The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I suppose it would be more common if the said manager was getting paid 17k a week with no pressure and no expectations. Why would McInnes want to leave that set-up?

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Really? 

No, but if you have an agenda, you make things fit and Mr Loo Brush is a champion  in this area.

Edited by Sheep62

16 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

No, but if you have an agenda, you make things fit and Mr Loo Brush is a champion  in this area.

I have no agenda, it wasn't me that kept giving McInnes whopping big bonuses. I'm just pointing out that loyalty can be bought and that's why Delboy is approaching his testimonial golf game and dinner...Perhaps we could play a Sunderland/Sevco XI for his testimonial match.

I should add that up to the Sunderland job offer, I thought he was doing a good job. It's when the big pay rises started to happen that I think his hunger started to wane.

I do think he should now leave before it turns really sour.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

20 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I have no agenda, it wasn't me that kept giving McInnes whopping big bonuses. I'm just pointing out that loyalty can be bought and that's why Delboy is approaching his testimonial golf game and dinner...Perhaps we could play a Sunderland/Sevco XI for his testimonial match.

I should add that up to the Sunderland job offer, I thought he was doing a good job. It's when the big pay rises started to happen that I think his hunger started to wane.

I do think he should now leave before it turns really sour.

I may have done you an injustice.

Don't necessarily agree with all the points you make but recognise your opinion.

Apologies for having a dig 

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Expectations to an extent I suppose but the 3rd biggest budget can finish 4th in consecutive seasons and get dumped out of the cup at the first time of asking by St Mirren and he doesn't receive much flak. A little from a section of the supporters  and nothing from the media. You can see why he didn't bother with the Sevco job.

Fair point about the sevco job. 

All three times that he's finished "below par" were very very close.

Motherwell pipped us for 2nd with about a minute to go in dubious circumstances. 

We were level on points with a Kilmarnock team who had an exceptional season. 

We might (or might not) have caught Motherwell last year had there not been a wee bug going round. 

Cup exits happen now and then. 

While he may not have fully delivered what might be reasonable to expect, he hasn't been far enough of the pace for us to see if he'd keep his job no matter what. We've had plenty managers demonstrate that budget doesn't automatically guarantee success. 

I can't see why you think there's no pressure.  I think i'm quite good at my job and usually meet expectations but i still feel a lot of pressure to do it right. I don't have the fortunes of an entire football club and its employees depending on my decisions either. 

That said, the last couple of years have been fairly turgid on the pitch. I wouldn't be averse to a well planned and well chosen succession at the end of the current contract. 

It just seems a bit daft to call for a witch hunt because the keepers chucked one in in the last minute against a team in great form. 

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Fair point about the sevco job. 

All three times that he's finished "below par" were very very close.

Motherwell pipped us for 2nd with about a minute to go in dubious circumstances. 

We were level on points with a Kilmarnock team who had an exceptional season. 

We might (or might not) have caught Motherwell last year had there not been a wee bug going round. 

Cup exits happen now and then. 

While he may not have fully delivered what might be reasonable to expect, he hasn't been far enough of the pace for us to see if he'd keep his job no matter what. We've had plenty managers demonstrate that budget doesn't automatically guarantee success. 

I can't see why you think there's no pressure.  I think i'm quite good at my job and usually meet expectations but i still feel a lot of pressure to do it right. I don't have the fortunes of an entire football club and its employees depending on my decisions either. 

That said, the last couple of years have been fairly turgid on the pitch. I wouldn't be averse to a well planned and well chosen succession at the end of the current contract. 

It just seems a bit daft to call for a witch hunt because the keepers chucked one in in the last minute against a team in great form. 

And therein lie the nub...

I certainly wouldn’t be averse to Gary Mackay-Steven coming back to us. He did a fine job for most of his time at Pittodrie and he’s the type of player that would fit into what the manager is trying to create, and would have seen us with a few more points if we hadn’t lost Watkins. Mind you, I would much rather have Watkins back if it was a choice between him and Mackay-Steven.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I certainly wouldn’t be averse to Gary Mackay-Steven coming back to us. He did a fine job for most of his time at Pittodrie and he’s the type of player that would fit into what the manager is trying to create, and would have seen us with a few more points if we hadn’t lost Watkins. Mind you, I would much rather have Watkins back if it was a choice between him and Mackay-Steven.

Watkins isnt coming back this season as he will be completing his rehab with Bristol City. Watkins and Alan Campbell are top of McInnes precontract signings along with extending existing players cobtracts such as Taylor, McClennan and Wright.

We are not after Declan Gallagher. Ive been told Brophy isnt happening. Aberdeen havent spoken to either of them.

1 hour ago, Vancouver_Don said:

New Striker in talks with McInnes. Aberdeen are trying to strike a deal to get him in January.

Hibs and Aberdeen have offered Alan Campbell a deal that would make him potentially their highest paid player.

If you want to be taken seriously then a name is required. What you have typed is meaningless otherwise.

If you want to be taken seriously then a name is required. What you have typed is meaningless otherwise.

He should be taken serious regardless of names tbh. He used his #itk knowledge to inform everyone that Aberdeen-Hamilton wasn't going to be postponed and Ryan Edmondson wasn't injured, the day before the game was postponed and Ryan Edmondson was confirmed as being injured.

Vancouver Don is a strange one.

Initially claimed he was getting information from a prominent board member, who was happy for him to share it on here. 
An unlikely boardroom strategy, unless it’s Cormack or his friend trying to gauge fans opinions on players, again unlikely.

I'd be happy with GMS back. Him, hedges and Wright together would be very creative and good to watch. 

Watkins coming back would be a boost aswell as he linked the play so well and brought others into the game, probably wishful thinking to get both. 

16 minutes ago, big al said:

Vancouver Don is a strange one.

Initially claimed he was getting information from a prominent board member, who was happy for him to share it on here. 
An unlikely boardroom strategy, unless it’s Cormack or his friend trying to gauge fans opinions on players, again unlikely.

Anyone who has itk as an avatar is looking for attention 

I think it's easy to make speculations as I can see January being a busy month. It's not impossible to see us doing 4 or 5 in and 4 or 5 out.

4 out of contracts for starters gives flexibility that we normally wouldn't have.

23 minutes ago, d31 said:

I think it's easy to make speculations as I can see January being a busy month. It's not impossible to see us doing 4 or 5 in and 4 or 5 out.

4 out of contracts for starters gives flexibility that we normally wouldn't have.

McInnes said the opposite that January is a quiet month until the last day of the transfer window. 

Unless we manage to get quite a few out then with the financial losses we have due to covid I don't see this transfer window busy at all

Edited by betting competition