The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:
8 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:
I'm not overly fussed about Wright leaving, apart from the fact that a pretty paper thin squad (especially attacking-wise) has just got thinner.

Not really, if we bring back Ethan Ross (not sure if this is possible), we'd have McGinn, Hayes, Kennedy, Hedges, Ross and Mclennan available for attacking midfielder/winger roles.

Puts a lot on McGinn who hasn’t played much this season. 

I'd rather keep Cosgrove at least until the end of the season. We probably don't have long enough to get an adequate replacement and he is still the best centre-forward at the club (not saying much, granted). He hasn't been particularly good this season, but he is still better than most of our fans give him credit for. 

31 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'd rather keep Cosgrove at least until the end of the season. We probably don't have long enough to get an adequate replacement and he is still the best centre-forward at the club (not saying much, granted). He hasn't been particularly good this season, but he is still better than most of our fans give him credit for. 

Unless we get a fantastic offer i agree. Is it 300k between finishing 3rd and 4th?

Right then Dons. One boy’s Subbuteo childhood up for sale on eBay. The interesting bit is his hand written notations on each player’s identity. Can anyone nail this down to a specific season?IMG_1611692648.915898.thumb.jpg.4eb568377d6c42376cbf226a5ba5fbea.jpgIMG_1611692655.349970.thumb.jpg.141ae5225064dfb8540c8c7c40855819.jpg

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Right then Dons. One boy’s Subbuteo childhood up for sale on eBay. The interesting bit is his hand written notations on each player’s identity. Can anyone nail this down to a specific season?IMG_1611692648.915898.thumb.jpg.4eb568377d6c42376cbf226a5ba5fbea.jpgIMG_1611692655.349970.thumb.jpg.141ae5225064dfb8540c8c7c40855819.jpg

If Varga’s there I think it would be 72-73 as he was only at the club for one season I believe. I think that might be Barrie Mitchell who in a grim coincidence the club just announced has died.

Edited by Rodhull

With interest in Cosgrove, Wright and Ojo we might get a couple of players in yet despite McInnes denials. We'd surely replace Cosgrove or Wright if they left. Ojo we could probably blag with McGeouch and Virtanen

1970-71 season Hibs ended our 12 consective games without conceding a goal.  Pat Stanton in game 13 at Easter Road somewhere around the hour mark.

Funnily enough, my first instinct was a ridiculous number of games without conceding a goal, and then I thought “nah, must have been an unbeaten run”.
Childhood memory of that was a kick about with a few pals talking about it (obviously not clearly remembering it was conceding a goal), and one of our lot saying “with me in that defence they could go the entire season and not lose”. As kids of around 14, it was a joke of course, and while he never hit the highest level, the guy who said it was Peter Godfrey who started late in life with Stenhousemuir, but had a decent career with St Mirren and Falkirk. Believe me, he was fierce to play against even as kids.

Right, back to L1 for me.

1 hour ago, d31 said:

With interest in Cosgrove, Wright and Ojo we might get a couple of players in yet despite McInnes denials. We'd surely replace Cosgrove or Wright if they left. Ojo we could probably blag with McGeouch and Virtanen

Agree with this, we would most certainly have to replace Cosgrove, likely Wright as well.  We're short on both of those types of player with only Main and Anderson as options up front.  Not sure who on the bench would replace Wright, McGinn maybe?  McLennan?  Pretty tough when we're coming up against the end of the window to find replacements.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

If Varga’s there I think it would be 72-73 as he was only at the club for one season I believe. I think that might be Barrie Mitchell who in a grim coincidence the club just announced has died.

And I did not bother checking the replies to that tweet.

2 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Barrie Mitchell's only played the 1972-73 too...It's a few years too early for me, but he seems to have had a solid enough career both at Dunfermline beforehand and Tranmere after although not a prolific striker by any means.