The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

He's not that good. Still got huge flaws to his game that will be exposed more in a Rodgers team than a McInnes team. He struggles a lot when facing better opposition such as Burnley.
If they are selling Boyata to bring in McKenna then that's a huge downgrade in the short to medium term.
The fact that the (supposedly) went in with a £3.5m bid for McKenna but didn't manage to meet the asking price for a far superior player in McGinn is also curiously funny as well.

A huge downgrade on Boyata?

Boyata is an utter bomb scare at times. McKenna lid probably around the same level at the moment and will become a far better player.

If we can get McKenna fit for this upcoming international break there is every chance he could have 10 international caps by Christmas

21 year old CB

4.5 year contract

10 international caps

Captained club and country

I'm quite comfortable, as the club are, to hang on for January. Celtic will need to bid huge huge hard cash to get him now. I heard the bid so far is only £1m straight away. Lets speak about £5m straight away and then we'll get down to talking.

29 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Heard Montrose are after Ryan Harrington on loan from you guys any info on him?

I ve  seen A lot him ..  gets up and down the park   can put ball in  . .fit lad  and tidy player    nothing that really stands out  ..   but was on our bench towards last season and maybe this season i think .?  someone will correct me .   .Mcinnes give him another year deal so thinks might be something there .....think loan be great for him 

5 minutes ago, Ntcham21 said:

McKenna must be a very good player for you guys to hold him in this high regard.

I have been disappointed the couple times , I have watched him.

He's a developing player. Benefitted from the fact our and Scotland's centre halfs have been dog shit in the last couple of years.

That gives him a great platform

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

He doesn't have much pace at all. In fact he turns quite slowly.

No chance will a Premier League team sign him next summer. I'd bet you that won't happen. Even McGinn didn't get a move to a Premier League side and he is obviously the more accomplished player.

Absolute rubbish regarding lack of pace.

Regarding comparisons to McGinn. This is completely irrelevant and if you can't see why then there isn't much hope for you to be honest.

1 hour ago, Forest of Dean said:

He doesn't have much pace at all. In fact he turns quite slowly.

No chance will a Premier League team sign him next summer. I'd bet you that won't happen. Even McGinn didn't get a move to a Premier League side and he is obviously the more accomplished player.

I’ve no idea why John McGinn and Scott McKenna are continuingly being compared by folk on here, particularly Rangers fans. Completely different players, different positions, different lengths of contract at their clubs, different ages. The are both Scottish and play football, but that’s about it.

Just now, kingjoey said:

I’ve no idea why John McGinn and Scott McKenna are continuingly being compared by folk on here, particularly Rangers fans. Completely different players, different positions, different lengths of contract at their clubs, different ages. The are both Scottish and play football, but that’s about it.

Nail on head KJ:thumsup2

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Because “them” m8.

39 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

I ve  seen A lot him ..  gets up and down the park   can put ball in  . .fit lad  and tidy player    nothing that really stands out  ..   but was on our bench towards last season and maybe this season i think .?  someone will correct me .   .Mcinnes give him another year deal so thinks might be something there .....think loan be great for him 

Was on the bench against Dundee this season.

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I literally compared him once. Haven't seen anyone else make the comparison. Liam Lindsay would be a better comparison and is certainly the better player currently. That is only at the moment though as McKenna does have some good raw attributes but it is still very early days before he can be considered at Lindsay's level.

Guest Bob Mahelp
30 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

I literally compared him once. Haven't seen anyone else make the comparison. Liam Lindsay would be a better comparison and is certainly the better player currently. That is only at the moment though as McKenna does have some good raw attributes but it is still very early days before he can be considered at Lindsay's level.

You were doing so well until you slipped from banter into mad, mental lunacy.

31 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Not sure and I’ll need to check, but I don’t think that Lindsay has captained Scotland. And I doubt that you’ve seen him play since he left Thistle.

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

You were doing so well until you slipped from banter into mad, mental lunacy.

Explain how it's lunacy? He's got a much better pedigree and experience. He's just a superior player and that's obvious from whenever I've seen either as McKenna is often torn about whenever he plays against Rangers. See 3-0 at Ibrox for the most obvious example. Motherwell tore him apart!

20 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Explain how it's lunacy? He's got a much better pedigree and experience. He's just a superior player and that's obvious from whenever I've seen either as McKenna is often torn about whenever he plays against Rangers. See 3-0 at Ibrox for the most obvious example. Motherwell tore him apart!

Whereas Barnsley got relegated, but I'm sure Lindsay never was less than impeccable in all those games.

Seems strange that Celtic, the Scotland Manager and the other sides linked with McKenna didn't just go for Lindsay if he's so obviously head and shoulders above him.