The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Good to see this thug getting at least some justice, but the fact remains that another atrocious refereeing decision has almost certainly cost us points and let cheats prosper.

Ref was following the game and to be fair, most people in the ground didnt really see what had happened - it was only evident from the TV pictures (which were very clear). You could have a case for the West stand linesman seeing it but it was about 40 yards away (and Ramirez does have a very small cock 🤭).

It got dealt with retrospectively which is the correct outcome.

Struggling to see why you are getting your kecks in a twist?  Swings and roundabouts and all that.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Ref was following the game and to be fair, most people in the ground didnt really see what had happened - it was only evident from the TV pictures (which were very clear). You could have a case for the West stand linesman seeing it but it was about 40 yards away (and Ramirez does have a very small cock 🤭).

Struggling to see why you are getting your kecks in a twist?  Swings and roundabouts and all that.

“Swings & roundabouts” aka “these things even themselves out”….

Up there as the bigger cliche & load of shite ever uttered about football.

It’s trotted out glibly by folk who don’t actually know if this is true. 

2 hours ago, Afc69 said:

£4m? Seriously?

£7m plus add ons, THEN we talk 

Unfortunately, given this is his first season playing in the first team and he's only halfway through the league campaign is probably the right value for him. At this stage anyway. 4 million plus add ons is good going imo. Would allow us to possibly entice McGrath to sign for us and sign two other players of that calibre that could really improve the current squad.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

I agree, £4 million + add ons is good business for a player of his age who has just broken through 

If it’s at least that we will be cashing in, as we should 

Absolutely. 

He's going to be a terrific player with a long career in front of him, but it won't be at Pittodrie. 

There's also the strange conundrum that while he's been individually outstanding this season.....especially going forward....it's a fact that we look defensively more vulnerable when he's in the side. 

I think we're a stronger defensive unit with Ojo there, rather than Ramsey, and I'd be happy enough for Ojo to continue doing what he's doing. 

12 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

“Swings & roundabouts” aka “these things even themselves out”….

Up there as the bigger cliche & load of shite ever uttered about football.

It’s trotted out glibly by folk who don’t actually know if this is true whose team got away with something. 

FTFY

16 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The kick was the culmination of an incident in which the two players were practically wrestling in slow motion. "Following the game" isn't a justification for not paying attention to stuff blatantly happening elsewhere.  Real time media commentators immediately spotted that Porteous had got away with something.  This was incompetent officiating pure and simple.

As for the swings and roundabouts comment, that's even worse than the whataboutery I expect from Old Firm bigots.  It's ok for our guy to assault your guy and the referee to miss it because something else might happen that sort of might advantage you sometime maybe that might, you know, sort of even things out.  What bollocks.

1 hour ago, Game of throw-ins said:

The kick was the culmination of an incident in which the two players were practically wrestling in slow motion. "Following the game" isn't a justification for not paying attention to stuff blatantly happening elsewhere.  Real time media commentators immediately spotted that Porteous had got away with something.  This was incompetent officiating pure and simple.

As for the swings and roundabouts comment, that's even worse than the whataboutery I expect from Old Firm bigots.  It's ok for our guy to assault your guy and the referee to miss it because something else might happen that sort of might advantage you sometime maybe that might, you know, sort of even things out.  What bollocks.

Dry your eyes man, have you not worked this forum out yet?

Calm Down Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

21 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Absolutely. 

He's going to be a terrific player with a long career in front of him, but it won't be at Pittodrie. 

There's also the strange conundrum that while he's been individually outstanding this season.....especially going forward....it's a fact that we look defensively more vulnerable when he's in the side. 

I think we're a stronger defensive unit with Ojo there, rather than Ramsey, and I'd be happy enough for Ojo to continue doing what he's doing. 

Think he'll be coverted to a Winger

On 30/12/2021 at 12:07, Bob Mahelp said:

Exactly, I keep reading people saying that Ramsey will be a big loss but I don't know what that is based on. Our results seem to be impacted negatively when he's in the team.

He may well go onto have a glittering career as, perhaps, better coaches work on his game, especially his positional sense. Although, you never know what turns a player's career can take, sometimes positive and sometimes negative so nothing is guaranteed.

IF, we can get £4 million upfront for him and then it would be a great piece of business for us. If he does go on to 100 Scottish caps, Guffball gold medals, and wins the Anglo-Italian-Spanish-German League then supporters might claim that we robbed ourselves. However, that's neither here nor there at this present time, if we can get a good price for him (starting at £4 million) then, I believe, we should take it and wish the boy all the best.

In six months, a big donkey like Porteous might have crocked him and he'll be worthless to us.

Edited by Bogbrush1903