The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, betting competition said:

McInnes said the opposite that January is a quiet month until the last day of the transfer window. 

Unless we manage to get quite a few out then with the financial losses we have due to covid I don't see this transfer window busy at all

I wouldn't believe him.

I think Hernandez will be sold.

I think the majority, if not all, of the four out of contracts will all move on.

Cosgrove could be sold.

We might try and reduce the turnover for the summer by letting one or two leave early (loan or termination).

1 hour ago, big al said:

Vancouver Don is a strange one.

Initially claimed he was getting information from a prominent board member, who was happy for him to share it on here. 
An unlikely boardroom strategy, unless it’s Cormack or his friend trying to gauge fans opinions on players, again unlikely.

We did sign an international striker though. I suspect this paricular piece of shit stuck because enough was flung. 

I think the only genuine itk account was one of the guys on the standfree forum but enough people started harassing him because the transfers didn’t happen within hours of his posts so he stopped posting anything.

Sums up the stroppy, dickhead element of our support pretty well.

Edited by Rodhull

2 hours ago, Rodhull said:

I think the only genuine itk account was one of the guys on the standfree forum but enough people started harassing him because the transfers didn’t happen within hours of his posts so he stopped posting anything.

Sums up the stroppy, dickhead element of our support pretty well.

There was someone who used to give info to one of the AFC chat admin years ago. They basically announced all the transfer info the year Shankland signed.

The club put a stop to it after that.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Young RB Calvin Ramsay has signed a new deal until 2024.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/01/05/highly-rated-youngster-commits-future-to-the-dons/

Having a wee chuckle at how, in Deeks mind, players are no longer full-backs. 

They're wing backs, or an 'attacking full back'. 

He's fair got carried away with this new 3-5-2 thingy that he's discovered. 

8 hours ago, big al said:

Vancouver Don is a strange one.

Initially claimed he was getting information from a prominent board member, who was happy for him to share it on here. 
An unlikely boardroom strategy, unless it’s Cormack or his friend trying to gauge fans opinions on players, again unlikely.

I enjoy the idea of McInnes putting names of potential signings to the Board and Cormack telling him that he'll have to wait for the go ahead until he's got approval from the lads on P&B. 

58 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I enjoy the idea of McInnes putting names of potential signings to the Board and Cormack telling him that he'll have to wait for the go ahead until he's got approval from the lads on P&B. 

To be fair, they’d be foolish to get the approval from afc chat. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Well if that’s the case 🤣,

my back 3 would be McCrorie Hoban Findlay.

I don’t think McCrorie has enough football in him for centre mid.

Cambell and Ferguson in the middle with  Hayes left and O’Donnell right and sometimes McLennan for O’Donnell who I reckon will get better next few years. 

Hedges, Wright and Watkins would be a tidy front 3, although number of goals a concern so a striker from out with the Scottish Premier would be good. 

5 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

Dons to swoop for Dunfermline stopper Euan Murray, beating off stiff opposition from Ross County for the nomadic 26 yr old’s signature.

Surely not? A Dunfermline fan asked us on this thread a few weeks ago if we were interested and I told him I'd never even heard of the boy.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Surely not? A Dunfermline fan asked us on this thread a few weeks ago if we were interested and I told him I'd never even heard of the boy.

It’s in your Super Soaraway Scottish Sun so therefore.......

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Why not he is club captain and also Aberdeen would have watched him with Ethan Ross in the team last season. There is some great players in the lower leagues as Hibs proved with signing Nisbett from Dunfermline. 

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Why not he is club captain and also Aberdeen would have watched him with Ethan Ross in the team last season. There is some great players in the lower leagues as Hibs proved with signing Nisbett from Dunfermline. 

Just found it funny, that was all. 

Hopefully he's more Steve Tosh than Jamie McQuilkin.

Edit: FWIW Dunfermline fans want to keep him but to a man seem amazed we'd be interested.

Edited by Merkland Red