The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

29 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

So if that's Leigh out for the rest of the season you'd have to imagine him being done with the club. Whether Mcinnes is there next season or not its hard to imagine Leigh getting another contract.

Most likely - he is a bottom six player. I think some of our fans massively overrated him last season primarily because he was an 'attack-minded' full-back and then because he was injured so didn't play for a while. 

I would rather have a ‘dump’ of a stadium near the town and pubs than a plush but soulless stadium in an industrial estate or worse. The latter would be fine if we had a better attitude to better public transport systems but thats not going to change dramatically any time soon.

17 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I'm a part of the "younger generation." Heaps of folk who are 16-25ish and have no interest in making football a sanitised family event. Plenty folk still want to go to pubs, stand in the cold, and shout and swear. 

Thank Christ you have no actual influence, if folk like you had their way football would have almost no appeal to anyone. People don't are about how nice a stadium is either, I actually enjoy the older ones like Dens, Tannadice, Easter Road and Tynecastle. Cracking stadiums.

But if folk like you have your way there's no one to fill the space when you decide you can't be arsed anymore.

Football should be for all.

I would definitely rather visit Cappielow, Somerset or Pittodrie than sanitised places like McDiarmid.
I would definitely rather to be able to take my disabled daughter to stadiums that cater for her needs. The disabled access and facilities at these mentioned stadiums are beyond horrendous. McDiarmid for all its criticism is five star in comparison.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I would definitely rather visit Cappielow, Somerset or Pittodrie than sanitised places like McDiarmid.

If Ayr or Morton had moved out of their dumps 20 years ago then maybe you would be playing them.

Deadweight around their necks, same with Dundee and Dens.

The days of a football stadium being used solely for football are over for any club with ambition.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If Ayr or Morton had moved out of their dumps 20 years ago then maybe you would be playing them.

The days of a football stadium being used solely for football are over for any club with ambition.

One step at a time. We need to start using ours for football again first. 

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ambition is a vacuous, New Labour/Tory word that doesn't actually mean anything.

Hibs fans spent deadline day whining about the board not showing ambition and surrendering 3rd to Aberdeen by not bringing in one (if not two) new strikers.

Lo and behold, a week later and we're five points clear of Aberdeen.

41 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

I totally agree with you. Personally, I've never not been arsed, rather I've not always been able to afford. 

But aye, I do agree with your point. That's why there's family stands etc. My point was that Random Guy is trying to say the only way for a football club to progress is to ditch a traditional stadium and appeal to younger people with families who want a day out. 

To that I say, bollocks. The football needs that bit of needle, and it's folk who've been at the pubs and drinking all day before kick off that provide it. Hence why Friday night football is always a better atmosphere in general than a Saturday afternoon. AFC has done the right thing in constructing the Red Shed. I don't think it'll take long however, whenever we're back, for there to be some hysteria and complaints from those with children, or those of a particularly sensitive nature. 

That's fine. I misinterpreted your point.

The club phoned me to inform me that the Merkland would be used for the Red Shed permanently. We could still have our season tickets there if we wanted but I chose not to. We moved to the RDL. I did tell them I think they should utilise the indoor concourse to put on shite for the kids. Even have Angus kicking about there for an hour before kick off. They said they had been given that feedback from quite a lot of folk 

The Red Shed is one of the best ideas they've had in ages. The folk who want to sing don't have to worry about looking like a knob when they do a solo rendition of stand free. Families can enjoy the atmosphere and he nowhere near it.

Somerset is decent albeit well past its best but the other 2 are horrendous set ups for away fans.

Feck all atmosphere at Cappelow because there is no roof on the away end and the fans are so far apart. Same at Somerset, can barely hear the home end behind the goals at the other side of the pitch. Pittodrie has the worst view in the league along with Parkhead.

Apologies for butting in, the best ground for romanticism is Palmerston and Dumfries is up there for pubs too.

