The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

32 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Can I ask where you're from? 

Sure, I’m from Livingston.

31 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Why would he need a favour from Dyche? 

Surely he could turn up to Rangers as a Celtic fan, making a decision for his career, and be welcomed by the level headed Ibrox support, as they understand why he's playing for them? 

I don’t think he needed the favour, he’d have been accepted regardless, but it certainly appealed to the fan base immediately and he was off to a flying start.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

Sure, I’m from Livingston.

I don’t think he needed the favour, he’d have been accepted regardless, but it certainly appealed to the fan base immediately and he was off to a flying start.

Surely the fact you're support seem to somehow always know who was a Celtic fan as a kid and talk about it means it IS an issue to most of your support? 

Im sure you support the 2nd version of an original team who didnt sign a catholic until 1989 due to club policy. How with a straight face any of you can say you would accept any players regardless i have no idea.

6 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Surely the fact you're support seem to somehow always know who was a Celtic fan as a kid and talk about it means it IS an issue to most of your support? 

Im sure you support the 2nd version of an original team who didnt sign a catholic until 1989 due to club policy. How with a straight face any of you can say you would accept any players regardless i have no idea.

I can say they’d be accepted regardless because there are plenty of players in our squad that are Catholic and are accepted. The proof is in the pudding.

Take Morelos for example. Fan favourite, idolised by the support, universally loved by everyone associated with Rangers - he’s a Catholic. It would be the exact same if we signed a boyhood Celtic fan (like Arfield) for example. I can say they will be accepted because it is already happening. 

52 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

A Gothenburg Great and that will never be taken away from his legacy but he acted like a twat that day when Durrant was injured. He wound up Simmy and, in my opinion, I think Simmy made a wrong spy when he went in for the challenge.

When he played with us he displayed controlled aggression but that day Souness must've gave him orders to intimidate and it was a different Cooper than we'd seen at Aberdeen.

Cooper put that rag over his shoulders and I would've been amazed if there was anyone in the home support had a good word to say about him, and the goal celebrations left a bad taste too.

But Cooper had earned his right to be forgiven for that day and for joining them if not, by me at least, forgotten...

Cooper was out with Charlie Nicholas in Cafe Ici that night, obviously not concerned about any retribution.

He did display channelled aggression normally but a lot of the time for AFC, he was a total bam and we loved him for it. But THAT day, he gestured to the Main stand when he scored, and all in all, was a total Cnut.

But he redeemed himself in the end, and I guess the fact that he didn’t move directly to Sevco made a difference 

RIP Tattie.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

A Gothenburg Great and that will never be taken away from his legacy but he acted like a twat that day when Durrant was injured. He wound up Simmy and, in my opinion, I think Simmy made a wrong spy when he went in for the challenge.

When he played with us he displayed controlled aggression but that day Souness must've gave him orders to intimidate and it was a different Cooper than we'd seen at Aberdeen.

Cooper put that rag over his shoulders and I would've been amazed if there was anyone in the home support had a good word to say about him, and the goal celebrations left a bad taste too.

But Cooper had earned his right to be forgiven for that day and for joining them if not, by me at least, forgotten...

I remember him saying later that he really regretted his behaviour that day and I'm sure he apologised for it.

I think the fact that he was a Gothenburg great, the fact that he didn't go directly from the Dons to Rangers, and the fact that injury meant that he played very few games for them, all redeemed him in the eyes of Aberdeen fans. 

Nobody ever remembers him in a Rangers shirt, aside from that day. 

40 minutes ago, AJF said:

I can say they’d be accepted regardless because there are plenty of players in our squad that are Catholic and are accepted. The proof is in the pudding.

Take Morelos for example. Fan favourite, idolised by the support, universally loved by everyone associated with Rangers - he’s a Catholic. It would be the exact same if we signed a boyhood Celtic fan (like Arfield) for example. I can say they will be accepted because it is already happening. 

You think you dont have a sizeable chunk of your fans who are massively anti catholic? Im sure i heard 50 000 people singing things to that effect ..hmm ... EVERY week you played at home.

I remember when Mcinnes rejected you twitter and Rangers forums were filled with posts regarding Tony Docherty and his "*****" status . Do you deny that? 

Also the fact you know as a support which players are or were Celtic fans at any point in their life is both unhealthy and suggests a large chunk of your support truly care a lot about backgrounds.

11 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

You think you dont have a sizeable chunk of your fans who are massively anti catholic? Im sure i heard 50 000 people singing things to that effect ..hmm ... EVERY week you played at home.

I remember when Mcinnes rejected you twitter and Rangers forums were filled with posts regarding Tony Docherty and his "*****" status . Do you deny that? 

Also the fact you know as a support which players are or were Celtic fans at any point in their life is both unhealthy and suggests a large chunk of your support truly care a lot about backgrounds.

I’m not denying any of that, but it doesn’t disprove that Catholics or Celtic fans currently at the club are accepted.

And as far as Arfield, it’s not an “unhealthy” knowledge of his boyhood allegiances, I only know because he also comes from Livingston and we are of a similar age.

25 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Haha, for once I was very late to both this and the official Ojo confirmation. I’m off my game today.

I won't believe until it's confirmed by our Canadian correspondent, tbqhwy