The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What they should have done was ask for questions beforehand and state they will only be answering questions related to the finances.

An open forum was always going to be chaos and we all said as such when announced.

Pretty much. A proper update would actually be really valuable. I think some would benefit from hearing just how serious the financial situation is, to give them some perspective. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Pretty much. A proper update would actually be really valuable. I think some would benefit from hearing just how serious the financial situation is, to give them some perspective. 

Absolutely.

You know where I stand on things but I've no interest in a Douglas Ross style q&a while I'm genuinely wanting to find out the true state of the finances.

Edited by Merkland Red

52 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Not great PR cancelling it but these twats on twitter comparing Cormack to Milne are off their heads. Cormack is streets ahead in just about every department. He actually engages and listens to the support and too many use this as an opportunity to constantly give him stick and act like c*nts.

The guy has brought millions into the club from himself and others, given us a training ground, a huge standing end behind the goal and facilitated the biggest playing budget we’ve ever had. You wonder what some of our fans would actually be happy with.

To early to judge Cormark but the last few months is given me massive concern with things happening at club. There was a comment from former director Hugh Little saying that Cormack has contributed 20 million, if that is true then should get praise for that.

To have a YouTube live meeting to discuss everything 24 hours before we play Celtic was stupid and looks like on a whim. Glad they have changed it but the statement is dreadful as it is going to wind up those on social media that want change. Club got to be careful here as they will lose fans over this.

Edited by betting competition

The fixture at Celtic on Wednesday was announced long before Cormack named the date for the Q and A so it does look like he either didn't look at the fixture list or is bottling out of being asked questions that don't suit his agenda.

His 15,000 season ticket comment is hilarious. If they keep missing the point of many supporters being unhappy then he can expect less than half of his 15,000 having season tickets next season

Definitely the right decision. I’m sure that when it was organised, Dave Cormack would have imagined that in the lead up to the session we would be going into it with wins against Livi twice, St Mirren and at worst a draw at Easter Road. It would have been a PR disaster to go ahead. “Shat it” and “bottled it” sound great, but “sensible” is the truth of the matter.

17 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Of course it's the right decision. 

He still shat it. To offer it in the first place, was farcical, to then open the floor to questions, and decide you didn't want to answer them, is farcical too. He's looking a c**t at the moment. 

I get that you prefer “The Sun” type headlines, I prefer to go a bit more realistic.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not as funny for the rest of you as if it had gone ahead.

Perhaps, but that's an absolute Hibs under Petrie nonsense move and you know it.

To think this guy's getting heralded as a modern innovator for Scottish football by some quarters. Seems fucking clueless.

Sets a date for the Q&A on Thursday and cancels it 72 hours later.

Guess he wasn't expecting a goalless draw at home to wee St Mirren. 112747440_JackBoss.png.0f36cbe5ca443cb0d611c93b26b5a960.png

To early to judge Cormark but the last few months is given me massive concern with things happening at club. There was a comment from former director Hugh Little saying that Cormack has contributed 20 million, if that is true then should get praise for that.
To have a YouTube live meeting to discuss everything 24 hours before we play Celtic was stupid and looks like on a whim. Glad they have changed it but the statement is dreadful as it is going to wind up those on social media that want change. Club got to be careful here as they will lose fans over this.

What gives you massive concern? From what I can see, he’s doing his best to be open and honest with the fans and listen to what they have to say, probably more than he should. Every club is suffering financially at the moment to different degrees but not many are admitting to it in the way he has.

What gives you massive concern? From what I can see, he’s doing his best to be open and honest with the fans and listen to what they have to say, probably more than he should. Every club is suffering financially at the moment to different degrees but not many are admitting to it in the way he has.
I have to admit similar concerns to BettingCompetition. The openness on finance is welcome and if that level of money has been injected, you can only thank him for it. That is a vast improvement transparency wise than Stewart Milne.

However there should be genuine concern about the whole Ronald Hernandez "saga" (not going to indulge in some of the nonsense social media rumours), some of the statements and indulgence in social media nonsense leaves a lot to be desired (less is more sometimes) and I am genuinely concerned about our financial state. Now while no one could foresee a global pandemic coming nor how long it would last without income, I am worried about our slow reaction at the start in terms of not furloughing for a while and the struggle in reducing wages.

