The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Its probably at the stage now where the top Italian sides will be looking at Ferguson?

In terms of attacking CMs hes got to be pretty highly rated across Europe just now, possession stuff maybe lets him down but its not integral for a lot of clubs if youre chipping in with goals.

Just hope he can avoid making the wrong move in his next transfer, but so far he seems to have nailed every move up the ladder.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Would be a huge boost for us if both Ferguson and Ramadani were to be sold next summer for decent fees. 

Miovski will likely be sold next summer especially if he continues on current form. 10 goals in 18 games. Arguably the best striker I've seen play for Aberdeen in the last 25 years. I think we could negotiate a fee of 6 million for him upfront. Maybe even more.

I always thought Duk would be the first to go for big cash.

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Miovski will likely be sold next summer especially if he continues on current form. 10 goals in 18 games. Arguably the best striker I've seen play for Aberdeen in the last 25 years. I think we could negotiate a fee of 6 million for him upfront. Maybe even more.

The most instinctive goalscorer at the club since Arild Stavrum.

When we decide to cash in, it shouldn't be for anything less than £10m + sell-on fee. With the recent success of Hickey, Doig, Ferguson & Ramadani moving to Italy from the SPFL, I imagine a number of clubs in Serie A will be keeping tabs on his exploits.

3 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Will be gutted when the day arrives that Miovski moves on. It does seem inevitable though, possibly even in January. Genuinely feel he can command a fee in the region of 8-10 million. 

It will be gutting, but the identikit of what our recruitment should be about.

Signed for £525k.

Plays well for two years. Scores 40 goals. 

We get £6m-£8m or thereabouts. 
We can bank a good chunk of it & up the ante in maybe spending £750k-£1m on a similar prospect. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It will be gutting, but the identikit of what our recruitment should be about.

Signed for £525k.

Plays well for two years. Scores 40 goals. 

We get £6m-£8m or thereabouts. 
We can bank a good chunk of it & up the ante in maybe spending £750k-£1m on a similar prospect. 

It's a high risk strategy as well as being potentially lucrative. Probably need a one in three hit rate to make it work financially and the misses mean there's a lot of capital tied up for just sitting on the bench. 

On 04/11/2023 at 09:09, betting competition said:

It is magic to see him do well, let's hope they sell him for big money that we get a nice cut.

Trying to remember other Scots who’ve played in Italy; 

Denis Law at Torino

Joe Jordano at Milan and Verona

Graeme Souness at Sampdoria

Aaron Hickey at Bologna

Feel I must be missing some?

Is it Law or Jordan than Ferguson jointly holds the record with?

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Denis Law at Torino

Aaron Hickey at Bologna

Liam Henderson, although he's spent more time in Serie B.

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Denis Law at Torino

Aaron Hickey at Bologna

Denis Law, Joe Jordan, Graeme Souness, Liam Henderson, Aaron Hickey, Jack Hendry, Lewis Ferguson, Josh Doig.

That seems to be the complete list.

Considering we haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders. We have performed well against top teams like PAOK and Frankfurt in Europe. Beat The Rangers at Ibrox 3-1. Reached the League Cup Final and are still in touching distance of third. 

Also special mention to both Nicky Devlin and Jamie McGrath. Both been two of our more consistent players this season and both were signed on a free transfer.

So MacKenzie is suspended for the final.  I suppose we can keep the same formation and play Hayes at LWB, or go four at the back and play Jensen at left-back.  Not sure of any other reasonable option? (notwithstanding possible injuries between now and then)