The St Mirren 2014/2015 Season Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on Facebook said it's something to do with Cellic playing in Dubai? But that sounds daft and Facebook is full of eejits so I wouldn't believe that.

Celtic are scheduled to play Dundee Utd at Parkhead live on TV on that date.

Absolutely no idea why this one is off. Absolutely no reasoning given behind it, and if we do beat Sociedad, we should still be playing St Mirren in the middle of the playoff legs. Bit more reasoning needed here.

Totally agree. We'll have more fixture congestion on our journey to Warsaw now. Along with our march to the treble.

What were the club thinking about?

It'll also affect the attendance because very few buddies will be interested in a midweek trip to Pittodrie.

Seriously though. Does seem a bit stupid and inconvenient. I'll have to spend a Saturday afternoon with the wife and bairn.

Heavy fixture load? What, because full-time professional footballers are being forced to play a whole two times a week after the summer off? Aye, very good.

Disappointed we agreed to this. We're far too nice about things like this - we should have told Aberdeen to shove it. Not a game I was going to anyway but not exactly the easiest midweek trip for those who will be heading up.

Agree we should have told the Sheep to stick it, but if by some miracle they beat Sociedad then can see why they made the request and it probably had to be sorted sooner rather than later.

Would've been pleasing to tell them to do one though, especially after Milne's craven arselicking of Celtc during the reconstruction debacle. Have St Johnstone made a similar request?

Agree we should have told the Sheep to stick it, but if by some miracle they beat Sociedad then can see why they made the request and it probably had to be sorted sooner rather than later.

Would've been pleasing to tell them to do one though, especially after Milne's craven arselicking of Celtc during the reconstruction debacle. Have St Johnstone made a similar request?

Was it really Milne who blocked moving to a voting system that could not be manipulated purely in the Old Firm's interests?

I know I've heard that bandied about, but surely it can't be true.

Mind you this is also the guy that accused Stuart Gilmour, and Saints, of destroying Scottish Football because we refused the ridiculous 8-8-8 system.

Although with hindsight, he may have been right, look how dull things were in the bottom 6 towards the end of last season.

More seriously though, it does make me wonder even more we we've agreed to this???

The injury to cheesy is in my opinion more important than Sir Thommo's. Central defence is so important, a wee striker can run around and annoy the defence.

A centre half dictates the flow of the game, long ball/pass to midfield play maker. What i'm trying to say is McAusland is a bigger loss than Thommo.

Just my opinion, but i would rather have a strong defence to build on.

Awaits Cheesy is shite posts.

It's just a shame to see the famous Aberdeen running scared and requesting that games be moved before the season's even started. Surely, with your buying power, last year's runners up third placed side could beat us with any set of players you choose to put out.

Don't know why you are moaning, very few of you bother going to Pittodrie anyway.

Yeah, I never go up there, second worst away day in the league after Parkhead. Hopefully the re-arranged game is on telly, that would be good.

Archived