The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

In these days of contracts where a bid of £x triggers a release clause, it's interesting to see that Lewis Ferguson has employed a dinosaur of an agent who has run to the papers talking about a "gentleman's agreement".

Still, he's part of the Ibrox camel coat brigade......

16 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

In these days of contracts where a bid of £x triggers a release clause, it's interesting to see that Lewis Ferguson has employed a dinosaur of an agent who has run to the papers talking about a "gentleman's agreement".

Still, he's part of the Ibrox camel coat brigade......

Aye.

Still creasing about other clubs fans telling us how delusional we are demanding x amount.

I saw the figures quoted for Porteous and it's more than I would be paying for him. Can't say my first thoughts on the matter were anything more than "good on Hibs for holding out for what they feel he's worth".

34 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Alan Hutton was sold for £9m and was shite. We shouldn't take any less than that. 

Ollie McBurnie went to Sheffield United for £17.5m. That has to be our benchmark.

Shankland is a bang average Scottish Premiership striker who turns 26 in a couple of months. You'd be lucky to get 7 figures for him.

Lewis Ferguson is a 21yo CM who's physically capable of playing EPL football today, so just needs the rest worked on. 

They aren't even close to comparable situations.

I can see the merits of Aberdeen releasing a statement to confirm they've rejected his transfer request as it outlines their stance that he will only leave when Aberdeen say so. However, I think there's a reason that these kind of things are not often disclosed by the club officially and it could potentially weaken their bargaining power now that everyone is aware the player wants away. But, that was always going to be the case when Ferguson submitted his transfer request I suppose. 

In terms of valuation, I think Aberdeen were right to reject the offer if it was as low as £1.2M. If he goes for ~£4M or so then that would be about right.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I can see the merits of Aberdeen releasing a statement to confirm they've rejected his transfer request as it outlines their stance that he will only leave when Aberdeen say so. However, I think there's a reason that these kind of things are not often disclosed by the club officially and it could potentially weaken their bargaining power now that everyone is aware the player wants away. But, that was always going to be the case when Ferguson submitted his transfer request I suppose. 

In terms of valuation, I think Aberdeen were right to reject the offer if it was as low as £1.2M. If he goes for ~£4M or so then that would be about right.

Someone else made that point about bargaining power and i meant to disagree earlier.  Anyone who might be interested will speak to his agent and they wouldn't make any secret of him being "unsettled" 

I've put that in speech marks because i'm not convinced that the tranfer request means that. McKenna and Nisbet didn't go in a huff when theirs were rejected. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shankland is a bang average Scottish Premiership striker who turns 26 in a couple of months. You'd be lucky to get 7 figures for him.

Lewis Ferguson is a 21yo CM who's physically capable of playing EPL football today, so just needs the rest worked on. 

They aren't even close to comparable situations.

Lewis Ferguson scored more goals than Shankland this season.

Shankland has scored less than 10 goals in the Scottish Premiership history. 

That would also have been deluded. You can have whatever valuation you want it means f**k all if nobody is willing to meet it.
What have I got to be bitter about I've not even mentioned Utd it's you lot that keeps bringing them up.
I'm just outraged at the stupidity of the Aberdeen board and how out of touch they are to think two is an"insulting" offer, and highly amused by the delusion of their fans who think you should be asking for five.
This guy is not bitter he's just outraged.
You all need to learn to read what your replying to or you will all just look silly.

34 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Someone else made that point about bargaining power and i meant to disagree earlier.  Anyone who might be interested will speak to his agent and they wouldn't make any secret of him being "unsettled" 

I've put that in speech marks because i'm not convinced that the tranfer request means that. McKenna and Nisbet didn't go in a huff when theirs were rejected. 

Aye, I think whatever way it was handled it was always going to cause Aberdeen issues. I just feel that if word of his transfer request was kept away from official channels then there might've been a chance Aberdeen could slightly salvage things more. Even if it was a case of them being able to say they refuse to comment on the matter if it's raised by any potential suitors during negotiations.

I also agree that whatever happens I'd expect Ferguson will still remain focused at Aberdeen until such time a deal is agreed to sell him. I think it's mainly with the elite players that this seems to be a more common issue with (Tevez being the prime example by going AWOL when at City).

Edited by AJF

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I think whatever way it was handled it was always going to cause Aberdeen issues. I just feel that if word of his transfer request was kept away from official channels then there might've been a chance Aberdeen could slightly salvage things more. Even if it was a case of them being able to say they refuse to comment on the matter if it's raised by any potential suitors during negotiations.

I also agree that whatever happens I'd expect Ferguson will still remain focused at Aberdeen until such time a deal is agreed to sell him. I think it's mainly with the elite players that this seems to be a more common issue with (Tevez being the prime example by going AWOL when at City).

The biggest problem with the club staying quite is Ferguson’s tosser of a agent. Maybe they did decide to stay quite but then got tipped off by a paper that a interview with agent would be in paper in the morning/evening. 

There has been many situations like this over the years and I always wonder how much of it is the player and how much is agent. 

Edited by BrendanGalloway

Bill McMurdo, Lewis Ferguson’s agent, saying that Aberdeen went back on a gentleman’s agreement that the club would let him move to the English Premier League if a bid came in. So McMurdo seriously believes that, although not in the written contract, Aberdeen will accept the first sh*tty bid from an English Premier League club and let Lewis walk out the door. Guid ane.