The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If I am to be critical of anything from Dave Cormack’s Q&A last night, it was something that he didn’t say rather than something he did say. Unless I missed it, there was no thanks to Derek McInnes for his work for the club over the last 7/8 years and the fact that he pulled the club up by its bootlaces from the depths of almost perma bottom six. That would have been a good touch.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If I am to be critical of anything from Dave Cormack’s Q&A last night, it was something that he didn’t say rather than something he did say. Unless I missed it, there was no thanks to Derek McInnes for his work for the club over the last 7/8 years and the fact that he pulled the club up by its bootlaces from the depths of almost perma bottom six. That would have been a good touch.

Tbf he did cover that in the new manager announcement he did previously.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you think I'm going to waste a couple of my hours watching to an interview with an Aberdeen chairman, just so I can mock you for something, then you're absolutely fucking correct.

I shall comment at the weekend.

56 minutes. Good luck in finding some material from it. I’m sure you will though, somehow.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As previously stated, it was, is and always will be a buttery. Anyway, it’s always been one of my favourite foods and my preference is for a flat, well fired delicacy, but I’m not precious about it and will accept most buttery varieties. Living in Montrose, it’s difficult to get a flat well fired buttery. Where I’m leading to is that the butteries produced locally by Frosts bakers are usually almost a roll, and these can easily be split. However I would never put bacon, or anything hot, in it. I’ve had two this morning with ham.

I've never had a Montrose buttery, but they sound quite intriguing, combining the taste of an Aberdeen rowie and the versatility of a roll I'd imagine? 

Used to be able to get Aberdeen rowies at an ASDA near me, but haven't had one since the last time I was up to see friends and family. 

My preference would always be butter and cheese. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Those bready ones are a waste of time. The solid ones that are about 50% fat are the real deal. 

Absolutely, Aitkens all the way. Greatest travesty of our times that they shut down. Apparently there were 5 different types of fat in them. Glorious.

1 hour ago, Golden Gordon said:

I've never had a Montrose buttery, but they sound quite intriguing, combining the taste of an Aberdeen rowie and the versatility of a roll I'd imagine? 

Used to be able to get Aberdeen rowies at an ASDA near me, but haven't had one since the last time I was up to see friends and family. 

My preference would always be butter and cheese. 

I would agree that the ideal would be a flat, well fired, crispy buttery with butter and cheese. We had ham to use today, so went with that.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Absolutely, Aitkens all the way. Greatest travesty of our times that they shut down. Apparently there were 5 different types of fat in them. Glorious.

The peado rowies were the best there was and the best there ever will be. RIP

2 hours ago, d31 said:

The peado rowies were the best there was and the best there ever will be. RIP

Ooft. I never knew about that. He should have been forced to give up his business to a non-paedo for the good of the nation.