The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least Stevie isn't bothered.

What would I be bothered about? Simply responding to a post... Is that not the whole idea? SF obviously doesn't value John McGinn at £1 million... That's his opinion, but that doesn't really count for much.

He won't go for a million.

He probably won't, you're right... He's certainly the best young player I've seen come through the ranks and we should hold off for at least 500k with add ons... Anything else would be embarrassing.

The idea of a Scottish Premier player in these days going for a million is funny. I'd imagine if that's what St. Mirren are wanting, they simply aren't going to get it. If they want to cash in on him, they'll need to accept less.

We don't need to sell McGinn anyway. We aren't in financial trouble, he's got another year on his contract and we'll get money for him if he goes then anyway. We're as well holding out for what we think he's worth, and if nobody wants to pay that then we still have one of our best players for next season.

Around the £250k mark I think although it will probably be undisclosed.

If they lose McGinn, which is looking fairly likely they'll need to keep McLean.

Why would we sell McGinn at that price when it's at the low end of the estimates of development fee being bandied about for McLean if he goes south? We could keep McGinn for a season and more than likely still get £250k.

Around the £250k mark I think although it will probably be undisclosed.

If they lose McGinn, which is looking fairly likely they'll need to keep McLean.

We've already rejected a bid in that region.

Why will we need to keep McLean? If we lose McGinn we will coin it in, and that money will be used to reinforce the squad with adequate replacements.

We've already rejected a bid in that region.

Why will we need to keep McLean? If we lose McGinn we will coin it in, and that money will be used to reinforce the squad with adequate replacements.

Glad you feel confident about that mate because I don't, Lewis Stevenson etc, no fucking thanks

Glad you feel confident about that mate because I don't, Lewis Stevenson etc, no fucking thanks

We haven't signed him, and if we did it wouldn't be as a replacement for McGinn/McLean.

If we have money behind us - which we will if we sell - I'm confident in Tommy's ability to use it wisely.

Have to agree with Stan here, there's no way we'll get anything like a million for John. Imagine we'd be more than happy to accept something around the 500k mark.

If we lose him and Kenny it will be really tough to find adequate replacements on our wage budget imo.

Have to agree with Stan here, there's no way we'll get anything like a million for John. Imagine we'd be more than happy to accept something around the 500k mark.

If we lose him and Kenny it will be really tough to find adequate replacements on our wage budget imo.

If we can get a bidding war going I don't see why we can't get between 500k and 1 million, especially if you include add ons etc. There's several Championship/League 1 teams interested, play them off against each other and maximise profit.

McLean and McGinn are products of our acclaimed youth system of course, if they leave we will get fees for both.

I have faith that the money and/or our proven youth system will provide replacements. Watch out for Declan Hughes next season, he's the latest midfielder off our conveyor belt to win a first team contract.

That's exactly what I said... 500k plus add ons is what we will probably accept. I still think it's less than what he's worth but we won't hold out for a million...

We haven't signed him, and if we did it wouldn't be as a replacement for McGinn/McLean.

If we have money behind us - which we will if we sell - I'm confident in Tommy's ability to use it wisely.

Alot of Danny's signings were also Tommys remember, it was Tommy that wanted Danny to sign Novo ffs

Alot of Danny's signings were also Tommys remember, it was Tommy that wanted Danny to sign Novo ffs

I don't think there has ever been a real chance of Novo signing for us.

Anyway, yet more good news today. We have sold more than 2000 season tickets already, up a few hundred on this time last year.

Archived