However I am being fairly hard on that last one but it is a massive worry moving forward, particularly with the new stadium to fund. The likelihood is drop in ST sales next season due to loss of jobs and people having to tighten their belts a bit. Gonna be vital to try to attract new sponsors somehow.

As for the Q&A probably sensible to cancel it. He has been generally transparent but with the poor state of matters on field at the moment, it wouldn't have been ideal. However it would be nice if certain questions could be picked out and answered (eg stuff about the new stadium, finances and the Jaffa Cake question) by way of being open with fans while supporting DM and the players.

As for yesterday's game, the wind ruined it to a large extent but our lack of creativity was still disappointing. Mind you it was a day where one goal was always going to be enough.

I have to admit similar concerns to BettingCompetition. The openness on finance is welcome and if that level of money has been injected, you can only thank him for it. That is a vast improvement transparency wise than Stewart Milne.

However there should be genuine concern about the whole Ronald Hernandez "saga" (not going to indulge in some of the nonsense social media rumours), some of the statements and indulgence in social media nonsense leaves a lot to be desired (less is more sometimes) and I am genuinely concerned about our financial state. Now while no one could foresee a global pandemic coming nor how long it would last without income, I am worried about our slow reaction at the start in terms of not furloughing for a while and the struggle in reducing wages.

However I am being fairly hard on that last one but it is a massive worry moving forward, particularly with the new stadium to fund. The likelihood is drop in ST sales next season due to loss of jobs and people having to tighten their belts a bit. Gonna be vital to try to attract new sponsors somehow.

As for the Q&A probably sensible to cancel it. He has been generally transparent but with the poor state of matters on field at the moment, it wouldn't have been ideal. However it would be nice if certain questions could be picked out and answered (eg stuff about the new stadium, finances and the Jaffa Cake question) by way of being open with fans while supporting DM and the players.

As for yesterday's game, the wind ruined it to a large extent but our lack of creativity was still disappointing. Mind you it was a day where one goal was always going to be enough.

The Ronnie situation was unfortunate for the fans getting their hopes up and for Hernandez himself being away from his family and not playing. From the sounds of things it’s not cost us much to keep hold of him for a year and it’s a by-product of the Atlanta link and the investment that’s come with that.

Agree the club were slow to react and got poor advice on the furlough situation, although most of our players are earning multiples of the £2500 p/m cap anyway. A lot is made of us losing our best players every summer, we made a point of having no one out of contract at the end of last season and unfortunately it was the worst possible season to do that. It left us paying for a bloated squad who were unable to kick a ball for months and to make matters worse, many of them haven’t delivered on the park.

The way I see it, we’ve got a chairman with tonnes of cash, dandy through and through, he sorted out an all standing “home end” within months of being in charge, he’s committed to making the fan experience better, he’s brought in new funding (his own and external) to pay for the training ground that Milne failed to deliver over 25 years and invest in the squad, he’s open with the fans (sometimes naively) and he at least says he’s got aims to grow the club domestically and in Europe. Yes, the q and a thing was an own goal, he’s cringey on social media at times and rather narcissistically named the training ground after himself but I think we’ve got it pretty good with Cormack overall, certainly compared to what we had before.

9 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Perhaps, but that's an absolute Hibs under Petrie nonsense move and you know it.

To think this guy's getting heralded as a modern innovator for Scottish football by some quarters. Seems fucking clueless.

Sets a date for the Q&A on Thursday and cancels it 72 hours later.

Guess he wasn't expecting a goalless draw at home to wee St Mirren. 112747440_JackBoss.png.0f36cbe5ca443cb0d611c93b26b5a960.png

It’s nice that you’re so concerned about us. 

Not sure if Cormack is just naive. I think his ego tells him he wants to be the 'people's chairman' but not sure he grasped what comes with just opening himself up to social media.

I trust him to get us through this crisis, I'm not sure I agree with all the ways he goes about his business though.

46 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure if Cormack is just naive. I think his ego tells him he wants to be the 'people's chairman' but not sure he grasped what comes with just opening himself up to social media.

I trust him to get us through this crisis, I'm not sure I agree with all the ways he goes about his business though.

He's a very rich man who's never been told no.

That comes with its own issues.