Show us your pussy..!

Romeo

Our wee yin dobby was struck by a car last night. Not been an outdoor cat for more than 6 months.

Went to see him at the vets and was rather heartbreaking but he went instantly and the couple who struck him brought him straight to the vets.

Only 3 year old.

RIP wee man
5782afaa9e734_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

8 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Our wee yin dobby was struck by a car last night. Not been an outdoor cat for more than 6 months.

Went to see him at the vets and was rather heartbreaking but he went instantly and the couple who struck him brought him straight to the vets.

Only 3 year old.

RIP wee man
ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1468182441.859546.jpg

That's shite mate :(

On 7/10/2016 at 21:27, gav-ffc said:

Only 3 year old.

RIP wee man
ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1468182441.859546.jpg

At least he got out and lived the life. A work colleague has a cat they've never let out the house. Better to have lived the short life that Dobby had, than be trapped in the house for 16 years. RIP Dobby.

We've only had one that wanted to go out. All the rest have been more than happy to kick about the house for some reason.

Nice that they took Dobby to the vet; these stories usually end with the driver just leaving the scene.

On 10 July 2016 at 21:27, gav-ffc said:

Only 3 year old.

RIP wee man
5782afaa9e734_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

Better a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep. RIP.

We've just been OK'd by the owners of our rental property to get a cat. Just told the missus on the phone and she started greetin ffs. Anyway, our last 2 cats have been quite stand offish and not overly fond of attention which reinforced my opinion of them just being lodgers that hang about because you feed them. Her and the kids would like a lap cat that'll sit on you as you watch tv. I've read up on a few breeds but I'm looking for some anecdotal evidence as well from anyone with a bit of knowledge. Personally I'd go for a Maine Coon but I don't know if she's keen. 

No Scottish Fold recommendations please - funny looking fuckers.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

We've just been OK'd by the owners of our rental property to get a cat. Just told the missus on the phone and she started greetin ffs. Anyway, our last 2 cats have been quite stand offish and not overly fond of attention which reinforced my opinion of them just being lodgers that hang about because you feed them. Her and the kids would like a lap cat that'll sit on you as you watch tv. I've read up on a few breeds but I'm looking for some anecdotal evidence as well from anyone with a bit of knowledge. Personally I'd go for a Maine Coon but I don't know if she's keen. 

Maine Coons seem pretty docile and friendly - the size of a bear though so presumably eat loads. You can probably train it to protect you from snakes etc. 

My recently dead cat was a Persian. He was mental. Not sure if that's because of the breed or because we got him in Forfar. Totally stand-offish, contemptuous of humans, ate a ridiculous amount and cost a fortune in vet bills due to constant fighting. Conformed to your cat preconceptions. 

If you go for a kitten, the breeders can probably tell you about the personality of each one of the litter. The Aussie govt says it's planning to kill 2m cats over the next few years so I'm sure you could re-home one and save it from the chop.

Had the cat for over a week now and definitely don't want to get one for ourselves for many reasons.

1) Too much hair everywhere

2) Cant keep my eyes off him for a second, every time a cupboard is left open he jumps inside and won't come out, leave kitchen door open and he's up on the surfaces, leave anything out and he chews f**k out of it.

3) Wakes us up about 6 o clock to announce he is going for a shite.

4) Constantly wanting food, even just after I have fed him.

5) Scratches me when ever he is pissing me off and I want to move him.

Can't wait for him to be taken out of my flat and out of my life once and for all.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Chewy that I posted above is a mitted Ragdoll.

He's an affectionate wee thing but he has been going for my daughter in a 'learning to hunt' sort of way. They grow to be a hell of a size as well.

Called Ragdolls due to their propensity to just flop when you pick them up.

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

We've had a couple of Maine Coons; they're pretty cool. Big tree-climbing paws. Got a Turkish Angora at the moment who corresponds to the stereotype of being a noisy attention whore, which may or may not be your thing. Can't sit down without him being all over me; he's perched on my arm right now, the wee arsehole (see below). The Persians we've had have been noisy fuckers, one of which was a total mentaloid too, and not in a good way.

The boys generally have more personality than the girls, in my experience.

WIN_20160712_13_44_23_Pro.jpg