2014 holidays/travel plans

doulikefish

4 nights in Vegas from March 30th - April 3rd.

All nights free at Aria thanks to playing the MyVegas app on Facebook (and more recently on mobile).

Im just back and also stayed in the aria,really good hotel but very expensive breakfast buffet compared to others ,just go across to cabo wabo(obvious when your there) and get it there

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im just back and also stayed in the aria,really good hotel but very expensive breakfast buffet compared to others ,just go across to cabo wabo(obvious when your there) and get it there

Glad to hear you liked it. This will be visit # 6 for me. Aye, I noticed that a breakfast via Aria room service is $27 (eggs, meat, toast). Nae danger. A few money-saving things I have to use for meals:

Lettuce Entertain You* Bonus Gift Cards

* (Restaurant group that owns many places in Chicago & Vegas; Mon Ami Gabi, Stripburger, Joe's Prime Steak and Stone Crab to name but a few....)

Every December they have a promo where they give you a $25 Bonus GC to use before April 9th if you buy $100 worth of GCs. We bought $200 worth (which never expire), so that gave us $50 in Bonus GCs. I also bought $125 for $75 on eBay. Can't wait to try Joe's for lunch.

Border Grill

Best Mexican food on the strip. Their weekend brunch is absolutely fantastic. All you can eat for just $35 and you can get a 'Buy One Get One' coupon for signing up to their VIP Club on their website.

Restaurant.com Gift Certificates

Tons of options for meals from Stripburger, El Segundo Sol, Crown & Anchor, Casa Di Amore, etc. $25 off $35 all for the cost of a few air miles.

We rent a car, so will stop off at Wal-Mart for booze and snacks for the room. You can get a 12 pack of Corona on the strip at either ABC or CVS and it will cost you close to $20. At WallyWorld it is only $11.

So far stayed at Circus Circus (shudder), Bally's, Planet Hollywood and Cosmopolitan. Looking forward to this, even if it is with the wife ;)

Glad to hear you liked it. This will be visit # 6 for me. Aye, I noticed that a breakfast via Aria room service is $27 (eggs, meat, toast). Nae danger. A few money-saving things I have to use for meals:

Lettuce Entertain You* Bonus Gift Cards

* (Restaurant group that owns many places in Chicago & Vegas; Mon Ami Gabi, Stripburger, Joe's Prime Steak and Stone Crab to name but a few....)

Every December they have a promo where they give you a $25 Bonus GC to use before April 9th if you buy $100 worth of GCs. We bought $200 worth (which never expire), so that gave us $50 in Bonus GCs. I also bought $125 for $75 on eBay. Can't wait to try Joe's for lunch.

Border Grill

Best Mexican food on the strip. Their weekend brunch is absolutely fantastic. All you can eat for just $35 and you can get a 'Buy One Get One' coupon for signing up to their VIP Club on their website.

Restaurant.com Gift Certificates

Tons of options for meals from Stripburger, El Segundo Sol, Crown & Anchor, Casa Di Amore, etc. $25 off $35 all for the cost of a few air miles.

We rent a car, so will stop off at Wal-Mart for booze and snacks for the room. You can get a 12 pack of Corona on the strip at either ABC or CVS and it will cost you close to $20. At WallyWorld it is only $11.

So far stayed at Circus Circus (shudder), Bally's, Planet Hollywood and Cosmopolitan. Looking forward to this, even if it is with the wife ;)

Top stuf

We also went to gordon ramseys new burgr (thats its name ) in planet hollywood and its good for under $50 for the 2 of us

Heading to America in June for two weeks, doing 5 days vegas - 4 days LA and then back to vegas for last 5 days. Anyone with any tips or info for either part of trip would be greatly appreciated. Must visit restaurants or must do attractions. Can't wait for this to come round.

Heading to America in June for two weeks, doing 5 days vegas - 4 days LA and then back to vegas for last 5 days. Anyone with any tips or info for either part of trip would be greatly appreciated. Must visit restaurants or must do attractions. Can't wait for this to come round.

