The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Have to agree with Bob.

Considine, McGinn, Hayes, McLennan, Kennedy and the 3 loan strikers not cutting it.

Undecided on Hoban as well.

Campbell get a season on loan at a full time club to see if he can improve, possibly McClennan as well.

The team is so static when in possession and have been all season. Garner mentioned a few times last night about no movement ahead, so no alternative but to play side ways or backwards.

Connor McLennan must surely be made to look at Boyle and see what a fast heid-down player with little technical ability can actually become.

Nisbet never seems to do anything against us, but has clearly been an astute signing.  I recall us being linked with Doidge when he was at Forest Green, and he landed up at Hibs a year or so later, following a move to financially-hamstrung Bolton.

Agree in most of what's been said - a lot of new players having to fit into a new playing philosophy could be a recipe for a really tough season.  Out of the loan players, the one I'd still like to take a punt on is Hornby.  Full pre-season and working with Allan Russell - there must be a player in there given he's coming from the EPL and Ligue 1.

The days of us managing out 1-0 wins like Hibs were able to do last night may not ending up feeling so 'turgid' as a lot of our fans seem to want to label them.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Connor McLennan must surely be made to look at Boyle and see what a fast heid-down player with little technical ability can actually become.

Nisbet never seems to do anything against us, but has clearly been an astute signing.  I recall us being linked with Doidge when he was at Forest Green, and he landed up at Hibs a year or so later, following a move to financially-hamstrung Bolton.

Agree in most of what's been said - a lot of new players having to fit into a new playing philosophy could be a recipe for a really tough season.  Out of the loan players, the one I'd still like to take a punt on is Hornby.  Full pre-season and working with Allan Russell - there must be a player in there given he's coming from the EPL and Ligue 1.

The days of us managing out 1-0 wins like Hibs were able to do last night may not ending up feeling so 'turgid' as a lot of our fans seem to want to label them.

We were interested in Doidge but he ended up choosing Bolton instead. He got severely fucked about there. We had our eggs in the Cosgrove basket by that point.

Turgid football is still turgid football though. Shithousing a win every so often is satisfying. Having to watch it every week, not so much.

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

IIRC, Hibs fans were getting stuck into Doidge a year ago because he couldn't hit a coo's arse with a banjo. Most of them wanted rid of him. Boyle as well is not an outstanding player, but has had the best season of a (fairly average) career. 

They have some decent players, especially up front, but have benefited hugely from a season where they've pretty much had no disruption at all to the strongest XI (at least compared with Aberdeen). 

It's obvious that at this moment Hibs are a better team than us, but I doubt if they'll be as fortunate next season to have so few disruptions to their side. 

1362085742_Screenshot2020-12-07at08_49_39.png.a8eddec94f720c66a7b1d7b5e8ac83d5.png

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Martin Boyle is such a limited footballer but he's got raw attributes that will always give you a chance in Scottish football. He's ridiculously quick. If I was Hibs I'd be looking to cash in soon because when the pace goes they'll have a less talented version of the Jonny Hayes we've got.

GIF by MOODMAN

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

f**k Edinburgh

GIF by Apple TV

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I can almost taste those salty North East tears from here..........................

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

1362085742_Screenshot2020-12-07at08_49_39.png.a8eddec94f720c66a7b1d7b5e8ac83d5.png

GIF by MOODMAN

GIF by Apple TV

Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I can almost taste those salty North East tears from here..........................

With all respect bud, this is the part of the forum where Aberdeen fans discuss all things Aberdeen, for good and for bad. Some of that will involve comparing other sides to our own. 

Normally you're a decent poster but you're making yourself look like a bit of a t1t. If you have nothing to contribute then maybe you should f**k off to the match thread and post yer wee boy gifs in there. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Leith Green said:

I will accept your praise and retreat.........................

No problem with you ripping the pish in the match thread. 

I tend to look upon the 'club threads' as the domain of each teams supporters.....normally where people of a like mind come together to moan like f**k about the shite team they support. 

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

🤣

Screenshot_20210513-151535.png

Absolutely mental 

Some McInnes fanboys cannot fucking wait for us to go tits up under Stephen Glass

Maybe clubs like Chelsea have the right idea sacking managers every 5 minutes, saves the fan base getting too attached 

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

No problem with you ripping the pish in the match thread. 

I tend to look upon the 'club threads' as the domain of each teams supporters.....normally where people of a like mind come together to moan like f**k about the shite team they support. 

If I was a Hibee I’d be mortified at the club’s celebrations on social media at finishing third

Wonderfully tinpot 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If I was a Hibee I’d be mortified at the club’s celebrations on social media at finishing third

Wonderfully tinpot 

It does seem a bit over the top, given that we've hardly won a game since November and they only sealed 3rd place last night, and that Motherwell and Killie have done it recently (and embarrassed themselves big time in Europe). 

3rd is no big deal.