The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Right, WILLIEA's result is in. And it's made things even more interesting than they already were. And they were already damned interesting.

• Livi Lion (6) and WILLIEA (8) 14 - 14 Wilkinson1998 (5) and The_Kincardine (9)

So, in the Ride Her Haggard Cup, the score stands at:

Scotland - Rest of The World

And in The_Kincardine Tipster competition the score stands at:

Correct 1 - 3 Wrong

• Dee_62 (3) and G_man1985 (3) 6-10 Jacksgranda (5) and Leeds Saint (5)

Latest score:  -  Rest of The World

Dearie me Scotland

Latest score: Kincardine's Correct Predictions 1 - 4 Kincardine's Incorrect Predictions

Dearie me Kincardine

7 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:
  • Dee_62 (3) and G_man1985 (3) 6-10 Jacksgranda (5) and Leeds Saint (5)

Latest score:  -  Rest of The World

Dearie me Scotland

Latest score: Kincardine's Correct Predictions 1 - 4 Kincardine's Incorrect Predictions

Dearie me Kincardine

I actually won! :o

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well, that's two more cup results in, and Kincardine has only nailed one out of his two predictions (he's not getting any credit for predicting the tie that I'd already posted the result for)

• BigBo10 (4) and gkneil (8) 12 - 10 Eednud (4) and Ross. (6)
  • Blackislekillie (7) and madwullie (4) 11 - 17 Audaces Fortuna Juvat (9) and Cowden0 (8)

So that's Scotland 1-2 RotW

The deadline is tomorrow but here's a reminder of all the scores I'm waiting on... 

• Leeds Saint
  • WILLIEA
  • die hard doonhamer
  • Irvine_buddie
  • MSU

Unless I've missed something earlier, the 1st result on page 916 was a win for Scotland. With my team picking up the win above, should we not be sitting at 2-1 Scotland above, with the correction following through the other results. 

Edited by gkneil
Edited, Page 916 was the initial Ride Her Cup score

2 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Unless I've missed something earlier, the 1st result on page 915 was a win for Scotland. With my team picking up the win above, should we not be sitting at 2-1 Scotland above, with the correction following through the other results. 

You're right... thanks for pointing this out! 

RotW: Dee_62 (3) and G_man1985 (3) vs Jacksgranda (5) and Leeds Saint (5) 
Scotland: Frankie S (9) and pleslie99 (9) vs Bully Wee Villa (5) and Slippery P (2)
RotW: Blackislekillie (7) and madwullie (4) vs Audaces Fortuna Juvat (9) and Cowden0 (8)
Draw: Livi Lion (6) and WILLIEA (8) vs Wilkinson1998 (5) and The_Kincardine (9)
Scotland: BigBo10 (4) and gkneil (8) vs Eednud (4) and Ross. (6)

Latest score: Scotland:  -2½ Rest of The World

Kincardine's predictions were still bollocks however. 

7 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Cup score submitted, 3/10 for monday in the league.

Had to google the leap year question afterwards because I was so confused by it, every days a school day!

f**k. Just spent a good 10 minutes writing out an explanation in response to your PM. Should have read the thread first :)

Anyway, another result is in, and another black mark in Kincardine's copybook...

• Irvine_buddie (2) and Supermik (8) 10-13 Scotfree (8) vs Dee Man (5)

Latest score: Scotland:  -3½ Rest of The World

23 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

f**k. Just spent a good 10 minutes writing out an explanation in response to your PM. Should have read the thread first :)

Anyway, another result is in, and another black mark in Kincardine's copybook...

• Irvine_buddie (2) and Supermik (8) 10-13 Scotfree (8) vs Dee Man (5)

Latest score: Scotland:  -3½ Rest of The World

I've brought great shame to my country.. I feel like Chris Iwelumo.

5 minutes ago, MSU said:

A seven for the cup thingy. 

Woo. My quiz is harder than the Aussie one :)

It's a good day to be part of the Rest of the World (or as The Captain said in his PM, "It's shite being Scottish")...

• The Captain (5) and alang1993 (4) 9-10 Welshbairn (3) and MSU (7)

Latest score: Scotland:  -4½ Rest of The World

And a massive 1 prediction out of 6 for Kincardine... that reads like my typical Saturday accumulator. 

Woo. My quiz is harder than the Aussie one [emoji4]
It's a good day to be part of the Rest of the World (or as The Captain said in his PM, "It's shite being Scottish")...
And a massive 1 prediction out of 6 for Kincardine... that reads like my typical Saturday accumulator. 

How can it be 2 1/2-4? Surely if we have a half they have a half??

Also-some of these Scottish lads need to get their fingers out! We should be pumping this shower

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Woo. My quiz is harder than the Aussie one :)

Haud the fucking bus here, Cardi.  Given the ties that have already been played my forecast for where we'd be was Équipe d'Écosse 21/2 - 41/2  Reste du Monde - which is exactly where we are.  This is forecasting so spookily accurate that it verges on augury!

In fact I feel inspired to start a Quiz Thread weekly fixed odds coupon.  £1 each.  I'll pick the teams and the outcomes (home/away/draw) and, for expediency, I'll ask Deefiant to put the stakes/winnings through his PayPay account.  We'll be millionaires by Christmas!

Who's in?

8 hours ago, Leeds Saint said:

Those were my thoughts when I posted my score. However, when you look at who we were up against ;):thumsup2

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I actually won! :o

Best win of the round so far.  In footballing parlance, a 6-pointer and a result that confirmed my broad-brushstroke prediction ;)