The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

And in the Ride Her Cup, I can't remember whose scores I posted, and I'll be buggered if I'm scrolling through the last pages to find out, so here's a list of all the completed ties so far. 

• alang1993 - 6 vs 8 - Leeds Saint 
  • BigBo10 - 2 vs 9 - Cowden0 
  • Dee_62 - 8 vs 8 Helpma 
  • Deej 7 vs 8 - The_Kincardine 
  • Dyl - 5 vs 7 - Bully Wee Villa 
  • G_Man1985 - 3 vs 9 - Eednud 
  • Jagfox99 - 9 vs 8 - Scotfree 
  • Livi Lion - 7 vs 10 - MSU 
  • Peasy23 - 7 vs 5 - Jacksgranda 
  • pleslie99 - 8 - 7 - Ross.
  • The Captain - 6 vs 5 - Slippery P

So the latest score is: Scotland - 4.5 vs 6.5 ... so everything to play for!

And here's a list of people still to post a score. Deadline is tomorrow evening. 

• gkneil 
  • Irvine_buddie 
  • WhiteRoseKillie
  • Frankie S
  • Audaces Fortuna Juvat 
  • Dee Man 

8 minutes ago, The DA said:

Aye, go for it.

Cool. About time we had some United fans as the league is crawling with Dundee fans. Cos the quiz is Australian, it usually gets posted the evening before (i.e. Monday's quiz appears on a Sunday evening)... the season lasts from Mon-Fri ... there's also a monthly cup competition that takes place over the weekends but not quite sure what's happening with that (we're doing a Ryder Cup type competition in July). Your fellow Arab Eckthearab used to run the cup competitions but he's disappeared off the face of the planet :(

Edit: In fact, Arabdownunder used to take part but he's recently vanished too. How mysterious. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

10 minutes ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

A 7/10 for Monday (with all round Aussie failure) and 8/10 for Tuesday.

How did you manage to take Tuesday's quiz without a link?

Right. In the play-offs, I asked the excellent question "How many episodes of Neighbours have been made?" ... the excellent answer was 7,645. 

For the Premiership, AFJ went for 8,076 and sneered that "two would be too many", but also took time to reminisce about Des and Daphnne. Double standards indeed. Meanwhile, pleslie99 decided to actually work out the answer based on how often it is on and when it started. Such a scientific approach to getting a correct answer is tantamount to cheating, but it paid dividend... his guess of 7,800 was closer and he is promoted. 

Meanwhile, in the SWL playoff, LiviLion went for 5,000 and BWV 4,420... so LiviLion keeps his position and BWV is heartbroken again.

-----

One more cup score in, and it's even worse news for Team Scotland. WILLIEA, usually a stalwart, crashed and burned ...

• WILLIEA - 4 vs 9 - Audaces Fortuna Juvat 

Scotland 5.5 - 8.5 Rest of the World

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Couple more scores in. The future isn't looking bright for the Team Scotland starlets. 

• Blackislekillie - 5 vs 3 - Dee Man 
  • gkneil - 5 vs 8- Swarley 

Scotland 5.5 - 7.5 Rest of the World

Well done Swarley! I don't care what the rest of them say, I had confidence in you!