Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

Bird table shenanigans...........

Smudger needs his own thread, frankly, or maybe a YouTube channel.

You could make a fortune staying home with the video camera, like that Japanese lassie with the cat that likes boxes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How old is your daughter? You might find she's better off with an older cat rather than a skittish kitten, plus you've got the benefit of already knowing their temperament, they'll be litter trained, neutered/spayed so no unexpected kittens etc. I can't recommend enough getting an older cat, especially for a child.

Right good people of P&B.  As my reliable source of information for a lot of things, Im looking for some pussy advice.

The bairn's birthday is coming up and she's been promised a cat.  Had a look at the Cats Protection (think Biggie mentioned it earlier) and they seem to have a number of pussies but they seem to be older (generally >3 years), although they are chipped etc.

The bairn has her heart on a kitten though so where would be the best place to source such an item?  Had a swatch on Gumtree and there's a couple but anywhere else?

Are the pros and cons of getting a cat from someone line much like buying a car (kick the tyres etc)?

ETA: That pic above is fucking disgusting btw.  Looking forward to some of that.

The cats protection at Arbroath/ Carnoustie , that's your best bet, will probably work out cheaper as well, with  innoculations being neutered etc £50.00 for the cat, and its had the op and all the jags, also cats will just automatically use a litter tray, you don't need to train them.

Just had a look at their site and the youngest one is 12 months, and they've put the price up to £60.00, also if you get a kitten it wouldn't be neutered.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Right good people of P&B.  As my reliable source of information for a lot of things, Im looking for some pussy advice.

The bairn's birthday is coming up and she's been promised a cat.  Had a look at the Cats Protection (think Biggie mentioned it earlier) and they seem to have a number of pussies but they seem to be older (generally >3 years), although they are chipped etc.

The bairn has her heart on a kitten though so where would be the best place to source such an item?  Had a swatch on Gumtree and there's a couple but anywhere else?

Are the pros and cons of getting a cat from someone line much like buying a car (kick the tyres etc)?

ETA: That pic above is fucking disgusting btw.  Looking forward to some of that.

Leo looks like a good lad: https://www.scottishspca.org/rehome/details/?animal=304636

53096.jpg?mode=stretch&scale=both&width=

Our cat was about 3 when my daughter came along. We got her a kitten when she was about 3 and they got on well but the kitten vanished one day when he was about 10 months old. Rehomed a six month old kitten last year and there was maybe less of an instant bond between cat/daughter than with the really young kitten but they now get on very well. 

Right good people of P&B. As my reliable source of information for a lot of things, Im looking for some pussy advice.

The bairn's birthday is coming up and she's been promised a cat. Had a look at the Cats Protection (think Biggie mentioned it earlier) and they seem to have a number of pussies but they seem to be older (generally >3 years), although they are chipped etc.

The bairn has her heart on a kitten though so where would be the best place to source such an item? Had a swatch on Gumtree and there's a couple but anywhere else?

ETA: That pic above is fucking disgusting btw. Looking forward to some of that.

Glad she wants a cat and a not a stupid dog. +1 for the Cats protection mob and surely there will be some kind of Aberdeen cat and dog home type thing. Gumtree probably not the best idea I would think.

Let us know how you get on. Would like to suggest the name Mr Mcghee for the prospective feline.

Can any of you go up to your cat right now and put a cucumber near it and see how they react?

For only £2 a month, your donation can provide support and psychotherapy for a cat with a past history of sexual abuse by The Incredible Hulk.

Its her 6th birthday.  I would prefer a cat thats a wee bit older tbh as I remember getting kittens when I was wee and they can be wee shites.

II'll have a look at the website later Biggie cheers.

The cats protection is the place to go, get a cat about 11/12 months old with all the jags/ops done,Smudger was about 9/10 months when we got him (you're right about a kitten they will be climbing up curtains and running amok, its a pain in the arse) You won't regret it, Smudger is great, and he cheers me up no end when I come home after work, and there he is, with the gift of a half chewed vole. Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again