The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Celtic cup tie confirmed 5:30pm on the Saturday on Premier Sports. Probably best outcome rather than moving to Sunday, although Friday night would also have been decent 

Pretty pleased with that to be honest, much better than being on the Sunday. 

5 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Have to totally agree here with Magic Hat.  For all the years I've followed Alloa from the 60's to the present, I cannot recall such a dislike or hatred for an Alloa manager in so short s period.

He has taken a decent footballing team to pieced and turned the team into a rudderless speedboat.  We can only be thankful he doesn't have a son signed for the club 🤔

I for one will not part with my £18 to watch the team so close to my heart as long as the non entity, Sevco living, fan disregarding @rseholeid manager.

I have endured many poor managerial appointments at Alloa in my many years of supporting the Wasps, but Mr Ferguson has eclipsed Terry Christie and Peter Grant playing their 'passenger' sons whilst far better players warmed the bench.

Do if Mr Mulraney is serious about getting Alloa into the playoffs ( for promotion hopefully), do something PDQ

He did a poor job at CLyde, fekk knows what happened at Kelty, but suspect the board bought the Lowland league title thru buying the players they needed, and walked into the SPFLs

10 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Have to totally agree here with Magic Hat.  For all the years I've followed Alloa from the 60's to the present, I cannot recall such a dislike or hatred for an Alloa manager in so short s period.

He has taken a decent footballing team to pieced and turned the team into a rudderless speedboat.  We can only be thankful he doesn't have a son signed for the club 🤔

I for one will not part with my £18 to watch the team so close to my heart as long as the non entity, Sevco loving, fan disregarding @rseholeid manager.

There will be a post almost identical to this in the Clyde thread in late 2014. When will people learn that man is an arrogant charlatan?

Remind Laughing Gravie that Terry Christie won two promotions at Alloa and also won the challenge cup. A terrific Alloa manager and you seem to be obsessed with Max Christie some 20 plus years later . The guy was decent for us in a great team . Don't try to rewrite history.  Some memorable days supporting Alloa then . 

Furthermore Peter Grant had us playing some terrific football pre-lockdown and give credit where it's due . I saw Us absolutely destroy Inverness at the recs just before closure. Last season we took points of Dundee and Hearts and knocked hearts out of the league cup . Hardly a disaster in a curtailed season . Grant had us playing excellent football albeit the team needed strengething. We ran with 16 players last season . We have 24 now - a much bigger budget and we are certainly not the better for it . 

1 hour ago, Oweny said:

Furthermore Peter Grant had us playing some terrific football pre-lockdown and give credit where it's due . I saw Us absolutely destroy Inverness at the recs just before closure. Last season we took points of Dundee and Hearts and knocked hearts out of the league cup . Hardly a disaster in a curtailed season . Grant had us playing excellent football albeit the team needed strengething. We ran with 16 players last season . We have 24 now - a much bigger budget and we are certainly not the better for it . 

Scott Banks’ performance that day was exceptional, type of player the current team is desperate for to create something in midfield. 

Grant was probably a Kevin O’Hara type quick front man, a centre half, and a replacement for his son away from keeping us in the Championship and still being in charge today - there was a lot of good football to watch while he was here. 

Terry Christie did well despite Max and we did play good stuff at the time. I was also happy with PG, but Covid never allowed the fans to give him the 'support' he d served.  

And yes, we were an O'Hara type away from safety last season.  His son was at best average in the championship and has now found his level this season.

Ferguson has been a total nightmare this season and there's no sign anything is about to change.

5 hours ago, RolandPie said:

Barry F to Hibs and the Return of Jack Ross  - unlikely I know!

Extremely unlikely , hard to believe some of us are even suggesting he would be back here, 

he will be snapped up by a fulltime team somewhere here or in england

3 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Extremely unlikely , hard to believe some of us are even suggesting he would be back here, 

Never underestimate the draw of another winter on the Clackmannan Road.

6 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

A winter of discontent  methinks

Aye. A more important point than Jack Ross having outgrown us is that Barry Ferguson won't be going anywhere anyway.

Never mind, always next year.

4 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

On another note   "bring him home "

It remains quite shocking that Falkirk haven't managed to get a decent game out of Stevie Hetherington in League One.

At least he hasn't spent the season on the bench here, or playing at left-back.

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

It was light hearted optimism - Steve Hetherington though - that's more likely!

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

It remains quite shocking that Falkirk haven't managed to get a decent game out of Stevie Hetherington in League One.

At least he hasn't spent the season on the bench here, or playing at left-back.

Didn't take FFC long to train the football out of him.

Edited by laughing gravie