The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If Ferguson doesn't wish to remain here then its best we sell him for a decent fee. I've nothing against the lad and wish him the best going forward. Hopefully we can get 3-4 million for him.

As it happens, I think now is the right time to sell him as it would allow us to rebuild the squad this summer. 

Irvine would be a fantastic replacement.

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'll be sad to see him go, but it's hard to blame him considering a Premiership side wants him. 

He might never get this chance again.

The great thing is that we'll get a decent fee for him. Good business all-round. 

Barring another global economic meltdown , at least the timing of it means his value shouldn't be adversely affected  (for a few months anyway) by getting injured and/or his playing form taking a nose-dive a la McKenna and Cosgrove.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Disappointing. Transfer requests are not received they are slapped in. 

Hopefully we get a decent fee here.  Making a big issue of it in public should help hype his profile. Sensible approach. 

8 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I don't begrudge him wanting to move, it's natural, and probably the right time. Trying to force a move though, especially with an offer as derisory as the one suggested, is a disgrace. If his suitors know there's an unhappy player, it's hardly going to make them bid the asking price, when they know we risk keeping a disgruntled employee beyond the summer, is it?

Bellend. Probably badly advised by his baldy, *** c**t of a dad.

Believe me, his da is more than delighted with his development at Aberdeen. There was no one happier than him when we were beating the ****.

Just now, Illgresi said:

@RandomGuy.

I've got another one for you if you're willing and able. Ferguson this season vs John McGinn 2015/16. Do your stats go back that far?

Ta

Only the past 3 seasons I'm afraid.

8 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

@RandomGuy.

I've got another one for you if you're willing and able. Ferguson this season vs John McGinn 2015/16. Do your stats go back that far?

Ta

No idea what actual stats say but I have always thought that Ferguson and McGinn were both similar in that their game was tailor made for the EPL.

Always made me laugh when people said "aye McGinn, all he does is stick his big arse out" and people who actually watch objectively knew he was a player.

IIRC Ferguson is the most fouled and has made the most fouls this season? All that tells me is he is everywhere and doing everything with huge committment.

Was really unaware of him at Hamilton but he is one player I really like at Aberdeen.

Shame he is leaving, but you will get decent cash and a sellon - and he will be another that Scotland rely on for years to come.

He isn't as good as Ferguson, but McCrorie would probably be the player who would stand to benefit most from Ferguson leaving, especially if Glass is moving forward with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. I don't think there is room for both of them in that system, but Ferguson leaving could sort of create a space for McCrorie to carve out more of a niche for himself in midfield. 

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

I don't begrudge him wanting to move, it's natural, and probably the right time. Trying to force a move though, especially with an offer as derisory as the one suggested, is a disgrace. If his suitors know there's an unhappy player, it's hardly going to make them bid the asking price, when they know we risk keeping a disgruntled employee beyond the summer, is it?

Bellend. Probably badly advised by his baldy, *** c**t of a dad.

"Disgrace"?   Settle down.  It's just normal fitba player stuff.  The club decided to go public with it.  Leave the Mrs Lovejoy melodrama for fans of lesser clubs.  

I think Aberdeen are a bit delusional with valuations, typically enough with fandan foreign owners who see the EPL on TV and think they operate in the same world. Same thing with Dundee Utd and Shankland.

£2m isn't that far off, it certainly isn't "derisory" in a deflated market post Covid and is a reasonable opening gambit. They won't get much more, maybe 3, 4 is dreamland.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

I did wonder what the United fans valued our players at.

Its delusional.

Turnbull went for circa 3, McGinn went for circa 3, McKenna went for circa 3. Nisbett is going to go for circa 3.

Ferguson is not better than any of these players. That's about the right figure for him, 2.5-3.5.

Aberdeen have acted like idiots going public with this and calling it "insulting". They are deluded, and 
Watford might just take their money elsewhere now. Its not like another Lewis Ferguson would be hard to find.

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Apologies in advance (mostly to myself) for posting xG, but I saw this and it sort of amused me but didn't completely surprise me after watching the game. Something to cling to from Saturday's thrashing. 

Nothing wrong with xG in the correct circumstances. This was certainly one of them and really tells the story of the game. We had the better chances but they were far more clinical.