The Alloa Athletic Thread

Tell me You's didn't have Taylor Morgan playing tonight? That would be dreadful. I wouldn't even wish that on the pars (that's a lie)

This could be sooner rather than later.

While at college, he worked towards a psychology degree, which he hopes he can use down the line in continuing a career after playing.

Sorry to keep harping on, but does anyone know what's going on with Ben Gordon yet?

I'm starting to get to the point of not caring any more. I've heard a rumour that he's knocking the c**t out of Lennon by saying he's going to show up for training/talks/etc but doesn't turn up. Apparently he got offered a deal by Kilmarnock but the wages were too low for him.

As Liviforever says, Bens been training there so far.

Seem to recall Buchanan being written off by one or two after some home pre season friendlies last season. Not really the right time to start all that after one glorified kick about. Big Geoff didn't do his chances any harm though, 2 brilliant headers.

If Gordon is pissing us about then he **** off as far as I'm concerned. Good player as he is no one is irreplaceable. Lets move on and get our team sorted out. Same goes for Doyle. In fact more so in his case.

If Gordon is pissing us about then he **** off as far as I'm concerned. Good player as he is no one is irreplaceable. Lets move on and get our team sorted out. Same goes for Doyle. In fact more so in his case.

Doyle does it every year.

This was crossing my mind also, i seem to remember Doyle messing about the last couple of seasons, you would think he would realise that maybe he is not as good as he thinks he is but if he thinks he can do better i would just let him get on with it.

Would be disappointed to see Gordon go to Livvy, but if he gets a two year deal for more money then you cant really be too critical, again if this appears to be his best offer maybe he is not as good as we think he is and the lower end of the Championship is his level purely based on the perceived lack of credable offers from bigger clubs.

Agree with BSD if the two of them are messing us about, as much as i would prefer to keep them, Lennon has to be strong and end his interest and move on, no player is bigger than the club.

Edited by Craigy

Pretty horrified by the idea that Ben's been messing us about. Agreed that we should just move on, if that's the case.

He's not a dirty enough player for Livi, and that would be a pointless move for him anyway. Silly game he's playing.

Apparently turned down us also, dunno where he thinks he's gonna end up

Not Dunfermline anyway. I have sympathy for Ben, he has been outstanding for Alloa and has come on greatly as a player. One of the stand out defenders in this league over the past two seasons. Easily capable of playing in the Premier League and surely would have already had he not previously opted to stick with part-time football due to his career. It seems he decided to have a go at full-time whilst he still had the chance but with his 30th birthday approaching perhaps Premier League clubs feel he is too old for a first crack at the top flight. Wrongly IMO, would be a fairly cheap (I'm guessing) and very effective addition for plenty of Premier League clubs. A shame for the guy if he ends up somewhere like Livingston, but I suppose at least it would be a full-time gig.

Hopefully Mike is right about people being surprised about the signings. Surprised in a good way too, rather than why the f*ck are they signing these jokers :P . We certainly need a few really good additions if we're going to be competitive.

So, from last season we've lost Meggat, Gordon, Mccord, Cawley and Buchanan. That's without including Benedictus and Chopra. Danny Lennon certainly has one hell of a rebuilding job if we're going to be competitive this season.

So, from last season we've lost Meggat, Gordon, Mccord, Cawley and Buchanan. That's without including Benedictus and Chopra. Danny Lennon certainly has one hell of a rebuilding job if we're going to be competitive this season.

Was always going to happen. A change of manager who knows his style and how he wants it too play, a successful team that have reached there maximum with Alloa and want a new challenge/better money. Some of the trialists look very good some not so good. One things for sure we are in for an interesting season one way or another.