The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I like how Vancouver Don posting a theory, which thus far is unsubstantiated by events, on P&B and another (possibly the same for all I know) person doing it on AbMad has Bogbrush totally convinced that it's a conspiracy by AFC to sell season tickets. That's some top level tin foil hattery. 

FWIW I bought my ST, fully in the know that there is a good chance I won't get to Pittodrie this year while hoping that I will get in (wherever I will be allowed to sit) sooner than that. I think the club has been pretty open and honest, though admittedly the use of the word "guarantee" in that email is a bit misguided imo. Hardly a con attempt though imo, and I think they must be confident they can maintain appropriate social distancing with 7500 fans before they advertise it.

10 minutes ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

I like how Vancouver Don posting a theory, which thus far is unsubstantiated by events, on P&B and another (possibly the same for all I know) person doing it on AbMad has Bogbrush totally convinced that it's a conspiracy by AFC to sell season tickets. That's some top level tin foil hattery. 

It is and it's also untrue. I questioned if MainStandMoan could be posting at the behest of the club and if that's the case, could be providing positive news to counteract the negative Cosgrove news. 

I don't think it's far fetched to imagine that AFC has somebody monitoring online forums and social media. I'd be disappointed if they didn't... 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

11 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It is and it's also untrue. I questioned if MainStandMoan could be posting at the behest of the club and if that's the case, could be providing positive news to counteract the negative Cosgrove news. 

I don't think it's far fetched to imagine that AFC has somebody monitoring online forums and social media. I'd be disappointed if they didn't... 

There's a huge difference between monitoring forums and social media and actively spreading nonsense stuff as PR to try and deflect from a bid for a player being accepted. One is doing your job, the other is conspiracy theory through some severe cynicism. I got the username wrong but what you're suggesting amounts to effectively the same. Believe what you want, I just think that notion is utter piffle. Just one man's opinion.

3 minutes ago, Captain_Imra7 said:

There's a huge difference between monitoring forums and social media and actively spreading nonsense stuff as PR to try and deflect from a bid for a player being accepted. One is doing your job, the other is conspiracy theory through some severe cynicism. I got the username wrong but what you're suggesting amounts to effectively the same. Believe what you want, I just think that notion is utter piffle. Just one man's opinion.

But that's the way it's always worked Captain. Clubs use to spread disinformation through favoured journalists when print media was relevant.

That's not conspiracy theory, that's how the world works.

Remember Bob Paisley using the press to laud Gordon Strachan before the European Cup match. That was Paisley and Liverpool using the media to spread disinformation.

10 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

But that's the way it's always worked Captain. Clubs use to spread disinformation through favoured journalists when print media was relevant.

That's not conspiracy theory, that's how the world works.

Remember Bob Paisley using the press to laud Gordon Strachan before the European Cup match. That was Paisley and Liverpool using the media to spread disinformation.

Are you saying Strachan didn't deserve praise? 

There's a fairly clear line between mind games and fraud

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The club should clarify clearly that purchasing a season ticket for 2020/21 guarantees sweet F.A. But they don't, they're guaranteeing access for the first 7,500 fans in a partial crowd game.

Where do they guarantee that?

Screenshot_20200717-194129_Chrome.thumb.jpg.670f96b36953da3b6d106fe1173cf884.jpg

Thats the information on their website when you go in to buy a season ticket. No mention of this 7500 guaranteed fans bit, that's simply the amount they claim to have already sold.

St Johnstone have said the exact same. When crowd restrictions are lifted then it'll be a "first come, first served" basis, the amount depends on to what level the crowd restrictions are lifted.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, coprolite said:

Are you saying Strachan didn't deserve praise? 

There's a fairly clear line between mind games and fraud

Well you've answered your own question their Coprolite because although Strachan was a good player, Paisley getting inside Strachan's head was exactly the game.

I don't think you could call putting out a positive story about looking at an international player fraud though? I'm perhaps misunderstanding, why do you call it fraud?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where do they guarantee that?

Screenshot_20200717-194129_Chrome.thumb.jpg.670f96b36953da3b6d106fe1173cf884.jpg

Thats the information on their website when you go in to buy a season ticket. No mention of this 7500 guaranteed fans bit, that's simply the amount they claim to have already sold.

St Johnstone have said the exact same. When crowd restrictions are lifted then it'll be a "first come, first served" basis, the amount depends on to what level the crowd restrictions are lifted.

Capture.PNG

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Who knows what dark deeds this announcement is actually supposed to be a cover up of though.

That must have cost a couple of bob to get those veteran broadcasters on board. They must be burning through that season ticket money...

13 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Well you've answered your own question their Coprolite because although Strachan was a good player, Paisley getting inside Strachan's head was exactly the game.

