The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

On what I've seen of McGinn I would be pleased if we managed to come in for another bid that was what St Mirren was looking for. Do agree that £100.000 is abit of an insult as he could be a very decent player. It's becoming very Scottish here in Sheffied but I am glad that Nigel is bringing in good Scottish players.

I have to pick you up on that. He already is a very decent player. He could well go on to become an outstanding player, and a regualr Scottish international.

Anything less than £1M would be disappointing, though I fear our current BoD would let him go for around £350K.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can imagine Taylor is on a decent wedge though, think we'd struggle to match that in a player exchange.

He's rumoured to be on £2500 a week.

I have to pick you up on that. He already is a very decent player. He could well go on to become an outstanding player, and a regualr Scottish international.

Anything less than £1M would be disappointing, though I fear our current BoD would let him go for around £350K.

I did say on what I've seen and that's only been a handful of games. Wouldn't be surprised if we did fail on getting him that a championship team might try and buy him. As for Lyle Taylor I would be disappointed if he did go back up North as I think he can still do a job down here maybe with another league 1 side. Just hasn't been giving a chance under Clough at all which is a shame but maybe not been giving all in training as Clough couldn't wait to punt him out on loan.

Allegedly Conor was willing to stay for £4k a week. Allegedly we politely refused :)

The Rotherham Football Manager researcher asked me to set his wages to £2k a week plus bonuses when transferring him across. Still more than we would be prepared to offer I imagine.

The Rotherham Football Manager researcher asked me to set his wages to £2k a week plus bonuses when transferring him across. Still more than we would be prepared to offer I imagine.

Ha classic cheating.

Set it at 5k a week with 3k appearance bonus.

Clough hoping that John McGinn will be a Sheffield United player before the start of pre-season with St Mirren valuing the player at around £400.000. Looks like you'll be losing a very good player indeed.

But gaining the best part of half a million quid...

Didn't see that one coming.Great news.

Neither did anyone in the club! We had offered him a contract fully expecting him to sign elsewhere. Unexpected fantastic news, he's one of the best keepers in the league.

Kello is a class act. This is a great bit of business.

Dilo is a very good young 'keeper, but not commanding enough to be a consistent number 1 as yet. Would be great to keep him on, but retaining Kello is better business if we had to choose.

Yep, fantastic start to the Tommy Craig era. Hopefully will spring another surprise with McLean signing up now...?

Dilo could do worse than sign up with us again and learn a lot from a number 1 keeper like Kello.

He'd probably have to drop down a level or 2 if he wants to play 30+ games a season. Which would also mean less wages.

I'd try and sign Dilo up long term and even loan him out to a Championship club this season and sign a back up for Kello.

Dilo looks a superb talent. Would be a shame if we lost him.

Archived