2014 holidays/travel plans

doulikefish

Planning a holiday all inclusive with the mrs and an other couple in August - looking to spend about 500 pounds a head so if anyone has a good recommendation then please share!

You Will struggle to get an all inclusive deal for August at £500 unless you get a late deal.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got one for £570. Try in a month or 2. May get it a bit cheaper.

I will prob not book til about July time - wanting to take 2 weeks in August so can rent my flat out for the fringe, will pay for the holiday and a lot to spare doing that!

Staying at the Mandalay bay and then the MGM when returning from LA and got a hire car for the day before we leave for La (going to Carson City) and then the four days in La and then the day after we get back. Car is going to clock up a fair few miles. Heard about the tipping system in America I'm not tight so won't bother me.

What are the chances of a complimentary upgrade ? I'm sure our rooms are fairly decent anyway but wouldn't say no to an upgrade.

MB has a fantastic pool and lazy river. Also, be sure to sign up online for Border Grill's VIP Club, which will get you a Buy One Get One entree. That includes their brunch if you are there at the weekend. It is superb.

Standard rooms at MB are very impressive. Start at 550 sq ft, I think.

You should get unlimited miles with your rental car but let them know that you will be taking it to California, in case they have some sort of "Nevada Only" clause going on.

In the past few weeks I've got a walking holiday sorted. Three nights away walking to the most remote pub in mainland Britain. Done it last year and had a ball, but we done it on a spartan budget. This time we're booked into a 4 star lodge, complete with outdoor hot tub.

Decided to go away with a couple of friends from uni in May. We were looking at Blackpool for a weekend on the piss. Instead, we've found flights and accommodation for Benidorm for an extra £40 each.

Will probably get down south at some point to visit the in-laws as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Heading to snowbombing festival in Austria this weekend.

As well as Brazil for the World Cup, I'm now going to Benicassim in July, Dortmund for Scotland game in September and finally Ibiza for the closing parties at the end of September.

Busy few months coming up.

• 2 weeks later...

Going canal boating in Shropshire in two weeks time, basically jaunting about pubs for the weekend.

Come 14th June I'll be joining ship, going to Iceland, Greenland, Norway, Shetlands, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Germany, Sweden, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Morocco and France. Disembark sometime in October.

Then away and again mid-November over Christmas and New Year, hopefully with the fly-cruise season in the Caribbean, turning around overnight in Barbados. Other possibilities include three months around Africa or Arctic & Baltic again.

Hopefully squeeze some road trips around the country in between times, and planning to get my Private Pilots License before the end of the year.

hamiltonsblue.jpg

Well, its going from a canal boat to working on a cruise ship - practising I suppose - but yeah theres no difference between this...

angloconway.jpg

and this...

300px-Boudicca_departing_Tallinn_7th_Sep

Norway is horrifyingly expensive, I paid £38 for a pizza to share in Kristiansund and £8 for a bottle of water and a Daim bar, so I presume Greenland and Iceland are the same, but its something different. All the cruises turnaround in Liverpool, Belfast or Greenock too, so its not too far to travel to get there and get home.

• 2 weeks later...

This year I was meant to be going away with my fiance and her pal and her pals boyfriend, however, the pal and her boyfriends split up and have cancelled their half of the holiday. It was already fully paid for and they are losing 30% of what they paid.

Does anyone know if me and my fiance will be allowed to use the money still left in the account to upgrade our flights or does that money go straight to the travel agent/hotel etc?

This year I was meant to be going away with my fiance and her pal and her pals boyfriend, however, the pal and her boyfriends split up and have cancelled their half of the holiday. It was already fully paid for and they are losing 30% of what they paid.

Does anyone know if me and my fiance will be allowed to use the money still left in the account to upgrade our flights or does that money go straight to the travel agent/hotel etc?

Its gone to the travel agent,but have a look at the ts and cs

Just booked flights for a month in Australia at the end of October/early November.

Got mates in Perth and Brisbane. Should be a good one.

Perth is decent, just pricy.

Any recommendations?

Thankfully that's one of the places I won't need a hotel so should cut costs a fair bit.

What you looking to do? 9/10 burds are tremendous.

Heading to snowbombing festival in Austria this weekend.

As well as Brazil for the World Cup, I'm now going to Benicassim in July, Dortmund for Scotland game in September and finally Ibiza for the closing parties at the end of September.

Busy few months coming up.

Just booked my flights for Benicassim. The summer is shaping up nicely.

6 weeks until Brazil for the World Cup, where I now have tickets for 4 matches!

Archived