The Alloa Athletic Thread

Inconsistency is always rife in the Development League because lineups from week to week are usually pretty varied.

Alloa completely sold the jerseys for two goals early in the second half, but Forfar were comfortably better as the score suggests.

The second half blizzard was braw though. I dont think it was too far away from abandonment, but the fact Forfar were 3, 4 up at the time would have been a factor.

Spence, Rutherford, Weatherston and Flannigan all played.

Inconsistency is always rife in the Development League because lineups from week to week are usually pretty varied.

Alloa completely sold the jerseys for two goals early in the second half, but Forfar were comfortably better as the score suggests.

The second half blizzard was braw though. I dont think it was too far away from abandonment, but the fact Forfar were 3, 4 up at the time would have been a factor.

Spence, Rutherford, Weatherston and Flannigan all played.

:lol: Even happier I missed it now; was cold enough on Saturday!

Seems like Spence has definitely slipped down the pecking order now. You'd imagine that Weatherston and Flannigan won't be here next season. I don't think Rutherford's started a game yet, has he? I'd be interested to see how he manages at the front of the more direct approach.

Rutherfords had sub appearances against Livi, Queens and then Hibs, but havent really been able to see much of what hes capable of. He only got a few minutes at Livi. At Palmerston he replaced Marr and we went 3 at the back, but the plan went pretty much out the window when Benedictus was sent off moments later.

Starved of any really decent service on Monday night, as Forfar won most of the midfield battle. Didnt have a great deal of presence either- there wasnt much to encourage Alloa to aim for him. Looks decent enough on the deck though when he has the ball.

I think Spence played on Monday to get a runout rather than any real issue- as its been a few weeks now since hes had 90 minutes.

And yes, I wouldnt expect either Weatherston or Flannigan to be at the club next season. I keep hoping Weatherston will come in and have a wee role to play, but looking less likely as the season goes on. Flannigan at least made the subs bench on Saturday. Both are decent players on their day, but unfortunately too much time spent on the treatment table then trying to play catchup getting match sharp again.

Apparently we've signed Meggatt on a pca, thoughts?

Disappointed :P. But happy for Darryll on a well earned step up. If you have a look back a couple of pages there are a few posts about him. Hopefully he can finish his time with Alloa by helping us stay up.

Good player, very difficult to replace. Bit early to be packing his job in though. He still could get crocked.

Just a rumour I heard might not be 100% true, but it was made out to sound the contract is signed but hasn't been made public yet.

Gordon to Aberdeen? That's some step up for him.

Not convinced he'll get a game there and at 29 it's pretty late in his career for a move like that. Will be seriously surprised if that one goes ahead.

It was one of those I heard third hand information. I got told off a guy who got told off a guy who knows Ben :lol: as I said it may not be true

I see Barry Smith has resigned. Bit of a shock that is it not?

Had plenty of support from the fans but we've been struggling to get results this season and IMO he's walked giving us a chance to stay up rather than waiting till it was too late. Thanks for the efforts Barry and the memorable results.

Has to be seen as a shock. If he'd kept Alloa up this season, his career would have looked on the up again with him achieving a great finish for Alloa and taking them to a Challenge Cup final. Great defensive record (Considering) this season too. Seems that Alloa just couldn't hit the back of the net often enough! And I think a lot of us know the feeling on FM when you just can't get your side scoring. :lol:

Difficult to see him recovering from this which is why I'm so surprised at his resignation (Unless forced), he'll have to manage much further down the trough.