The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Aberdeen are in a shit financial position and desperate for money. They just had to stop building their new stadium cause they don't have the money to do it. They now have to raise fifty million for it.

On what planet is that "a strong financial position"?  And why on earth would any club pay more for Ferguson than McGinn, Turnbull and McKenna went for?

See what I mean about delusional. Ridiculous.

They don’t have any debt is a pretty strong position. They lost 200k last season after the shitstorm that was covid. Speaking absolute bollocks saying they are in a shit financial position. 

UK youth are at a premium now too with the work permit problems since brexit. Why would any club accept the first offer? The only person here that is deluded is you thinking Ferguson isn’t worth more than 2m. We can have a laugh about that once he’s sold for more than that. 

Edited by BrendanGalloway

2 minutes ago, BrendanGalloway said:

They don’t have any debt is a pretty strong position. They lost 200k last season after the shitstorm that was covid. Speaking absolute bollocks saying they are in a shit financial position. 

UK youth are at a premium now too with the work permit problems since brexit. Why would any club accept the first offer? The only person here that is deluded is you thinking Ferguson isn’t worth more than 2m. We can have a laugh about that once he’s sold for more than that. 

Being fifty million short of the fifty million required to build a stadium is not in a strong position.

Again, try to read what you're replying to. Twice I have said they shouldn't accept the first offer, nobody ever does, and not once have I made any comments relating to accepting or not accepting any offer.

I commented in relation to describing a fair, serious and realistic opening offer as "insulting". Once more, you need to read what you're replying to before flying off the handle.

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

@HalfCutNinja

Because of insurance, and such like, Aberdeen lost around 200K throughout COVID. 

We aren't in as bad a financial situation as most other Scottish teams, also down to the fact we've raised 5million + in player sales this past season. 

You're coming across as a bitter, bitter guy. If United slapped a 5,000,000 price tag on Armstrong/GMS when they were being sold at the time, I would say 'good for them.' 

He's Aberdeen's player, we have our valuation, they have theirs. 

That would also have been deluded. You can have whatever valuation you want it means f**k all if nobody is willing to meet it.

What have I got to be bitter about I've not even mentioned Utd it's you lot that keeps bringing them up.

I'm just outraged at the stupidity of the Aberdeen board and how out of touch they are to think two is an"insulting" offer, and highly amused by the delusion of their fans who think you should be asking for five.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

So again, if the offer was 1.2 million, you think Aberdeen should've viewed that as an insult? 

No, slightly low but hardly insulting. 2.2 or something would be a fair price. 1.2 isn't a terrible opening offer with that in mind.

As it happens I've made the same criticism of Utd over Shankland who are in an identical position and also delusional. He would go for 1.8 or something now. They also thought they could get 4-6.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

Shankland has played the bulk of his career in the second tier of Scotland, and scored the bulk of his goals in there. 

Different kettle of fish, mate. 

So what what point are you making. I'm not gauging Ferguson's price in relation to him.

And very similar kettle of fish as it happens.

6 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

So what what point are you making. I'm not gauging Ferguson's price in relation to him.

And very similar kettle of fish as it happens.

Alan Hutton was sold for £9m and was shite. We shouldn't take any less than that. 

12 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

No, slightly low but hardly insulting. 2.2 or something would be a fair price. 1.2 isn't a terrible opening offer with that in mind.

As it happens I've made the same criticism of Utd over Shankland who are in an identical position and also delusional. He would go for 1.8 or something now. They also thought they could get 4-6.

£1.8m for Laurence Shankland 😂

Who's delusional now 😉

In these days of contracts where a bid of £x triggers a release clause, it's interesting to see that Lewis Ferguson has employed a dinosaur of an agent who has run to the papers talking about a "gentleman's agreement".

Still, he's part of the Ibrox camel coat brigade......

16 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

In these days of contracts where a bid of £x triggers a release clause, it's interesting to see that Lewis Ferguson has employed a dinosaur of an agent who has run to the papers talking about a "gentleman's agreement".

Still, he's part of the Ibrox camel coat brigade......

Aye.

Still creasing about other clubs fans telling us how delusional we are demanding x amount.

I saw the figures quoted for Porteous and it's more than I would be paying for him. Can't say my first thoughts on the matter were anything more than "good on Hibs for holding out for what they feel he's worth".

34 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Alan Hutton was sold for £9m and was shite. We shouldn't take any less than that. 

Ollie McBurnie went to Sheffield United for £17.5m. That has to be our benchmark.

Shankland is a bang average Scottish Premiership striker who turns 26 in a couple of months. You'd be lucky to get 7 figures for him.

Lewis Ferguson is a 21yo CM who's physically capable of playing EPL football today, so just needs the rest worked on. 

They aren't even close to comparable situations.