The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

18 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Got a little update. 

Celtic are after both Mckenna and Ferguson for a total of 4 million. Aberdeen hope to sign Hayes and Leigh.

Chinese whispers , min. Probably down to Lennon’s thick Norn Iron accent.

What he actually said to McInnes was “Hey Dahrek, hah-bout four million for Ferguson. Plus Scahtty, as wail”

So  , the offer is four million plus Scott Brown for Lewis Ferguson.

I quite like Derek Ferguson on Sportsound tbh, doesn’t come across as the typical staunch/bigot type that you get from his generation.

He let himself down when discussing the “Orange Day” cup final a few months back though.

8 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I was also told by another players old man that he celebrated Bruce Andersons last minute equaliser against the **** in our opening game of the 18/19 season like he had been a Dons fan all his life.

Pretty sure he is the fella in the cap in this photo

Reaction to Aberdeen's dramatic late win over Hearts - Live - BBC ...

Edited by RussellAnderson

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah he was. Was in knots the first time I saw that.

He said in an interview after (I think it was Open Goal so weegie OF shite) that he thought it was Lewis who had scored, hence why he went mental.

I don't believe him, reckon he was just saving face in front of his Rangers pals.

That was one of my favourite moments of last season, that and maybe Rugby Park in the cup.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He said in an interview after (I think it was Open Goal so weegie OF shite) that he thought it was Lewis who had scored, hence why he went mental.

I don't believe him, reckon he was just saving face in front of his Rangers pals.

That was one of my favourite moments of last season, that and maybe Rugby Park in the cup.

The noise was unreal when that went in.

Based on another players father telling me his reaction to a last minute equaliser against Rangers then I don't believe it either, ha.

On 05/06/2020 at 08:58, Dons_1988 said:

image.png.ba05aa7231f06c89771f3f58f6c5e587.png

I'm predicting quite a bit of activity this summer:

McKenna will be sold (5 million). He's been wanting out for the last 3 windows. Tommy Hoban OR potentially Craig Halkett. 

Jonny Hayes and Cerny to sign 2 year deals and Greg Leigh (free transfer) to sign a 3 year deal.

Cosgrove to Stoke for 3 million with Ross Stewart signing for 250k from Ross County.

Ferguson to be sold next summer.

30 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

McKenna will be sold (5 million). He's been wanting out for the last 3 windows. Tommy Hoban OR potentially Craig Halkett. 

Jonny Hayes and Cerny to sign 2 year deals and Greg Leigh (free transfer) to sign a 3 year deal.

Cosgrove to Stoke for 3 million with Ross Stewart signing for 250k from Ross County.

You were around last year with total bullshit predictions. 

1 hour ago, scotfree said:

You were around last year with total bullshit predictions. 

I've just signed up? That was my first post ever on P&B. I think your confusing me with someone else. Also it was just a prediction not an ITK.

Is everyone greeted in such a manner?!

Edited by HarleyQuinn

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Your predictions may not be that far off the mark to be fair. Would think at least 1 more would leave though if Hayes came in. 

Tell you what, right at this place in time, if we could get £8 million for McKenna & Cosgrove I'd deal and take the cash.

Hayes is a fairly distinct possibility and would imagine he'd want a two rather than one year deal.

Can't see Cerny getting anything other than a further one year offer.

Not that sold on the boy Stewart to be honest

36 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Tell you what, right at this place in time, if we could get £8 million for McKenna & Cosgrove I'd deal and take the cash.

Hayes is a fairly distinct possibility and would imagine he'd want a two rather than one year deal.

I can't see us getting 8mil for those two but you're right, that would be great business.

Cerny is an excellent back up keeper and if hes happy as a number 2 then it would be good to get him signed for 2 or more years.

I'd love to see tommie hoban back, a class act who would be nowhere near us if he didn't have injury problems. If he can stay fit he'd be an excellent addition.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

giphy.gif.66c1a644ff3ddb476bae17032e976b99.gif

Some reality needed on the Hoban chat, I think. He did look good on the rare occasions he managed to get on the pitch without breaking down, but that was a very small sample size and he certainly isn't the answer to replace a first name on the teamsheet like McKenna. He is made of glass and, at 26 years old, I'm not sure if he's even reached 100 competitive senior appearances his entire career to date. He has also just missed the best part of two seasons of football and there is no telling how - or even if - he will manage to recover from that. 

Edited by DrewDon

19 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

I agree on Stewart though he definitely fits the ‘McInnes profile’ in terms of strikers he likes. 

