The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

34 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Might finally be a sign that things aren't being leaked out (as they have been over the last while) and the red tops are just stuck making up drivel like the Scott Brown nonsense.

Scott Burns is now reporting it...

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm 99% certain that this is utter bollox.

But big Dave has woken up this morning with a glint in his eye and mental thoughts going through his head. 

He likes.

6 minutes ago, SamuraiJock said:

If Glass is the choice then I guess he can pick whoever he likes as assistants, and Brown seems like he’d be a quality bad cop to scare the youngsters with if nothing else.

If we had had players with Brown's leadership and nasty streak already at the club perhaps we might not be currently searching for a new manager.

I think we have some really good players but their will to get dirty and win at all costs is fundamentally lacking

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yessssss and the prize for first one to say it goes to Gannonball. Well done mate.

To be fair I laid the trap a few posts earlier 8) Looking forward to bringing it up in EVERY Aberdeen match thread next season.

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

Are there many players who've played more games? He's been a near constant for about 16 years. 

Probs not, in terms of Current players Considine hasn’t played much less than him yet has way less cards. My question is why has the SFA been protecting their ‘boogie’ darling for so long? This is the real question which needs answered.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

To be fair I laid the trap a few posts earlier 8) Looking forward to bringing it up in EVERY Aberdeen match thread next season.

Probs not, in terms of Current players Considine hasn’t played much less than him yet has way less cards. My question is why has the SFA been protecting their ‘boogie’ darling for so long? This is the real question which needs answered.

I’m preparing my raging ‘trial by sport scene’ posts already 

51 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Scott Brown being involved doesn't spook me. 

Do you think he'd stand and list "8 semi-finals" as an achievement? 

f**k all chance of that. He's a total cock, but  crucially, a winner. How many times have we said about McInnes' dons sides that they lack belief, or they are a nice group of lads but there's no nasty b*****ds? 

Shinnie was the last of that mould, and Flood before him, I can't think of too many prior to that, though. 

Always thought Barry Robson had some of that esp in the big matches

Was listening to the radio this afternoon and they had clips of whatever podcast it is the RedTV guys do on a Friday night. Thought Andrew Shinie was making several comments which could come back to bite his arse, especially if we hire Glass. The type of comments that you think are fair and balanced until you remember he's been an absolute cheerleader for the club, even more so when we'd been total shite under Derek at the end.

Paraphrasing here. They did say the podcast is online but genuinely can't remember the name of it.

On McInnes and Cormacks relationship - a bit of chat about how well Milne and McInnes got on and how much he was trust followed by something along the lines of "you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out they didn't get on" - there'd been nothing made public to suggest this until Derek left

On Neil Lennon being a contender for the job - mentioned Lennon and McInnes are good mates. Lennon would ask Derek about the chairman to get his thoughts. If he does he probably wouldn't take the job.

On Glass getting the gig - Hasn't seen any of his Atlanta games. Believes he is a possession based manager. Possession based football can be dull as dishwasher and sometimes long ball football games are the most entertaining.

Really came across like someone going a bit too far to publicly back their mate. Yes, it's good to see someone from RedTV speaking the truth but he wasn't doing much of it when Derek was the manager.