The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Tuesday's quiz...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7293&sectionId=1

Knew four, scored five. Although I don't really agree with the flag question I got right, The Australian disgracefully running scared of ethnic Serbian opinion and refusing to count Kosovo as a country.

19 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Cardinal having another mare. Scores from 7 ties to add up and it's cluster after cluster

That'll do you no favours further down the line. Mark my words...

At the risk of causing the Cardi further confusion, turns out my 10 was for Tuesday, not Monday, as can be seen in the screenshot. My Monday score is a less impressive 6.

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Woo. My quiz is harder than the Aussie one :)

It's a good day to be part of the Rest of the World (or as The Captain said in his PM, "It's shite being Scottish")...

• The Captain (5) and alang1993 (4) 9-10 Welshbairn (3) and MSU (7)

Latest score: Scotland:  -4½ Rest of The World

And a massive 1 prediction out of 6 for Kincardine... that reads like my typical Saturday accumulator. 

Apologies guys

596d005d57710_giphy(2).gif.7823224e662f07bf5a7530223f0153fe.gif

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Haud the fucking bus here, Cardi.  Given the ties that have already been played my forecast for where we'd be was Équipe d'Écosse 21/2 - 41/2  Reste du Monde - which is exactly where we are.  This is forecasting so spookily accurate that it verges on augury!

In fact I feel inspired to start a Quiz Thread weekly fixed odds coupon.  £1 each.  I'll pick the teams and the outcomes (home/away/draw) and, for expediency, I'll ask Deefiant to put the stakes/winnings through his PayPay account.  We'll be millionaires by Christmas!

Who's in?

Pretty sure my coupon on Saturday had 3 home wins and 2 away. Obviously I'd picked them the wrong way round. But by your logic, my coupon should be worth something! But I'm up for your idea as long as it's not you picking the teams!

1 hour ago, gkneil said:

Cardinal having another mare. Scores from 7 ties to add up and it's cluster after cluster

I'm no stranger to a f**k-up, but I fail to see the problem ... 2.5 to Scotland, 4.5 RotW ... 7 matches played ... 1 still to go...

Am I missing something here?

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I'm no stranger to a f**k-up, but I fail to see the problem ... 2.5 to Scotland, 4.5 RotW ... 7 matches played ... 1 still to go...
Am I missing something here?

Your last update shows 2-1/2 - 4

14 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Your last update shows 2-1/2 - 4

No it doesn't... here's a screenshot of the post .. no editing has taken place. I think the problem might be the 1/2 symbol not appearing for some reason... the mere suggestion that I would make (another) mistake at such a crucial point in proceedings is unconscionable. 

proof.png.a23b7054d5d76633af1b9a62785d71a4.png