Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Is it just me, or is the ITV News at Ten tonight a bit mental?

That anchorman is doing his Brasseye thing again and the opening story was like something out a tabloid about some w**k fraudster developer.

Anyone watching The Restaurant That Makes Mistakes on Channel 4?

I’ve really enjoyed seeing the folk involved get some sense of their life back after being put on the scrap heap when they got their dementia diagnosis.

Hopefully it encourages businesses to adapt. There’s too many folk cast aside when they still have plenty to contribute.

Katie Puckrick (who at 56 looks 100x hotter than she did 25 years ago) has a music doc on BBC called “I Can Go For That; The Smooth World Of Yacht Rock”. 
Loads of great tunes and footage of 70s California.
Good programme, and KP is looking mighty fine, but I strongly disagree that Steely Dan were in any way yacht rocky.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 09:16, Northboy said:

I flicked on to Family Brain Games on BBC2 last night and tolerated it for 10 minutes - what a bunch of smarmy c@#ts.

i got drawn into watching this last week whilst channel hopping.   Think it was a Scottish family that won it - who in fairness werent as bad as some of the other familes I'm glad to say.

I did get a telling off from my (English) wife for supporting the Scottish family.  Not really because they were Scottish, that was just coincidence. My reasoning was that the other family were over celebtraing everytime they got a question right...espeically one of the wee kids.  

So when they got beat, me shouting "get it right f*cking up ye, ya wee dick" to the TV was deemed as me taking it too  serious.

4 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

i got drawn into watching this last week whilst channel hopping.   Think it was a Scottish family that won it - who in fairness werent as bad as some of the other familes I'm glad to say.

I did get a telling off from my (English) wife for supporting the Scottish family.  Not really because they were Scottish, that was just coincidence. My reasoning was that the other family were over celebtraing everytime they got a question right...espeically one of the wee kids.  

So when they got beat, me shouting "get it right f*cking up ye, ya wee dick" to the TV was deemed as me taking it too  serious.

And you're now banned from every branch of Curry's in the land.

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Just caught Maigret on PBS here with Rowan Atkinson as the titular detective. Excellent 1st episode, will watch again

I saw the trailer for that when it was first on. Decided not to watch it because I'd be constantly waiting for something funny to happen!

I saw the trailer for that when it was first on. Decided not to watch it because I'd be constantly waiting for something funny to happen!

He does so well in the part you don’t even really recognise it as him

Imagine watching a Louis Theroux documentary about the Westboro Baptist Church and going and joining the Westboro Baptist Church

Just watching this the now, about 15 minutes behind and just been introduced to that boy.

There's another one! Wait til you see his jacket.

It’s a jacket fit for a guy that would join a cult like that.

Louis isn’t putting up with as much of their nonsense this time round either.

It’s a jacket fit for a guy that would join a cult like that.

Louis isn’t putting up with as much of their nonsense this time round either.
I don't know how he can remain so calm when confronted with those rabid weirdos. I hoped he would have interviewed the occupants of the rainbow house and shown us their story.