The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harkins is too much of a passenger in a team. He relies on receiving the ball from team mates rather than digging in and putting a tackle in. This proved pretty fucking costly a lot of the time when for the most part we play against 'better' teams.

We managed to hold onto Kello, so that'll do me for now.

Let's be real, here, thats as close as we are likely to come to a marquee signing in any event.

Still not a peep from the club about new signings? Gies a signing!!

Killie have just signed Hamill on a three year deal (yes, you read that correctly), so be careful what you wish for!

Would rather we took our time instead of panic signing just because our rivals shave singed Jamie Hamill and Kevin Thomson.

Our signings are going to be from the same ball park. Either a released prem player, run the risk of a unknown foreigner ,a ex Prem player who has failed down South and it trying to re-boot his career or a journeyman who is looking for 1 last big pay day.

Aberdeen, Sevco, Hearts and Hibs will cherry pick the best available. Then Motherwell, United and Saintees.

The bottom 6 will fight over the scraps.

Would rather we took our time instead of panic signing just because our rivals shave singed Jamie Hamill and Kevin Thomson.

Our signings are going to be from the same ball park. Either a released prem player, run the risk of a unknown foreigner ,a ex Prem player who has failed down South and it trying to re-boot his career or a journeyman who is looking for 1 last big pay day.

Aberdeen, Sevco, Hearts and Hibs will cherry pick the best available. Then Motherwell, United and Saintees.

The bottom 6 will fight over the scraps.

Correct on all counts.

If McGregors off to Sevco or Hearts we should be bringing in a decent centre half. Although if it was possible and my choice I'd keep McGregor and punt McAusland. The 2 of them just dont make a good partnership, but both have been good next to other players.

In Kello we already have one of the best goalkeepers at this level.

With Naismith and Kelly we have 2 very decent all round full backs. With an good experienced CB next to them I'd think they'll both improve.

My main concern is keeping John McGinn. Looks like its going to be very difficult though, and I'm already accepting losing Kenny McLean.

Long time to go until the season starts again. With about 5-7 new faces coming in for us IMO.

Alot of Danny's signings were also Tommys remember, it was Tommy that wanted Danny to sign Novo ffs

At the U21 game, Novo was sitting 2 seats away from Tommy Craig.

Almost felt ill when I saw that.

Harkins is too much of a passenger in a team. He relies on receiving the ball from team mates rather than digging in and putting a tackle in. This proved pretty fucking costly a lot of the time when for the most part we play against 'better' teams.

Remember the Ross County game where he just stood and let his man run off him to score from a corner!

I know some players, like Higdon were able to play well whilst not running about like headless chickens, but there are limits!

He has had 3 teams in the SPL and flopped at Killie and now Saints being a success in a 3 month spell at Dundee when he was looking for a new deal.

That agent twitter thing is linking us with Scott Johnstone of Montrose now. Probably just made up but you never know.

We must have been linked with Stevenson about 10 times in his career.

Wouldn't be overly fussed either way, he's decent but would much rather we kept hold of McGinn and McLean.

If people are just looking to try and take McGinn and McLean on the cheap because they think St. Mirren will let it happen, then you'll keep the pair of them I think.

Has there been any news on further offers for the pair?

If people are just looking to try and take McGinn and McLean on the cheap because they think St. Mirren will let it happen, then you'll keep the pair of them I think.

Has there been any news on further offers for the pair?

Well McLean would be compensation as he's out of contract. If he leaves Scotland we will be due about 300k, if he goes to another Scottish club we will be due around 100k. He hasn't received any concrete offers yet apart from our own I believe.

I think it's quite possible he will stay actually.

McGinn has another year left and I believe we have had two offers from England, both of which have been rejected. I also hear he's been offered an extended contract by us which would give him a nice pay rise.

If we could somehow keep a hold of both it would be two of the finest bits of business we've done for a long time.

Archived