The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

21 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Cosgrove, based on what I saw of him, looks like a “big game”  player. He has a presence about him.

Worth mentioning that the criticism you have levelled at Cosgrove is exactly what was aimed at Kris Boyd by Deadco fans even through the prime of his career. I know Boyd isn’t a favourite with your support but putting the ball in the net is the hardest thing to do. If Cosgrove returns 15+ every season who cares what the rest of his game is like.

Of course mate, but penalties should not count. I would score them.

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As someone who watched Tony Watt spend all season pinging passes about, beating folk at will, but missing from 3 yards out, I'd suggest to you that having a striker who simply scores goals isnt a bad thing.

I would say that we operate on different transfer levels though, so you're maybe able to get someone who can do both.

Remember all his penalties in his total.

12 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Cosgrove is a conundrum. On one hand, his scoring return last season was very good, he has a presence, he is capable of occupying and harassing defenders, and he gives us a target to hit when necessary. On the other hand, his excellent form came in a relatively condensed period, his physicality can make it too easy for us to bypass midfield and punt aimlessly long, and he is still more than capable of a stinking performance, although not alone in that. I'm still not convinced that he is suited to being a lone striker, either; but if somebody is going to play alongside him, they simply have to be of better quality than the likes of May or Main. 

I want him to be here next season, but I do have concerns that having him in the team encourages us to play the sort of caveman football we saw too often last season, although that isn't entirely his fault. 

Exactly this

10 minutes ago, big al said:

Of course mate, but penalties should not count. I would score them.

6 penalties from 22 goals I think?

So 16 non penalty goals.

Adam Rooney at the same age for ICT in the top flight?

21 goals in total, 7 penalties. 14 non penalty goals...

Wonder if you lot will be back in for Pittman again? Refused to pay 200k in January and offered 175k apparently. Signed a new deal (3 new deals in 1 year :D) so we'd probably be looking for more

21 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

5ceefc1ab55c5_PNGimage.thumb.png.7353ef38c2d0d241a1badd20cf8fef8a.png

Seen these comments floating about on Twitter a lot the past day or two. They’re  from, I think, Barry Robson? Safe to say it’s not been going down too well...

Hopefully just a bit of a slip of the tongue but shitebag comments all the same.

His ultimate boss wants to see "a strong Rangers" because "we need that for Scottish Football"

His immediate boss patently plays 'the name not the game'

Third is, consciously or unconsciously, the limit of our ambition.

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Wonder if you lot will be back in for Pittman again? Refused to pay 200k in January and offered 175k apparently. Signed a new deal (3 new deals in 1 year :D) so we'd probably be looking for more

Quite possible that there will still be an interest but transfer fee offered likely be around those figures only. So unless he put a release clause in the new contract its a non starter

Is he a player you think would do well at Dons? What sort of midfielder is he?

2 hours ago, d31 said:

Quite possible that there will still be an interest but transfer fee offered likely be around those figures only. So unless he put a release clause in the new contract its a non starter

Won’t happen his girlfriend not long ago had there 1st child  and he only stays 10 mins from  Livingstons ground  and he doesn’t want to upsticks  the now 

2 hours ago, d31 said:

As Sheep77 says, unlikely the move will happen. Seems really settled with his dad in the setup too.

He's a midfield engine basically, never saw a player do so much running. Constantly manages to win the ball back and harasses players all the time. Always seems to find a late run into the box and contributes a fair amount of goals. Good passing range and a bit of skill about him too. He's played about 170 games since joining in 2015 too so always present in the team

5 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

Won’t happen his girlfriend not long ago had there 1st child  and he only stays 10 mins from  Livingstons ground  and he doesn’t want to upsticks  the now 

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

As Sheep77 says, unlikely the move will happen. Seems really settled with his dad in the setup too.

He's a midfield engine basically, never saw a player do so much running. Constantly manages to win the ball back and harasses players all the time. Always seems to find a late run into the box and contributes a fair amount of goals. Good passing range and a bit of skill about him too. He's played about 170 games since joining in 2015 too so always present in the team

So £175k?...

Guest Bob Mahelp

I see that Dylan McGeough is making noises about moving from Sunderland.

Given that we hung everything on getting him last summer, it's not unreasonable to suggest that we'll be sniffing around him again. 

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Joel Lynch.

Another player who has spent a considerable amount of time on the treatment table.

Wouldn't have thought there is much mileage in this one, surely best days behind him and coiming up on thirty two.

Regarding his injuries were they not predominantly in early years of his career. appears to have played 90 odd games in last three seasons

Dylan McGeoch is textbook McInnes. Player who was good in Scotland a wee while ago, we’ve been in for before and got KB’d, has gone to a bigger club but failed.

He was a super player at Hibs so I’d be a fan of the signing, but he’s very injury prone and there’s every chance he could do a Stevie May/Greg Stewart and flop.

27 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Dylan McGeoch is textbook McInnes. Player who was good in Scotland a wee while ago, we’ve been in for before and got KB’d, has gone to a bigger club but failed.

He was a super player at Hibs so I’d be a fan of the signing, but he’s very injury prone and there’s every chance he could do a Stevie May/Greg Stewart and flop.

Let's not sign anyone then as there's every chance any player could flop.

Agreed on the injuries though.