Your Old Stadium

Muirton Park - sadly never made it here for a game.

Most grounds available on youtube. Type in footballgroundguide on google or subscribe to youtube account. Annoying bagpipe music on Scottish grounds.

I'll stick up a few others later if there's any requests ;)

There was a guy on the football league grounds guide website that posted his cine clips of most Scottish & English grounds from circa 1979/80.......some quality clips.

Not quite old grounds, but old programmes here. Here's one from Killie's European Cup campaign in 1965, when the galacticos of Real Madrid graced the Rugby Park turf. I have a copy of this programme - but the previous owner (I presume a small boy in the 1960s) graffiti'd the front with a black marker pen. Whoever that was, you're a bad man.

BfGmn1DCEAAHRkA.jpg

Here's the ones from the two legs of the 1967 Fair Cities Cup (which made way for the UEFA Cup soon after) when Killie played the mighty Leeds United. We were beat over the two legs, but the Scottish clubs more than held their own in Europe that year with Celtic winning the European Cup and Rangers making the final of the Cup Winners Cup.

BfGlmpWCIAAbKG2.jpg

BfGlvkZCYAA019B.jpg

Not quite old grounds, but old programmes here. Here's one from Killie's European Cup campaign in 1965, when the galacticos of Real Madrid graced the Rugby Park turf. I have a copy of this programme - but the previous owner (I presume a small boy in the 1960s) graffiti'd the front with a black marker pen. Whoever that was, you're a bad man.

BfGmn1DCEAAHRkA.jpg

Here's the ones from the two legs of the 1967 Fair Cities Cup (which made way for the UEFA Cup soon after) when Killie played the mighty Leeds United. We were beat over the two legs, but the Scottish clubs more than held their own in Europe that year with Celtic winning the European Cup and Rangers making the final of the Cup Winners Cup.

BfGlmpWCIAAbKG2.jpg

BfGlvkZCYAA019B.jpg

My dad had hundreds of old programmes dating back to the late 50's but he sold them about 10years ago! :angry:

Some crackers from the great European runs by Aberdeen & Dundee Utd in the 80's too! :angry::angry::angry:

Just to go back to that 70-80,000 capacity stadium in Cowdenbeath thing from yesterday... another justification for the dream may have been the number of neutral venue matches involving Fife clubs in the 2yrs leading up to autumn 1949. There had been a Scottish Cup SF (Rangers v East Fife), 3 League Cup Finals (East Fife v Falkirk, Rangers v Raith, East Fife v Dunfermline), and 4 League Cup SFs (East Fife v Aberdeen, Raith v Hamilton, Dunfermline v Hibs, East Fife v Rangers), all needing big match venues.

Edinburgh City's first U-18 team played one of the last (if not the last) game at Bayview against East Fife in the Youth Cup - City won 1-0 which sort of revenged East Fife's 13-2 win there back in the 1930s..

I nicked a wooden "No Smoking" sign from the stand which I later posted to the editor of the East Fife fanzine "Away from the Numbers". I don't know if he ever got it though.

1779678_662630717127948_1800703513_n.jpg

That's a quality photo Dougie. It's amazing how much Easter Road has changed since! Here's one of ER from a similar view before they built the new East Stand.

Easter_Road_Stadium_-_geograph.org.uk_-_

And one of how it now looks from a closer angle to the 1992 photo.

5942477268_81c5b36cef_z.jpg

1779678_662630717127948_1800703513_n.jpg

That's a quality photo Dougie. It's amazing how much Easter Road has changed since! Here's one of ER from a similar view before they built the new East Stand.

Easter_Road_Stadium_-_geograph.org.uk_-_

And one of how it now looks from a closer angle to the 1992 photo.

5942477268_81c5b36cef_z.jpg

It's quite incredible how much the entire area has developed not just the stadium. For the better I may add

Two of Rugby Park in the late 1980s (I think these are from 1987). In the top photo you can see the recently closed Holm Quarry where the cars are parked. That became houses a few years later, and I find it very hard to comprehend the area looking like that! I only got the bearings due to the floodlight and the houses in the Grange Estate in the background.

BfJPV3pCAAApKdm.jpg

I don't know who these lads are in this one. They might be on here for all I know!

BfJPclGCUAA-I1J.jpg

I wish when they built Mcdiarmid that they built it close to town and tighter to the pitch. That would have been class.

Would of meant away fans getting a pint in the centre too. Due to its location it's easy for the Police not to allow Supporters buses anywhere near the pubs.

There was a guy on the football league grounds guide website that posted his cine clips of most Scottish & English grounds from circa 1979/80.......some quality clips.

I think these are the same ones. While they hold good memories it is sad how run down most of the grounds appeared. Not to mention the grounds that are no longer with us but when you see the state of disrepair of some of them I suppose it isn't that surprising :(

Absolutely fantastic thread. Was about to post loads of Tanandice, but noticed Desert Nomad has been there first. I'll just add comments to his pics...

Really old picture, any Arabs know when? The allotments in the foreground are still in use to this day!

1955tannadice.png

Old Wooden Main Stand and Pavillion (extreme left) in the corner as in old Broomfield, both built in 1909 and lasted until early 1960s. The telling factor here is the concreted terracing behind the goals. This was done 1956 or 1957, and before the Shed was built in September 1957.

Tannadice(right) & Dens(top)

m066-010-012-001-047.jpg

Tannadice on the right, with Old Wooden Main Stand and Pavillion, built in 1909. Railway Sleeper Terracing was built in 1925, but can't tell if its in this picture or not. Not much obvious terracing to be seen at either Tannadice or Dens here, maybe some Dark Blue gents can help out?

"The Shed" under constructiontheshedopening0092.jpg

The Shed was officially opened in September 1957, so I'd imagine this was taken in August.

After the shed was covered, but before the new grandstand(now the Jerry Kerr Stand) was constructed

2ewirn5.jpg

The Shed was built in 1957, the New Main Stand (Jerry Kerr) was built in 1962, so has to be taken late 50s, early 60s.

Clearing snow from the pitch

1963Jan2.jpg

This photo is taken during the severe winter of 1963. United only managed to play three games between the New Year and March, with the pitch eventually freezing solid. This was the tar burner that Jerry Kerr brought in to burn the ice... unfortunately also burning the grass! The pitch got covered in sand, and somehow was passed to play. United beat Albion Rovers 3-0 in convincing style, and legend has it this is where the "Arabs" nickname comes from (although some claim otherwise).

Before the North Enclosure was covered, commonly known as the cliff due to the steep terracing

Tannadice_Park_1.jpg

soccer-scottish-football-league-grounds-

The North Enclosure (Sandeman Street) was built in 1980, funded by the sale of Ray Stewart to West Ham. Going by other similar photos on the internet, the pic above is taken against Rangers in April 1979.

View from the shed 1980`s

0,,10284~9035019,00.jpg

This is what Tannadice looked like to me when I first went. The TSB logos in the corner (extreme left) says its between 1980 (North Enclosure bult) and 1987 (Bellhaven too over the sponsors boards in the corners).

My old man has a cracker of the teams coming out at the UEFA Cup final in 1987 on his wall, can`t find it online though.

I know the picture you mean, taken high above the tunnel, looking towards the Shed, with the players lining up on the pitch. Can't find it either, but i think ArabTrust were selling it a few years ago. However, have you seen this homemade video of United's UEFA Cup final run?

Edited by Dirty_Arab