First thing id do is bin the 4 days in LA,its a massive sprawling city and quite frankly there aint that much to see or do once you do the obvious sights.Most of the city has curfews and no go areas and its quite crap after 8pm,and the amount of homelss is shocking,1 day day trip is plenty

First thing id do is bin the 4 days in LA,its a massive sprawling city and quite frankly there aint that much to see or do once you do the obvious sights.Most of the city has curfews and no go areas and its quite crap after 8pm,and the amount of homelss is shocking,1 day day trip is plenty

Not the first person to give this advice, going to San Diego for the day one day so only really three days to find things to do. What would you advise doing in Las Vegas ? Any shows we should definitely go see ? Cheers

Not the first person to give this advice, going to San Diego for the day one day so only really three days to find things to do. What would you advise doing in Las Vegas ? Any shows we should definitely go see ? Cheers

San Diego is a nice city,plenty of bars/restaurants around the gaslight area of the city

For shows whats on when your there?Dont be put off if its something you would not normally go and see,i went to britney spears(only big name on when i was there) and it was a really good night also penn and teller a couple of years were really good

I'm taking in Philadelphia, Washington DC, Niagara Falls, The Berkshires, Boston, NYC, LA, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite and San Francisco over two and a bit weeks on a TrekAmerica tour. Mixture of camping and hotels/hostels.

I'm taking in Philadelphia, Washington DC, Niagara Falls, The Berkshires, Boston, NYC, LA, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite and San Francisco over two and a bit weeks on a TrekAmerica tour. Mixture of camping and hotels/hostels.

I done the trailblazer with Trek America last year, the best thing I have ever done.

I would say go see a Cirque du Soleil show.

All of them have their themes/storylines and Mystere (at T.I.) is a good one to start with and I think it was the first one to hit the strip. We're looking forward to seeing Beatles 'Love'.

Where are you staying? Will you have a car? All I can say is do your research for hotels, shows, restaurants and attractions. TripAdvisor has a decent message board here and Yelp is a great tool to weed out the wheat from the chaff.

So many things to do there. I can tell you that the Cosmopolitan has the best drink service (rate at which the waitresses come around asking who wants drinks). $1 tip for your drink and you're golden. It is a city based on tipping, so read up on what is a customary tip for what service. The best tip might be your 1st one. At check-in, try the $20 trick for a room upgrade. Of course, you could also just ask them nicely in your awesome accent for "any complimentary upgrade", and if successful, give them a $20 as a thank you.

Doing a 46 day tour round Europe, 20 countries and will be in Munich for Oktoberfest. Stopping at Amsterdam, Barcelona, Athens, Istanbul, Rome, Budapest, Venice, Paris, Prague, Monaco, Swiss Alps amongst others.

I know someone who has used the same tour company who says its a big piss up, so definitely looking forward to it.

I would say go see a Cirque du Soleil show.

All of them have their themes/storylines and Mystere (at T.I.) is a good one to start with and I think it was the first one to hit the strip. We're looking forward to seeing Beatles 'Love'.

Where are you staying? Will you have a car? All I can say is do your research for hotels, shows, restaurants and attractions. TripAdvisor has a decent message board here and Yelp is a great tool to weed out the wheat from the chaff.

So many things to do there. I can tell you that the Cosmopolitan has the best drink service (rate at which the waitresses come around asking who wants drinks). $1 tip for your drink and you're golden. It is a city based on tipping, so read up on what is a customary tip for what service. The best tip might be your 1st one. At check-in, try the $20 trick for a room upgrade. Of course, you could also just ask them nicely in your awesome accent for "any complimentary upgrade", and if successful, give them a $20 as a thank you.

Staying at the Mandalay bay and then the MGM when returning from LA and got a hire car for the day before we leave for La (going to Carson City) and then the four days in La and then the day after we get back. Car is going to clock up a fair few miles. Heard about the tipping system in America I'm not tight so won't bother me.

What are the chances of a complimentary upgrade ? I'm sure our rooms are fairly decent anyway but wouldn't say no to an upgrade.

Doing a 46 day tour round Europe, 20 countries and will be in Munich for Oktoberfest. Stopping at Amsterdam, Barcelona, Athens, Istanbul, Rome, Budapest, Venice, Paris, Prague, Monaco, Swiss Alps amongst others.

I know someone who has used the same tour company who says its a big piss up, so definitely looking forward to it.

998731108.jpg

Archived