The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Sorry for you guys today, played really well. You ain't going down. With the team you have, how Aberdeen aren't on top 4 is beyond me...

Tbh, games like today are the ones where we've mostly performed.

We're not good at breaking defences down. 

As much as I love him, I don't think we play as well as we did on the ball in the first half with Shinnie in there. Two sides of the coin though as we're probably not dominated in the second half like we were if he's there either.

20 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Sorry for you guys today, played really well. You ain't going down. With the team you have, how Aberdeen aren't on top 4 is beyond me...

The goalkeeper and defence gave an example of why.

Felt for the Dons also. Often I have said it is less painful to lose heavily to the arsecheeks. I remember when we lost 5-1 to Rangers in a League Semi my friend said are you not gutted. I said no. We were never in the game. If we are going to lose would rather in that fashion than a late late 1-0 or penalties etc. 

Also love the media asking before the game why Rodger’s is so wonderful and has such a good record at Hampden. Nothing to do with the biggest budget in the league by a country mile (exc Rangers). Funnily enough this is rarely mentioned. Celtic winning cups is like shooting fish in a barrel. They literally have one team that can compete with them on an almost level playing field. 

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Felt for the Dons also. Often I have said it is less painful to lose heavily to the arsecheeks. I remember when we lost 5-1 to Rangers in a League Semi my friend said are you not gutted. I said no. We were never in the game. If we are going to lose would rather in that fashion than a late late 1-0 or penalties etc. 

Also love the media asking before the game why Rodger’s is so wonderful and has such a good record at Hampden. Nothing to do with the biggest budget in the league by a country mile (exc Rangers). Funnily enough this is rarely mentioned. Celtic winning cups is like shooting fish in a barrel. They literally have one team that can compete with them on an almost level playing field. 

Exact!

49 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Their fans heading straight for the exits at the full time whistle tells you how mundane it is for them making a cup final.

28 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Well played, you put up a good fight there, got some decent players as well, just unlucky, in hindsight, should've been firing deep crosses in earlier, they couldn't cope with it.

Thank you.

Was that a usual Leven set up/approach, or do you think your new manager had an input?

Really enjoyed watching your game today.

A bit back to the wall stuff in the second half, but at 2 - 1 down I thought you could have nicked the game. Looks like crosses to the back post are the way to go. 

Even though we've potentially benefitted from today's result, I wouldn't have grudged it if you had won.

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Obsessed.

Whats happened to saints fans on here? A sniff of too 6 and they aboot straight to the top of the Premier League of Bell Ends.

Not all of us. I enjoyed that today and it was not surprising that Celtic triumphed due to some questionable  refereeing decisions.

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Obsessed.

Whats happened to saints fans on here? A sniff of too 6 and they aboot straight to the top of the Premier League of Bell Ends.

I'm somewhat perplexed as to why some fans are mystified as to why their teams are getting it tight from our fans on occasion. I fully accept that some of our fans have gone OTT.

However we've spent years narrowly avoiding relegation or actually being relegated and have rightly taken absolute pelters for it.

Now, when the shoe is on the other foot, it seems that the fans who rightly ripped the piss out of us, can't take it when we have a dig at them.

It's the natural order of football forums and maybe some fans need to develop thicker skins and roll with it.

Granted Lex is a clown and you anything but "shat it" today, and but for the width of a post you might be in the final.

I fully expect us to resume "normal service" soon enough and have the piss ripped out of us for having a poor season. Shit happens.