The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Did i miss something? When did hibs get to the group stages? 

I nominate you and your positivity to do the talk in the dressing room pre match.

(I can only assume you don't know 3rd place gets the group stages (if top 3 win cup or if cup not complete by 31/5) as surely you don't think Aberdeen or Livvie are finishing third)

31 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

I'd be curious to know this as well. Both of you have mentioned things from the 60s before, so I guessed you had to be born by at least 1954-ish?

I could mention things from the 1950s, but they wouldn't be football related (at least not personally experienced, just told/read about.)

21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Ithink this has been done before, and it wasn't me, I'm 68

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Somebody on here is older than YOU?

@Wee Willie  certainly is, but he doesn't post much (anything) about football. And there's a couple of others, can't mind their names. @Granny Danger is about our age but of course he's not a Dons' fan.

11 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m 1955.

You're a lot older than I am then...:whistle

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

7 minutes ago, d31 said:

I nominate you and your positivity to do the talk in the dressing room pre match.

(I can only assume you don't know 3rd place gets the group stages (if top 3 win cup or if cup not complete by 31/5) as surely you don't think Aberdeen or Livvie are finishing third)

I get that crippling negativity is the done thing on the internet but 3rd isn't out of reach until it's out of reach.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I get that crippling negativity is the done thing on the internet but 3rd isn't out of reach until it's out of reach.

Obviously if you use the form guide to extrapolate results to the end of the season then we end up finishing a credible 6th.

If we can win against Saints and hope County get a result against Hibs then we are 2 or 3 points behind going in to our game in hand midweek.

It's not over if we can get some results in the four old firm games.

Just now, d31 said:

Obviously if you use the form guide to extrapolate results to the end of the season then we end up finishing a credible 6th.

If we can win against Saints and hope County get a result against Hibs then we are 2 or 3 points behind going in to our game in hand midweek.

It's not over if we can get some results in the four old firm games.

There you go, doesn't that feel better.

29 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'd say it's less that i'm positive about Aberdeen, and more that i think hibs have ample capacity to f**k it. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeens total annual revenue would go above 20 million. At that stage Hibs and Hearts wouldn't be able to compete with us.

Revenue means nothing unless you are making a margin. 

But, I digress - the biggest issue Aberdeen have post Covid is funding the new stadium (even if its the one along the beach) unless Cormack pays for it all himself. What was the Kingsford estimate, £50m?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Revenue means nothing unless you are making a margin. 

But, I digress - the biggest issue Aberdeen have post Covid is funding the new stadium (even if its the one along the beach) unless Cormack pays for it all himself. What was the Kingsford estimate, £50m?

I'm occasionally in contact with someone on the AFC board and we recently discussed the potential new stadium. As you can imagine the project is currently on hold. The stadium cost is closer to 60 million however they have already secured some funding. Cormack appears confident we will source the remaining amount. The club project that the new stadium will increase our revenue stream to roughly 25 million annually. As things stand, they have no desire to remain at Pittordrie. The sale of Pittordrie is worth roughly 20 million which of course would goes towards the construction of the new stadium. Its imperative Aberdeen move away from Pittordrie as it's hemorrhaging money, literally falling apart and no longer meets UEFA requirements.

The new stadium will have an 18,000 capacity. Standing areas will be included if given the green light. The club believes that having a smaller capacity will generate a greater demand for tickets as Aberdeen supporters will realise they are limited, especially for OF games and European matches. The cost of constructing 1,000 seats is roughly 1.2 million. The club don't feel its worth it simply to keep the current Pittordrie capacity. They are confident that certainly within the first 2-3 years Aberdeen will have its highest average attendances (certainly competing with the Edinburgh sides) for many years. Away supporters including the OF will only be given 500 away tickets. There are plans to increase the stadium size in the future which is why Kingswell (due to the space available) is their ideal location.

On a side note, Aberdeen have plans (once Covid passes) to build an indoor roof (retractable) for the training pitches at Cormack park.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm occasionally in contact with someone on the AFC board and we recently discussed the potential new stadium. As you can imagine the project is currently on hold. The stadium cost is closer to 60 million however they have already secured some funding. Cormack appears confident we will source the remaining amount. The club project that the new stadium will increase our revenue stream to roughly 25 million annually. As things stand, they have no desire to remain at Pittordrie. The sale of Pittordrie is worth roughly 20 million which of course would goes towards the construction of the new stadium. Its imperative Aberdeen move away from Pittordrie as it's hemorrhaging money, literally falling apart and no longer meets UEFA requirements.

The new stadium will have an 18,000 capacity. Standing areas will be included if given the green light. The club believes that having a smaller capacity will generate a greater demand for tickets as Aberdeen supporters will realise they are limited, especially for OF games and European matches. The cost of constructing 1,000 seats is roughly 1.2 million. The club don't feel its worth it simply to keep the current Pittordrie capacity. They are confident that certainly within the first 2-3 years Aberdeen will have its highest average attendances (certainly competing with the Edinburgh sides) for many years. Away supporters including the OF will only be given 500 away tickets. There are plans to increase the stadium size in the future which is why Kingswell (due to the space available) is their ideal location.

On a side note, Aberdeen have plans (once Covid passes) to build an indoor roof (retractable) for the training pitches at Cormack park.

That all sounds interesting.

I think the indoor pitch stuff is already in the public domain. That was part of the info in the consultation. 'Stage 3' of the devlopment originally after the Stadium.

With the stadium canned it obvs becomes 'stage 2'

15 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

If Kingswells is the ideal location still, they can f**k off. 

Especially as the council seem to be grovelling with them to consider the Bouleydome option.....................which just about every dandy I know would gladly welcome ahead of Kingsford.

22 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

If Kingswells is the ideal location still, they can f**k off. 

Never has it been a good idea, more so it's a rock and a hard place type deal, because of the state Pittodrie has been allowed to get into. 

The ambition of the board is great, but they'd have a much higher chance of achieving their targets if they endeavoured to keep the stadium more central. 

If its anything like Saints and McDiarmid, you could find Kingsford is fairly "central" eventually.

There's a new village been constructed just across the bypass from McDiarmid, with a connecting bridge, while you can now get directly out the stadium car park and onto the motorway both ways. 10 minute bus journey from town to the stadium, with it costing just pounds on a Saturday.

Kingsford stadium could end up absolutely surrounded by houses/pubs etc., in the 10/15 years after it's built.

Pittodrie is a fucking dump.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Why would the club cut immediate capacity, thus saving £2.5 million, only to have plans to increase the stadium size in the future (presumably at a much higher cost) ?

It all sounds very Aberdeeny, right enough. 

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If its anything like Saints and McDiarmid, you could find Kingsford is fairly "central" eventually.

There's a new village been constructed just across the bypass from McDiarmid, with a connecting bridge, while you can now get directly out the stadium car park and onto the motorway both ways. 10 minute bus journey from town to the stadium, with it costing just pounds on a Saturday.

Kingsford stadium could end up absolutely surrounded by houses/pubs etc., in the 10/15 years after it's built.

Pittodrie is a fucking dump.

The difference is I've walked from McDiarmid to Perth train station before.  The ground is recognisably "in Perth".  It's Kingsford's sheer distance from the centre of Aberdeen, where we belong, that's the problem.  Hoping for a city whose economy is in probably irreversible decline to expand so much that Kingsford somehow ends up not in the countryside any more is a wee bit fanciful IMHO.    

f**k Kingsford.