2014 holidays/travel plans

doulikefish

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flights booked to L A in June. Pick up a car and meander around California/Nevada perhaps Arizona, for three weeks.

Only definites so far are Yosemite and Vegas and will finish up somewhere on the coast.

Thinking about doing exactly this.

How much do you reckon that will cost you all in?

Which one? We went to Erlangen, (the oldest one) two years ago for a stag-do and we're planning back again this year.

I'm not actually 100% sure as its my cousins best mate that is arranging it. All I know is that its in Munich. Looking forward to it regardles.

I'm going there tomorrow for a week, for work.

In terms of holidays, it'll no doubt be San Francisco and the Outside Lands music festival for the third year running.

I am a bit wary of going to be honest(because of fairly recent trouble) but apprently its all calmed down so I should be fine.

Was in Iceland over Xmas, a fantastic place.

Goin for a weekend with some pals to Copenhagen in March, any recommendations?

Also Phuket with my girlfriend in May, still need to book a hotel for the last night so any suggestion on that or what to do would be nice.

I cant help but feel my choice of company for the two trips should have been swapped round :(

Copenhagen is a lovely city. Didn't really do much apart from drink though.

Phuket is stunning, if you can try and get over to phi phi islands. You can stay on phi phi don, but take a trip to phi phi leh, which is where they filmed 'the beach'.

Guy I work with owns a bar called wet dreams in patong beach. Not really the place to take the girlfriend though.

Absolutely f**k all booked once again. Probably a couple of weekends here or there, but nothing exciting. Came into a bit of money this year so wanted to sort a really exciting family holiday, Kenya for a safari or something. Instead, been told that it's getting used to do up the house, teach my wife how to drive and sort out a few other odds and ends. Boo. <_<

Are you going to kenya for the lions??

Going to Morocco for a week in April with my girlfriend, amazingly cheap flights since it's so close. We have some pretty cracking stuff planned like camel rides, camping in the desert etc.

We're also going to Lisbon for the weekend at the end of Februrary (I think) as neither of us has ever been there and we're considering moving there after the summer.

I'd also quite like to go back to Sardinia again this summer.

Going to Morocco for a week in April with my girlfriend, amazingly cheap flights since it's so close. We have some pretty cracking stuff planned like camel rides, camping in the desert etc.

We're also going to Lisbon for the weekend at the end of Februrary (I think) as neither of us has ever been there and we're considering moving there after the summer.

I'd also quite like to go back to Sardinia again this summer.

Where in Morocco are you going to? I went a few years back to Agadir bit went to Marrakech for the day. The souks are crazy but the haggling is fun.

Where in Morocco are you going to? I went a few years back to Agadir bit went to Marrakech for the day. The souks are crazy but the haggling is fun.

3 nights in Marrakech, 3 nights on an excursion to the desert/famous villages and towns/other such stuff, then back to Marrakech for one more night.

How did you find Marrakech? Been told we're spending too much time there, if that's the case then I'm sure we can sort out some other daytrip.

Off to Vietnam five weeks today for 2 weeks with the wife, travelling from Hanoi down to Ho Chi Minh City. Going to lap it up as with house buying next year hopefully, this will probably be the last big holiday for a while.

Otherwise heading over to Edinburgh in August for the Tattoo (birthday present for my Father-in-law) and a short 5 night tour (Edinburth - Glasgow - Fort William - Inverness - Aberdeen).

Egypt for me in June, 1 week all inclusive - scuba diving the lot. Hotels got tennis courts, like it'll be warm enough for that. If I could get a cheap deal maybe golfing or just a long weekend with the prospect of golf in Portugal in October too.

If not I think saving for a 2015 trip to America could be on the cards. Seriously can't wait to go back to New York.

Going to Ibiza at the end of august, got a no bad all inclusive hotel with my pals booked, going to San Antonio bay and there is a boat taxi outside the hotel to take us across the bay.

Apart from that I have a week off in march. Might go for a mad drive up north and spend 3 days sleeping in my car.

Also planning a weekend in Newcastle at the end of the year if it works out.

Lagos for a week in April (other halfs pal getting married there so making a week of it )

3 weddings in Ireland to go to throughout the year and my school reunion in August

Got two weeks left to take after all that .. Looking at a holiday in October

Lagos is mental and the noisiest city I've ever been to. You'll have a great time.

One wee tip - make sure you have 6 months left on your passport from the time you're due to leave Nigeria or your visa application will get bounced.

I only had 4 months left on mine and had get a new one.

Nothing booked and no plans to go anywhere apart from a wedding in Northern Ireland in August. Might end up doing a long weekend thing to Amsterdam or Berlin later on in the year but planning on bigger things in 2015.

3 nights in Marrakech, 3 nights on an excursion to the desert/famous villages and towns/other such stuff, then back to Marrakech for one more night.

How did you find Marrakech? Been told we're spending too much time there, if that's the case then I'm sure we can sort out some other daytrip.

I was in Marrakech for four days but could easily have spent longer. There are loads of great places to eat (Djemaa el Fna obviously but I would also recommend doing a cookery lesson/evening meal in one of the nice riads too), Gueliz is the new town and there are some good places for a night out there. The souks are fun to get lost in and there are a couple of decent museums too. We also went to a hammam for massages and stuff. I would also recommend Jardin Marjorelle in the New Town for a stroll around. Have a good time mate.

My plans this year are Belgium in a couple of weeks for a few days then a couple of weeks meandering around an area of Europe during my time off at Easter. Summer depends on my job - I have interviews for schools in Spain and Germany. If I don't take them, the plan is to rent a place in Eastern Europe for 6 weeks. I should probably go to my girlfriend's parents in Charlotte for Christmas, but will probably end up wanting to go back to Scotland instead.

Archived