The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

So many aspects of our play that are fundamentally wrong. Even trying to complete simple basics of football have really caused us problems. 

There's a real lack of leadership which goes hand in hand with a worryingly low level of confidence and composure. Countless times this season a set piece has come into our box and it's been an opposition header who has got first to it. That's despite having one of the tallest teams in the league.

From an attacking point of view, our final ball whether that be a cross/pass is pub league standard. Statistically, we must have the highest percentage of crosses hitting the first man in the league. That also applies to set pieces too, just frustratingly poor. 

The lack of continuity in terms of starting XI's doesn't help. That's what happens when you sign a team full of injury prone players.

There are a few players who are done at this level. As someone said, McGinn has the head but he clearly doesn't have the athleticism to complete what he wants to do. Hayes may as well be an out and out LB as he's clearly lost his technical ability to take someone on. 

For what it's worth, I have no idea where our next win comes from. Lose our next two games and it's the exact same record as last season. 

7 minutes ago, bomberharris said:

So what are your thoughts on Bruce Anderson? His contract up this summer? We will gladly take him off your hands if surplus to requirements 🤞🤞 Hes been the spark we needed up front. He’s already formed a good partnership with big Ogi. 

He's never really had a chance. Been a few question marks over his attitude in the past and recently at Ayr.

Allegedly had a fall out with McInnes.

I know one of the lads who coached him in Juvenile football. He said he's always needed another front man to play off of. Historically we've always played with 1 up top and 2 on the wings (until this season) so he's never really fit.

If McInnes goes I'd like to see him get another chance. If not then there's no point of him being here.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Given that Livi's bubble seems to have burst, and given that we have to score goals to win games to catch Hibs, I suspect that another few draws will probably be enough to limp over the line in 4th place.

I spent the afternoon yesterday watching 2 rugby games and then caught the Dons result at a quarter to 5. I can't be the only Aberdeen fan that is simply shrugging their shoulders at another powderpuff, toothless performance. 

Just another 10 games of this utter shite and we can put it to bed for a few months. 

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

He's never really had a chance. Been a few question marks over his attitude in the past and recently at Ayr.

Allegedly had a fall out with McInnes.

I know one of the lads who coached him in Juvenile football. He said he's always needed another front man to play off of. Historically we've always played with 1 up top and 2 on the wings (until this season) so he's never really fit.

If McInnes goes I'd like to see him get another chance. If not then there's no point of him being here.

cheers. Sounds like it’s not a lost cause for us then!  🤞🤞

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

2 games v Celtic coming up with Tommy Wright's Kilmarnock in-between. It's entirely possible that we'll lose all 3 without scoring a single goal to make it 8 games. 

1 point out of 9 is my prediction with a 0 0 from the Killie game. 

Celtic seem to have typically got their act together just in time for this double-header..................and the energy used from chasing around for a futile outcome at Parkheid, will mean Kilmarnock probably take advantage of tired legs on Saturday and get Wright his first victory

It's a while since this side did anything to pleasantly surprise us, so think it's a fair chance that the zero points scenario plays out.  

Not great PR cancelling it but these twats on twitter comparing Cormack to Milne are off their heads. Cormack is streets ahead in just about every department. He actually engages and listens to the support and too many use this as an opportunity to constantly give him stick and act like c*nts.

The guy has brought millions into the club from himself and others, given us a training ground, a huge standing end behind the goal and facilitated the biggest playing budget we’ve ever had. You wonder what some of our fans would actually be happy with.