I’d love to see Hayes back as well though with slight fears he wouldn’t be the player that left us. Think he would still be a great option to have though whether he’d be worth the outlay given the present financial climate is another story.

I agree with what others have said about Hoban as well. If he could stay fit he’d be a great player to have. However, I think his career to this point has shown he can’t stay fit, and with one injury prone CB on the books already in Devlin I don’t think we need to be adding another to the mix.

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

I agree on Stewart though he definitely fits the ‘McInnes profile’ in terms of strikers he likes. 

I’d love to see Hayes back as well though with slight fears he wouldn’t be the player that left us. Think he would still be a great option to have though whether he’d be worth the outlay given the present financial climate is another story.

I agree with what others have said about Hoban as well. If he could stay fit he’d be a great player to have. However, I think his career to this point has shown he can’t stay fit, and with one injury prone CB on the books already in Devlin I don’t think we need to be adding another to the mix.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ross-stewart-hibs-aberdeen-transfer-21380751

Aberdeen were after Ross Stewart in January. McInnes is a big fan of him. Similar age and style of play to Cosgrove. He has as a decent goal/assist ratio at Ross County. Was most likely being lined up as Cosgrove's replacement in January.

Having read Cormack's and McInnes' comments in the paper this week, I think we'll have no option but to sell Cosgrove (2.5 million), McKenna (4 million) and Ferguson (3 million) which would cover the 9 million we are forecasted to lose between now and January.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at Halkett or Hoban as a replacement for McKenna. Ross Stewart or Boyce (we tried to sign him in January) as Cosgrove's replacement. Signing Hayes and Greg Leigh with Cerny signing on and sticking with Mcgeough, Ojo, Campbell and Bryson in the middle. We could survive without replacing Ferguson. Scott Wright, Niall McGinn and Hedges as attacking mids.

Edited by Vancouver_Don

18 minutes ago, Vancouver_Don said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/ross-stewart-hibs-aberdeen-transfer-21380751

Aberdeen were after Ross Stewart in January. McInnes is a big fan of him. Similar age and style of play to Cosgrove. He has as a decent goal/assist ratio at Ross County. Was most likely being lined up as Cosgrove's replacement in January.

Having read Cormack's and McInnes' comments in the paper this week, I think we'll have no option but to sell Cosgrove (2.5 million), McKenna (4 million) and Ferguson (3 million) which would cover the 9 million we are forecasted to lose between now and January.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at Halkett or Hoban as a replacement for McKenna. Ross Stewart or Boyce (we tried to sign him in January) as Cosgrove's replacement. Signing Hayes and Greg Leigh with Cerny signing on and sticking with Mcgeough, Ojo, Campbell and Bryson in the middle. We could survive without replacing Ferguson. Scott Wright, Niall McGinn and Hedges as attacking mids.

I think with that midfield we would miss Ferguson more than you think, he’s the only one to offer that bit of drive and grunt that Shinnie has provided in the past (I remain unconvinced on Bryson given what we’ve seen so far). I’d be disappointed if we sold Ferguson this year given he has the highest ceiling of anyone at the club, though I suspect we will see 2 of the 3 mentioned go.

I’d prefer to sign Halkett to Hoban (given Halkett can play over 10 games a season). Though I don’t think the financial situation is perhaps *quite* as severe as it’s being made out to be, I still expect we won’t be looking at paying a fee for anyone this season. This may rule out Halkett, but likely rules out Boyce - though Hearts may be looking to offload, presumably hefty, premiership wages once they’re finally down in the championship.

I also thought Wright was out of contract, but it appears he still has a year left. The season shutdown has probably come at a good time for him in the sense that nobody else has played since March so he won’t be dramatically behind anyone in terms of match sharpness or fitness. I know this has been said about him for the past 2/3 seasons but it’s definitely one for him to step up.

There isn't a hope in hell we get a combined 8 million for cosgrove and mckenna. I would be immensely surpised if we made more than 5 million between them. 

I imagine Hayes might have an english championship market, if so he will be there for a couple of years I reckon. Whats the crack with Stephen O'Donnell? Is he going to Dundee United as surely he would be worth picking up? Seen Gogic is out of contract from Accies as well, wouldn't be the worst player to have around. Trying to think of a feasible striker target if Cosgrove leaves. If Mckenna goes, I just had a browse at players out of contract this summer, Joe Shaughnessy seems to be, wouldn't be horrific.

Also saw Chris Maguire out of contract, that would be a laugh as inconceivable as it is. 

The Bryson contract looking worse and worse, I don't want Hoban to clog up wages doing similar.