The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

I feel quite sorry for Darren - he was a very promising talent and his injuries fcuked up his career. It would be great if he can get a decent wage from a club that doesn't know how to stop pissing away money and I wish him all the best.

It would be nice to start to hear TC dropping some hints about his plans for defence.

Quite sorry?

Imagine having that fat fud slabbering in your lug!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better to say nothing until potential targets have put pen to paper. I think we have been gazumped once or twice before, or at least been used as a bargaining chip for

Clubs/players looking for a move......

Yep good on the board if true. Would be madness to accept a bid just now anyway when we have the whole summer ahead. Who knows who might come in for him.

No offence to United but he should at least be going to a lower end Championship club.

I obviously hope he doesn't go - but the blades would be a good move for him. He would get a regular game in a very competitive league - they'll be amoungst the favorites to get promoted and would set him up nicely for the championship the following season - whether it be with Sheffield or a new team. He's still very young!

Good Scottish core (inc his bro) down there as well which would also help.

However I re-iterate, I hope to f**k he doesn't go!!

I obviously hope he doesn't go - but the blades would be a good move for him. He would get a regular game in a very competitive league - they'll be amoungst the favorites to get promoted and would set him up nicely for the championship the following season - whether it be with Sheffield or a new team. He's still very young!

Good Scottish core (inc his bro) down there as well which would also help.

However I re-iterate, I hope to f**k he doesn't go!!

Yeah i see where your coming from. It would give him a year to adjust to English football and with the amount of Scots there including his brother and them being promotion contenders itwould be a good move.

Would just hate him to end up stuck in that league for 3 years and end up vanishing like so many Scots that have went down South.

I have accepted he is leaving, so if he stays or even signs a cheeky wee extension onto his contract I will be over the moon.

Great news for us that Dundee have signed McPake, Thomson and possibly even Barr. It weakens them and stops Craig from being tempted to bring them to Paisley.

Surprised if Motherwell are prepared to go for Stevenson after he dicked them around a few years back.

Great news for us that Dundee have signed McPake, Thomson and possibly even Barr.

*shudder*

That's like the beginning of a select XI of Premiership shite. They'll be signing Harkins and Gardyne next.

Stevenson would be a decent signing for a top 6 side. He'll not come to us.

I don't see anyone bothering that Dundee have signed McPake and Thomson. Not even Hibs fans.

They could be our Mark Kerr and John Baird.

Great news for us that Dundee have signed McPake, Thomson and possibly even Barr. It weakens them and stops Craig from being tempted to bring them to Paisley.

Yep. I was a bit concerned when a few Saints fans were saying we would/should sign McPake. He's a disaster.

Stevenson would be a decent signing for a top 6 side. He'll not come to us.

I don't see anyone bothering that Dundee have signed McPake and Thomson. Not even Hibs fans.

They could be our Mark Kerr and John Baird.

Well, they also signed Mark Kerr and John Baird the season before you were promoted.

I agree though that these Dundee signings are great news for the rest of the league. It confirms that Hartley has no idea what he's doing and cast irons Dundee's position as favourites for 11th spot.

Back to us and our quest for a striker. We need to accept that we will be signing someone in the Parkin/Magennis mould.

The reason for this is that the incoming striker will know he's coming as back up. Our first choice striker next year will be our captain Steven Thompson. The striker we will sign needs to be happy that he will start the season on the bench. Therefore we need to accept what we get and not panic when he's revealed

As long as he's in the country he will be an improvement on our back up striker for most of last year - Bahoken.

I'll be astounded if Fallon gets a top flight gig in Scotland. 5 goals over his last four seasons. One of which was against us. :(

Scenes when that went in. Actually what a game that was. 7 goals, 2 penalties, a red card and one of the most inept refereeing displays I've ever seen. All bathed in wonderful sunshine IIRC. Shame we lost and ultimately even worse was MacLean being out for 4 months.

Apparently in for Ryan Stevenson, getting let go by Hearts today. Motherwell and Inverness also want him.

where did you hear that .not seen that anywhere he will end up at Dundee

What odds are st Mirren to get relegated this season? Have a good feeling about it :D

With Fallon and Novo upfront? Not sure how you've come to that conclusion tbh.

Archived