The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Been very strongly rumoured for weeks up here, long before the Weegia got a hold of it. Apparently the pre-contract was a done thing last month. Very sad to see the lad go if he does, but he would be getting a level of money we can't pay.

If Rangers were a right thinking club, he's exactly the sort of player they should be going for. Proven at this level, and they really need a solid defensive midfield. It's exactly for this reason that I think he might not end up there. Since when do they make sensible, targeted transfers. He'd be despised by the fans down there too, he's too passive, he doesn't storm about kicking folk, and his role in the team is undervalued by us. He'd do well, but their fans are morons who want "BATTLE FEVER" and he's better than that. 

Much like O'Halloran, Rangers fans will be expecting the type of player they've thought up in their minds, rather than what the player actually is. They seemed astounded O'Halloran was a right winger who only had pace, as they seemed to think he was a clinical centre forward who'd be making clever runs all game. They likely expect Jack to be a goalscoring box to box midfielder who'll physically dominate games.

3 hours ago, Menzel said:

It was actually an interview with the Manager on RedTV - obviously Aberdeen are not happy with media trying to unsettle us

4 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Been very strongly rumoured for weeks up here, long before the Weegia got a hold of it. Apparently the pre-contract was a done thing last month. Very sad to see the lad go if he does, but he would be getting a level of money we can't pay.

That's "apparently" utter crap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2017 at 09:33, 2pac said:

Swap deal for mallan ?

Wouldn't be the worst deal in the world but Smith is too good for this league. If he doesn't get his chance at the Dons i can see him doing well at somewhere like Killie or Thistle.

On 12/04/2017 at 12:24, tarapoa said:

A lot of dandies had written off any prospect of Smith coming back when we saw that he couldn't get a regular game for Yinitit.

Club will need to make a call on Smith, Storie and Shankland this summer - with the loaned out player receiving the best reports so far having been Harvie at Dumbarton.

Id say he's worth taking a chance on. Really quick and direct, could be a long term replacement for Hayes if he can develop at the Dons. Shankland won't make the grade. Struggled with us this season in a poor team right enough, but hasn't excelled at Morton when they have been flying high. Maybe a lower end Championship player in there somewhere but not good enough for the Prem never mind Scotland's 2nd best team.

On 12/04/2017 at 14:22, RussellAnderson said:

I think Shankland's probably done at Aberdeen. How has Storie been at St Mirren? He looked decent last season for us, but attitude problems apparently. Smith I've always liked but he doesn't score enough really. 

Looked like the kind of player we were crying out for until we signed Stephen McGinn a few weeks after. Struggled to get in the team since, only seen him once or twice, he could win the ball but then be really sloppy with possession and slowed our play right down which isn't the way Jack Ross wants the team to play.

Out of the 3 I'd say Smith has the best chance of making the grade. Would probably write the other 2 off, definitely in Shankland's case.

Looked like the kind of player we were crying out for until we signed Stephen McGinn a few weeks after. Struggled to get in the team since, only seen him once or twice, he could win the ball but then be really sloppy with possession and slowed our play right down which isn't the way Jack Ross wants the team to play.
Out of the 3 I'd say Smith has the best chance of making the grade. Would probably write the other 2 off, definitely in Shankland's case.

Glad to hear smith is doing well.

Suspect he will leave us unfortunately But hope he goes onto have a solid career.

I see McLean was being touted as a target for Rangers today.

I fully expect to see a report that we'll be making a franchise move to Glasgw to be renamed Rangers

columbus crew have won the race to sign Jack (espn & sky sports)
how utterly bizarre

Did they not have a Scottish manager a while back?

Anyone seen the supposed new kit ?

pinstripes again, better collar, one shade of red this time with the 3 adidas stripes running down side of body.

Away kit white with red pinstripes.