The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

I see hes meant to have had a shocker for Hearts tonight.

6 appearances in the championship with no goals or assists for GMS so far.

Dodged a past it version of him IMO

I watched a fair bit of the game, and he wasn’t anywhere near as influential as Hearts would be hoping for. No loss at all.

Think it was quite obvious he wasn’t happy at start of January. 

He said after st Johnstone home game he was keen to sign a ‘game changer’ etc. He doesn’t normally talk like that unless he’s confident of signing someone. 

A week later brophy and GMS sign elsewhere and he gives a tetchy press conference where says no one is signing. 

12 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

1 win in 9... no goals in almost 5. 

Would any other club with ambitions such as ours sit and accept this? Two trips to Celtic Park coming up, and a home match against Tommy Wrights Killie.

Can anyone see where a goal is coming from?

Shane Duffy? 

Would any other club with ambitions such as ours sit and accept this? Two trips to Celtic Park coming up, and a home match against Tommy Wrights Killie.

In short, no.

It’s already over 5 games without a goal. We never looked like scoring in 4 of those 5 games.

I think we have only scored 4 goals against Celtic in Glasgow over the last 12 games. It’s dead cert that we will be going into the Kilmarnock game threatening Ebbe’s embarrassing 1999 record for league match minutes without a goal.

28 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

A wee post or 2 about Sevco cheating will make you feel better....

5 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Don't believe I've made a post suggesting that. 

Always good to know when yo've got a *** on strings, mind.

Can't be easy supporting Ab4rdeen I suppose, no wonder you're always cranky.

Maybe a bit of a populist shout, but I'd be tempted to give Ethan Ross a start at Parkhead. Possibly give Connor McLennan a decent run of minutes to try and find some form, even though I haven't been impressed since he signed his contract extension. Dean Campbell was our best player today and should hopefully now get a reasonable run of games rather than being in and out. Nothing to lose really in giving the youngsters a decent run in the team now. 

12 hours ago, big al said:

I watched a fair bit of the game, and he wasn’t anywhere near as influential as Hearts would be hoping for. No loss at all.

I didn't think he was that impressive in the other Hearts match I watched recently. Can't remember who it was they were playing. Ayr United?

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Maybe a bit of a populist shout, but I'd be tempted to give Ethan Ross a start at Parkhead. Possibly give Connor McLennan a decent run of minutes to try and find some form, even though I haven't been impressed since he signed his contract extension. Dean Campbell was our best player today and should hopefully now get a reasonable run of games rather than being in and out. Nothing to lose really in giving the youngsters a decent run in the team now. 

Kennedy and McGinn were pretty poor today. McGinn's movement was great but I don't think the legs are doing what the head wants.

Sink or swim time for Ross surely? 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I didn't think he was that impressive in the other Hearts match I watched recently. Can't remember who it was they were playing. Ayr United?

Hearts issues in the past few years can be summed up by the fact they're sharing a division with Kai Kennedy, Luke McCowan, Danny Armstrong and your very own Ethan Ross, yet decide to sound a fortune on a 31yo injury prone winger.

You lot really need to go 4-4-2. Hayes at LB, Ferguson/McCrorie CMs, Ross as LW, McLennan at RW, Kamberi+1 up front.

Why try and be creative when you've not got creative players? Just run over teams.

4 hours ago, CCB19035 said:

Probably Kamberi or Ferguson.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Kennedy and McGinn were pretty poor today. McGinn's movement was great but I don't think the legs are doing what the head wants.

Sink or swim time for Ross surely? 

Yeah, I thought McGinn had some promising moments in the first half, but really faded after half-time. I think Kennedy has been played out of position a fair bit, so I do have a degree of sympathy for him, but I still haven't seen anywhere near enough - I really thought and hoped he would be an important player for us, and maybe with the right manager and system he still can be that player. He couldn't have too many complaints about having a period on the sidelines now, though. 

I don't know much about Ross and haven't seen enough of him yet, but if we're going to trundle along to the end of the season and fourth place, I'd rather do it with some hungry players, hopefully keen to stake a claim and prove a point, who might actually learn and develop from the experience and a decent run in the team. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Yeah, I thought McGinn had some promising moments in the first half, but really faded after half-time. I think Kennedy has been played out of position a fair bit, so I do have a degree of sympathy for him, but I still haven't seen anywhere near enough - I really thought and hoped he would be an important player for us, and maybe with the right manager and system he still can be that player. He couldn't have too many complaints about having a period on the sidelines now, though. 

I don't know much about Ross and haven't seen enough of him yet, but if we're going to trundle along to the end of the season and fourth place, I'd rather do it with some hungry players, hopefully keen to stake a claim and prove a point, who might actually learn and develop from the experience and a decent run in the team. 

Was messaging a mate during the game and we were both infuriated by Kennedy continuing to run down the left wing even when a team mate had occupied the space and dragged an opponent in to that area. Go inside man.

Sorry..I mean in regards to his contract being done in May this year.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Was messaging a mate during the game and we were both infuriated by Kennedy continuing to run down the left wing even when a team mate had occupied the space and dragged an opponent in to that area. Go inside man.

Sorry..I mean in regards to his contract being done in May this year.

I didn't know his contract was up at the end of the season, to be honest. Hopefully he gets a reasonable chance to show what he can do between now and then - it's not like we have a host of undroppable senior players who should be keeping him out of the picture at the moment. 

It’s hard to get too up nor down about a game played in high winds, but I suppose it has to be a positive that Kamberi managed 90 - and Hornby got another 70, and should now be approaching the ‘match fit’ level where we can start to properly judge if he’ll do a turn for us.

Hayes was a bit of a bombscare at times today - and Kennedy was just infuriating.

The second half was so bad, that was there anyone that didn’t think he would just overhit that free kick on the rare occasion we got a chance to get a decent set piece dead ball in.

All in all though - this will be have done nothing to appease the seething masses.

Let’s see how open this Q&A thing on Tuesday night really is......

19 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It’s hard to get too up nor down about a game played in high winds, but I suppose it has to be a positive that Kamberi managed 90 - and Hornby got another 70, and should now be approaching the ‘match fit’ level where we can start to properly judge if he’ll do a turn for us.

Hayes was a bit of a bombscare at times today - and Kennedy was just infuriating.

The second half was so bad, that was there anyone that didn’t think he would just overhit that free kick on the rare occasion we got a chance to get a decent set piece dead ball in.

All in all though - this will be have done nothing to appease the seething masses.

Let’s see how open this Q&A thing on Tuesday night really is......

Him taking that free kick after Campbell had just put in a good one was madness. Especially when he hadn't beat the first man once that I can remember.