McDiarmid park at least has good views of the pitch from the stand behind the goals and the away section (for the diddys) in the main stand.

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:
2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I would definitely rather to be able to take my disabled daughter to stadiums that cater for her needs. The disabled access and facilities at these mentioned stadiums are beyond horrendous. McDiarmid for all its criticism is five star in comparison.

That's fair comment as I've never had to deal with that situation. The facilities in the Richard Donald Stand for our disabled fans seem ok to me, but then again never had to experience them. The disabled shelter for the away fans at Pittodrie are virtually pitch level, which isn't great, and I presume that you have to come in through the RDS?

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Are we still having a debate about pittodrie being a shitehole? Nae c***s even going to the fucking place and it's still riled c***s up. No be long until we get to visit the soulless arena 20 miles outside the city centre and I for one canny wait.

Is that a third site at Banchory you've heard of?

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Are we still having a debate about pittodrie being a shitehole? Nae c***s even going to the fucking place and it's still riled c***s up. No be long until we get to visit the soulless arena 20 miles outside the city centre and I for one canny wait.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-55766510

That's fair comment as I've never had to deal with that situation. The facilities in the Richard Donald Stand for our disabled fans seem ok to me, but then again never had to experience them. The disabled shelter for the away fans at Pittodrie are virtually pitch level, which isn't great, and I presume that you have to come in through the RDS?
No that's ok. It's not till you need to deal with a situation that you then start looking at things like football stadiums differently. She's mad keen on saints (16 years old) and loves the day out at the footy. Due to the nature of her condition, she doesn't understand why all stadium are not the same as McDiarmid ( nice toilets, parking right outside the stand, a great view etc).
Unfortunately some games I just can't take her too due to access and facilities. In this day and age that's pretty disappointing.
Not fussed where the new stadium is, just looking forward to the better facilities so we can get back to Aberdeen Away games again.

2 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

No that's ok. It's not till you need to deal with a situation that you then start looking at things like football stadiums differently. She's mad keen on saints (16 years old) and loves the day out at the footy. Due to the nature of her condition, she doesn't understand why all stadium are not the same as McDiarmid ( nice toilets, parking right outside the stand, a great view etc).
Unfortunately some games I just can't take her too due to access and facilities. In this day and age that's pretty disappointing.
Not fussed where the new stadium is, just looking forward to the better facilities so we can get back to Aberdeen Away games again.

Out of interest, where does Easter Road rank in your view in terms of accessibility? I remember it being one of the first things that Dempster looked into when she arrived, as home supporters had previously said that facilities, sightlines etc weren't up to scratch. Curious to know if anything's improved.

Out of interest, where does Easter Road rank in your view in terms of accessibility? I remember it being one of the first things that Dempster looked into when she arrived, as home supporters had previously said that facilities, sightlines etc weren't up to scratch. Curious to know if anything's improved.
Big improvement from when we first went there. Now parking near by, better access etc. Staff really helpful getting it all arranged in advance etc.

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
14 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Big improvement from when we first went there. Now parking near by, better access etc. Staff really helpful getting it all arranged in advance etc.

Pleased to hear that.

Plus you're always guaranteed to come away with a last minute equaliser or winner, which must help. :lol:

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Ambition is a vacuous, New Labour/Tory word that doesn't actually mean anything.

Hibs fans spent deadline day whining about the board not showing ambition and surrendering 3rd to Aberdeen by not bringing in one (if not two) new strikers.

Lo and behold, a week later and we're five points clear of Aberdeen.

What?

Aberdeen have ambitions to truly push on and try and challenge the duopoly, and progress in Europe. They won't do that while they're hemorrhaging three quarters of a million every year just maintaining their shiteheap, unimprovable, stadium that in the next few seasons won't be allowed in UEFA competitions.

They move stadium and, if the do it right, they have millions flooding in the door each season instead of going out, which can then be used on the squad.