 70 points in last week's leagues.  They won't let me down ;)

Well. whip me, strip me and call me Sadie.  A bewildering 8 out of zehn for today - and I got the Norway question wrong (d'oh).  Guesswork for 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 - albeit  an educated guess for 8 and 10 - and only the jelly let me down.