The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've said on B&WA, I'd sign him up. Not the most mobile, but holds the ball up well. was looking to bring others into play, and he clearly knew where the goal was. If we sign him, he'll score at least ten next season*. Feel free to bookmark this.

* And 'knowledgeable' supporters will slate him for not running around like a daft c**t. That will definitely also happen.

As I've said on B&WA, I'd sign him up. Not the most mobile, but holds the ball up well. was looking to bring others into play, and he clearly knew where the goal was. If we sign him, he'll score at least ten next season*. Feel free to bookmark this.

* And 'knowledgeable' supporters will slate him for not running around like a daft c**t. That will definitely also happen.

Mark Yardley was big and not very mobile he scored a shit load of goals for us.

We are shaping up very nicely also like the sound of the 6'4 centre back who might becoming on loan from Bolton , fingers crossed.

Oof dunno about scoring 10!

He needs to get himself fit first and foremost before we think about a contract. To let himself go as much as he has between being released by Derby and now is pretty unprofessional IMO. Even without a club he should have gave himself a preseason, he was like a taller Mark Yardley! (Not that that's such a bad thing).

I'd happily play him tonight, give him a hard week next week and then play him against Carlisle. If he shows enough and his attitude is right he would certainly be worth a 1 year contract as back up to Thompson.

Cian Bolger apparently joining on loan today. 6'4 centre half from Bolton.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cian_Bolger

Dunno if that's definite - it's bloody lovestreet that says he's joining after all. Another relatively inexperienced player - although more than Plummer, Naismith and Kelly - but a big guy, which is what we need at the back. If we sign him and Ball, assuming he's fit enough, I'd be a bit more confident about our chances for the coming season. And if we add a midfielder as well...

Dunno if that's definite - it's bloody lovestreet that says he's joining after all. Another relatively inexperienced player - although more than Plummer, Naismith and Kelly - but a big guy, which is what we need at the back. If we sign him and Ball, assuming he's fit enough, I'd be a bit more confident about our chances for the coming season. And if we add a midfielder as well...

Mr Zoo was first in BAWA it's in the Metro paper then Lovestreet followed up with bubbling under ha ha ha !

Mr Zoo was first in BAWA it's in the Metro paper then Lovestreet followed up with bubbling under ha ha ha !

Yup, Mr Zo said we were looking at him - only lovestreet said he's signing today.

If you look back two pages on this thread you'll see that ;)

He played as a trialist on Saturday and scored. He's 6'3 and a big lad in more ways than one, he hasn't done any preseason whatsoever. Tommy says he will have another look at him tonight.

post-25521-0-22744700-1406561158.jpg

Oof dunno about scoring 10!

He needs to get himself fit first and foremost before we think about a contract. To let himself go as much as he has between being released by Derby and now is pretty unprofessional IMO. Even without a club he should have gave himself a preseason, he was like a taller Mark Yardley! (Not that that's such a bad thing).

I'd happily play him tonight, give him a hard week next week and then play him against Carlisle. If he shows enough and his attitude is right he would certainly be worth a 1 year contract as back up to Thompson.

Well, he's got one already - just nine to go :P

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Can't have him thinking he can just stroll into a contract. It really is hard to see us getting as many games out of Thommo this year, mind.

I tell you what, though, if he signs, we'll have FOUR strikers at the club, plus Reilly. :blink: It'd be like we were playing with a complete squad (assuming a CH comes in too). Madness.

Maybe Reilly is seen as a potential replacement for McGowan. Lennon used him as an attacking midfielder a few times - don't think it worked mind you!

Maybe Reilly is seen as a potential replacement for McGowan. Lennon used him as an attacking midfielder a few times - don't think it worked mind you!

Reilly looked like a decent prospect before he was clamped on the ankle by some Dundee diddy, then Hutchinson finished the job a week or 2 later. He has never recovered from the ankle injury.

He had good touch and vision from what I saw, which wasn't much. The fact he hardly featured at all last season even though we had a striker crisis and this season we have signed a ex Hibee who is roughly the same age and is above him in the pecking order, would make you assume his days at the club are numbered.

Goodwin starting tonight :thumsup2

Either it's 4-3-3 or Reilly is indeed being tried in midfield.

McAusland out for six weeks apparently - explains the need for another defender!

Tam Reilly scores a worldly haha.

Sod's law that would happen! Seems it is a front three.

The standard of opposition in these games is not very good, I'm guessing we're using them to see if Ball is fit and can link up with our players rather than anything else. Still, two in two is good - can't ask him to do much more.

Archived