The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Barrie Mitchell's only played the 1972-73 too...It's a few years too early for me, but he seems to have had a solid enough career both at Dunfermline beforehand and Tranmere after although not a prolific striker by any means.

No its too early for me too and it’s not a name I recognised either to be honest. I had just read the tweet shortly before. 

6 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

This would be good but the guys twitter profile says ‘hoping to be a sports journalist’ so not getting my hopes up too much. I’ve probably been overly harsh on funso but if he’s a high earner then we need that resource going back into the club. 

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This would be good but the guys twitter profile says ‘hoping to be a sports journalist’ so not getting my hopes up too much. I’ve probably been overly harsh on funso but if he’s a high earner then we need that resource going back into the club. 

There's another tweet through the night from another journalist who's usually bang on with lower league signings in England. He's said it's close too so there must be some substance.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Not been a fan of The King Ojo since he turned up, but ironically last Saturday was probably one of his best games. We signed him to plug a gap between defence and midfield, but he's become a bit spare since we signed McCrorie. 

On top of that, we need to see Campbell developing a bit quicker than he is. 

I think it's best for all that he moves on. 

Back to Barrie Mitchell, I mind his one season with us back in 1972

A native to the N.E it never really worked out for him at Aberdeen and injuries preventing him from getting the level of goals he was signed for from Dunfermline and he was soon to move on.

RIP - Barrie

12 hours ago, EdmontonDandy said:

1970-71 season Hibs ended our 12 consective games without conceding a goal.  Pat Stanton in game 13 at Easter Road somewhere around the hour mark.

I was at every match in that run including the 3.1 win at Paisley where we lost our last goal before it started and the sickening Stanton one that ended it. At least the Stanton goal was worthy of the occasion being a rocket from about 20 yards into the top corner. Hibs had re-signed Joe Baker a couple of days before the match and that increased the home crowd dramatically, which probably had a bearing on how the match went. Great memories.

On 24/01/2021 at 23:32, CCB19035 said:

Jordon Jones is everything that's wrong with Scottish football

Secured himself a move to his boyhood heroes and immediately tweets 'WATP' whilst still under employment of Kilmarnock. He strikes me as a total imbecile as well as an unapologetic staunch reprobate. 

Would make my skin crawl to see him in a Dons shirt.

This being said on a page of the forum where people are wishing injury and nothing but hatred on a young player for wanting to move to a bigger club.

Lololol

47 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

This being said on a page of the forum where people are wishing injury and nothing but hatred on a young player for wanting to move to a bigger club.

Lololol

Hmm - this doesn’t sit with your fans comments of us being an irrelevance. Surely you would not concern yourself with our thoughts if we were?

Out of interest I wonder what your thoughts were on someone like - Naismith when he left the old club to better himself at a bigger club?