The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

It true he was on 3k a week? I find it hard to believe we are paying that kind of wage but heard it off a few people.

On the slim chance it was correct I hope we would use that money to offer Kenny or McGinn a year or two extensions on their deals

He was earning the same as Thommo, Goody and Teale last year, the very top band of senior pros. With appearance and win bonuses they could earn approx 3k a week.

We've offered Kenny a similar contract this year, would be great if he signs it.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goalkeepers don't work the same as other players though. A young goalie will learn a lot from a more experienced number one and doesn't necessarily need matches to stay sharp and develop properly, not when he's playing U20s every week, what he does need is a good first choice keeper and a good goalie coach. He wouldn't be wasting on a bench, he'd be learning.

Agreed mate . I was going on the assumption he would want to be number 1 for a club. Kello and Mathers will bring him on .

So lads. Rory Fallon sitting with tommy Craig at the Scotland u21 match? :lol: #unlucks

Aye, must be signing then. :rolleyes:

Surely to God no one will ever employ that man to play football again.

Aye, must be signing then. :rolleyes:

Surely to God no one will ever employ that man to play football again.

Why else would he be at the Scotland u21 game with your manager at your stadium? He moved to Crawley not so long ago.

;)

Why else would he be at the Scotland u21 game with your manager at your stadium? He moved to Crawley not so long ago.

;)

Kirk Broadfoot was also at the game so he must be signing, too.

;)

He's hardly likely to be with him at another stadium, is he? ;)

Find it astonishing that St Mirren were paying players up to £3,000 p/w last season, if true. There must be a huge disparity at across the squad in terms of what players earn, which can't be positive IMO.

The Fallon picture is brilliant but can't believe that Tommy Craig has any interest in him, although he did score against St Mirren last season. He's really dreadful.

@ Radford - yeah, if a striker's only going to score one goal in eight appearances, it's a sure-fire bet it'll come against us. :(

Fallon actually had a decent scoring record - about 1 in 3*.

* 10 years ago, for a very short spell.

Find it astonishing that St Mirren were paying players up to £3,000 p/w last season, if true. There must be a huge disparity at across the squad in terms of what players earn, which can't be positive IMO.

The Fallon picture is brilliant but can't believe that Tommy Craig has any interest in him, although he did score against St Mirren last season. He's really dreadful.

They figures do seem high.

However 4 of the starting 11 throughout the season came through the youth team recently, 3 signed fresh deals but even at that they won't be on a huge amount.

We did streamline the squad to a certain extent and went with quality over quantity last summer. Which was ironic because we ended up paying the new signings off or sending them back to their club.

Can only judge TC on who he has signed so far, which is Kello and a few youth players given first team contracts .

I think we'll have 14-15 first team players along with the youth players inducted to the team.

If Tommy Craig attempts to sign Novo I will chuck it, not paying money to watch that greasy wee p***k.

I don't think there's any chance he'll sign Novo. He must be mental if he did after the 'No to Novo' campaign.

Agreed that if he did then there would be alot of unhappy fans!

Archived