The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

32 minutes ago, RiG said:

Cardiff being linked with a move for Hayes. I'd be very surprised if Hayes did leave. He loves life in Scotland and I don't think he's desperate to head back south any time soon.

Must be tempting to have the chance to double his salary (at least) for a year or two now he's almost 30 though. Saying that, I don't think the £500k being reported is nearly enough for us to sell our best player.

Aberdeen's best player coming to the Hearts for nout. heh.png

Still, he too clearly sees how much further ahead we'll be in the coming years, so it's a no-brainer for him, really.

I always felt this would be mcginns last contract with us. He's given us 5 good years and at 29 probably has one good move left in him.

However, I'd be surprised and disappointed if it turned out to be hearts but if he does go c'est la vie, id stop short of wishing him luck though!

My bigger concern would be that it signals the break up of this squad. Here's hoping it's not.

probably just wants a break from early european starts. hasnt had a break in a few years so going to hearts will give him a breather at the end of season and some league cup group games to get him ticking over. if he does go id imagine it will be tight fight between hearts and tommy wrights st johnstone for 4th . my money would be on the experienced wright when he gets his usual bargain or two in.

Don't think Aberdeen should break the bank on a very average player like McGinn. McGinn gives us balance in the team but at times he looks like he isn't giving 100% and for the majority of this season has been dreadful.

I always thought he would be looking at a last big move but would be surprised if he picked Hearts over Aberdeen as their turnover isn't near Aberdeen and there is a doubt over new management team going with the performance against Aberdeen.

I'm more concerned at losing our 3 best players on this transfer window (Hayes, Rooney or Lewis)

Edited by betting competition

Don't think Aberdeen should break the bank on a very average player like McGinn. McGinn gives us balance in the team but at times he looks like he isn't giving 100% and for the majority of this season has been dreadful.
I always thought he would be looking at a last big move but would be surprised if he picked Hearts over Aberdeen as their turnover isn't near Aberdeen and there is a doubt over new management team going with the performance against Aberdeen.
I'm more concerned at losing our 3 best players on this transfer window (Hayes, Rooney or Lewis)

I wouldn't describe McGinn as average. He will be very difficult to replace when he does leave.

14 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Rooney better than McGinn:lol: Rooney has scored 4 league goals from open play this season and even that is generous considering one was the rebound from a missed penalty:rolleyes: McGinn has scored 6 from open play before you even consider what else he offers considering he is a winger. I know which player I would rather keep.

Edited by KingswellsRed