The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 minute ago, Illgresi said:

I've just realised I'm thinking of someone else. A lad that came through at Motherwell and last I heard he'd moved to Morton.

Cadden I seem to recall was mainly pretty quick. I would imagine we'll be looking to bring O'Donnell back.

That’d be his brother Nicky I think. He plays down south now.

Guest Bob Mahelp

The Edinburgh papers are suggesting that he's already signed for Hibs. I'm not sure we're missing out on much if that's the case. 

GMS would be a typical McInnes signing,  similar to when he brought back both McGinn and Hayes. He knows what he'll get with GMS....a very talented player on his day and one who's work rate is really underestimated. Consistency has always been his issue, but I'd be happy to have him back at Pittodrie. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The Edinburgh papers are suggesting that he's already signed for Hibs. I'm not sure we're missing out on much if that's the case. 

GMS would be a typical McInnes signing,  similar to when he brought back both McGinn and Hayes. He knows what he'll get with GMS....a very talented player on his day and one who's work rate is really underestimated. Consistency has always been his issue, but I'd be happy to have him back at Pittodrie. 

Yeah, I'm fine with GMS. We need another option in the final third and he's proven quality on his day. Maybe not the most inspiring but definitely improves the squad.

GMS is potentially a very good signing if we're going to continue with playing the ball on the ground.

In his final season he was brilliant but he didn't help the team if that makes sense? Was miles away from Cosgrove and had to beat his man twice. Slowed down all momentum we had.

13 hours ago, Vancouver_Don said:

Gary Mackay Steven has agreed a 2 and a half year deal with us.

Cadden was on McInnes' radar. The budget wouldn't allow for us to sign both and McInnes felt we needed attacking options at this stage of the season.

I've agreed a two and a half year deal with your mum. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Genuinely amazed there are people who are frustrated with us potentially signing GMS. Unreal player.

He was terrific the last season he played with us. Then he got a brutal tackle from some hacking *** in the cup and that knocked him back.

I'd be delighted to have him back with us. 

The argument from the majority of people against the re-signing of GMS is of a statistical nature. Those have stated he didn't have a great goalscoring/assists record. I just don't buy into it as Hedges is the only player this season that has reasonably good statistics. Wright has shown great promise but I think he's only got 2 goals and 1 assist. Kennedy I don't think has contributed yet. 

Really hope he joins. Would be nice to have him in the squad for Sunday. 

I quite liked GMS, but I remember when he left that most of our fans weren't really that bothered - stuff about him being lightweight, ineffective, inconsistent. The enthusiasm for him now is maybe the opposite of recency bias. For what it's worth, if we are interested, I wouldn't be against him signing, but also wouldn't be getting carried away - and not too bothered if we missed out. 

28 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I quite liked GMS, but I remember when he left that most of our fans weren't really that bothered - stuff about him being lightweight, ineffective, inconsistent. The enthusiasm for him now is maybe the opposite of recency bias. For what it's worth, if we are interested, I wouldn't be against him signing, but also wouldn't be getting carried away - and not too bothered if we missed out. 

This.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Im considerably more excited by us stockpiling wingers than when we decided to stockpile centre mids a while back so Im pro gMS on that count. 

Given our general position in the world, it's hard to find wingers who are both technically good enough and consistent. So I agree. I'd much rather have plenty of options in these creative areas as it gives us a higher chance on any particular day to find 2 or 3 that are on form.

On 02/01/2021 at 21:19, d31 said:

It's fairly safe to say our next manager wont stay 10 years so its a moot point. It's very very rare in football for someone to stay that long so two in a row would be very unlikely

I suppose it would be more common if the said manager was getting paid 17k a week with no pressure and no expectations. Why would McInnes want to leave that set-up?

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Really? 

Expectations to an extent I suppose but the 3rd biggest budget can finish 4th in consecutive seasons and get dumped out of the cup at the first time of asking by St Mirren and he doesn't receive much flak. A little from a section of the supporters  and nothing from the media. You can see why he didn't bother with the Sevco job.

Edited by Bogbrush1903