I don't think you could call putting out a positive story about looking at an international player fraud though? I'm perhaps misunderstanding, why do you call it fraud?

Misrepresentation for benefit. If it is untrue of course, which is what i thought you were implying. 

23 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Misrepresentation for benefit. If it is untrue of course, which is what i thought you were implying. 

Well I personally don't have any issues with the club using the media for their own ends. I think it would negligent not to, because, for example, Traynor has been doing it for years at Sevco.

Now, if this poster from AbMad isn't using the forum under the club's instruction then they could be very destructive for our transfer dealings. If we are looking at Jordan Rhodes, for example, then they have  just given the heads up to other clubs who look at similar players in our price range.

The number of international strikers, probably Scottish, that we could afford would be few and far between so easy to identify for other clubs and might have them chasing him and make the deal unaffordable. But this poster has been giving little snippets of info for years. He's never been rooted out.

Which makes me think the club know about it. And if the club know about it, then they won't want to reveal they're chasing an international striker for the reason given above.

So either the poster is correct and we're after the player and the club don't know who the leak is or the club know about the poster because it's part of his remit and this is disinformation probably or possibly to distract from our seemingly quick acceptance of the offer from the French outfit for Cosgrove and his impending departure to England.

But I don't think any of that is fraud. That's just the way things work in football.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

37 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Well I personally don't have any issues with the club using the media for their own ends. I think it would negligent not to, because, for example, Traynor has been doing it for years at Sevco.

Now, if this poster from AbMad isn't using the forum under the club's instruction then they could be very destructive for our transfer dealings. If we are looking at Jordan Rhodes, for example, then they have  just given the heads up to other clubs who look at similar players in our price range.

The number of international strikers, probably Scottish, that we could afford would be few and far between so easy to identify for other clubs and might have them chasing him and make the deal unaffordable. But this poster has been giving little snippets of info for years. He's never been rooted out.

Which makes me think the club know about it. And if the club know about it, then they won't want to reveal they're chasing an international striker for the reason given above.

So either the poster is correct and we're after the player and the club don't know who the leak is or the club know about the poster because it's part of his remit and this is disinformation probably or possibly to distract from our seemingly quick acceptance of the offer from the French outfit for Cosgrove and his impending departure to England.

But I don't think any of that is fraud. That's just the way things work in football.

So you reckon that this person on AbMad is deliberately spreading nonsense rumours at the behest of the club, primarily to quiet discontent amongst the fan base regarding the bid being accepted for Cosgrove, do I have that right?

If I do, then I would suggest that the only reason the club would do that (i.e lie to keep fans happy right now) would be to try and mitigate against damage to season ticket sales. Ergo you are saying that the club is surreptitiously lying to some parts of the fanbase via an internet forum to try and encourage them to buy season tickets (or other merchandise). That is more or less defrauding the fan base out if money, which is nothing like the same as spreading nonsense in the press to get inside opposition player's / manager's heads as per your Paisley and Strachan example.

I accept that this is possible, anything is possible, but I think it is far more likely that transfer rumours on fan forums are spread by people who have put 2 + 2 together to get 5 and want to get a conversation going online rather than the club trying to distract from a bid being accepted. Not sure about AbMad as I gave up on that site a few years ago, but most on here seemed accepting enough of the value we agreed with Guingamp so I'm not sure what fire the club would even want to try and fight by spreading false rumours online.

As I say, believe what you want and go about your day, it does zero harm to me. It's clear neither I nor anyone else is going to change your mind on this one.

Edited by Captain_Imra7

My take on the guaranteed access is that it is referring to entitlement to watch via RedTV all home league games which are played  either behind closed doors or with a partial crowd.  If it was entitlement to get into Pittodrie as a spectator in a partial crowd I think they’d have mentioned “guaranteed entry” or something like that.

When it was announced several weeks ago that Sky had agreed to allow season ticket holders to watch home games  in the 20/21 season  , I think it was stated that it would be limited for each club to the number of season tickets they’d sold in the 19/20 season. Which is  , I think , the significance of the 7,500 figure if that’s the number of season tickets we sold  for 19/20. 

1 hour ago, A96 said:

My take on the guaranteed access is that it is referring to entitlement to watch via RedTV all home league games which are played  either behind closed doors or with a partial crowd.  If it was entitlement to get into Pittodrie as a spectator in a partial crowd I think they’d have mentioned “guaranteed entry” or something like that.

When it was announced several weeks ago that Sky had agreed to allow season ticket holders to watch home games  in the 20/21 season  , I think it was stated that it would be limited for each club to the number of season tickets they’d sold in the 19/20 season. Which is  , I think , the significance of the 7,500 figure if that’s the number of season tickets we sold  for 19/20. 

"7,500 Initial Capacity at Pittodrie for partial crowds"...

Capture2.PNG