The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 hours ago, d31 said:

I'd settle for Glass bringing one of the 'write offs' back to life: Kennedy, Ojo, McGeouch and McLennan. 

I'm hopeful we'll have enough to beat Hacken next week but I agree with all comments that we are underprepared fitness wise and the squad depth would not take a lot of injury/covid/suspension to quickly be badly exposed. 

I wonder if we would get the third striker on board before the game as probably that we would be most exposed to an injury.

I want a first pick winger, first pick centre back and squad player striker but we can probably survive without signing the first two for the first three matches of the season and see how the likes of McGinn, Jenks, Hayes, McLennan and Kennedy are looking. I am assuming Hedges is the only clear first pick in the attacking midfield/wing positions.

I wouldn't call McGeouch a write-off. I thought we looked significantly better with him in the team at the end of last season.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

I wouldn't call McGeouch a write-off. I thought we looked significantly better with him in the team at the end of last season.

24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I suspect glass is a fan of mcgeouch and, provided he stays fit, will be a pretty regular feature of the midfield. Staying fit is a big question mark though. 

McGeouch has been as much of a write off as the other three I mentioned. It will be a good effort from the management team if they got McGeouch back to his best. He was bordering on the best player in Scotland in his last 12 months for Hibs.

I wrote to the ticket office asking when the season ticket mobile download would be ready and when we might get an idea how many fans are allowed in next week.

Good Morning ,

Thanks for getting in touch, I hope you are well.

The NFC ticketing information is due out at the end of this week/start of next week. There have been a few teething issues that have been getting ironed out, we felt it was better to delay than send it out not working 100%. You should expect an email in the coming days.

In terms of the Hacken game we are still awaiting word from the Council as to how many fans we can have attend the match. We are hopeful this should be communicated today at some point but we are at the behest of the council unfortunately, again as soon as we know the information will be sent out and made available online as well.

Many Thanks,

John

16 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I wrote to the ticket office asking when the season ticket mobile download would be ready and when we might get an idea how many fans are allowed in next week.

Ironing out teething issues? We never used to mix our metaphors this badly. Cormack must go!

17 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

5 days ago….

Can someone explain to me why this is a process that takes so fucking long?

Would quite like to know if I have the slightest chance of getting a ticket next week ffs

I get the impressions clubs will get increased crowds for the European ties, but nothing else until August 9th.

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

5 days ago….

Can someone explain to me why this is a process that takes so fucking long?

Would quite like to know if I have the slightest chance of getting a ticket next week ffs

We were saying the same at work today. 1 week to go and nobody has any idea who is getting to go to the game or how you go about getting a ticket.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

If they’re avoiding people travelling like the last pilot then unlikely I’ll be going either. The odds are improving for young d31. 

Given that people are free to travel anywhere in Scotland, I can’t see that being an issue this time. I’m really hopeful that I can be one of the crowd next Thursday.

Interesting Freedom of Information details available from Scot Gov regarding credit made available to clubs:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-202100215652/

The pdf document at the bottom of the page confirms that AFC drew down just over £1.1 million from their available credit last month.

*Edit* Dundee Utd. borrowed over £1.8 million, which is worrying for them.

Edited by Enrico Pallazzo

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Given that people are free to travel anywhere in Scotland, I can’t see that being an issue this time. I’m really hopeful that I can be one of the crowd next Thursday.

I seem to remember last time it was legal to travel throughout Scotland, they just didn’t want to encourage it needlessly. 

That being said, it was for 300 people last time so the more stringent criteria would make sense. 

1 hour ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

Interesting Freedom of Information details available from Scot Gov regarding credit made available to clubs:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-202100215652/

The pdf document at the bottom of the page confirms that AFC drew down just over £1.1 million from their available credit last month.

*Edit* Dundee Utd. borrowed over £1.8 million, which is worrying for them.

I think that's more comforting than worrying. 

It looks like both clubs (plus county) made it through the season without having to draw the facilities. I haven't seen the t&cs but as the eligibility was to do with income and expenses up to the end of the season i guess the last drawdown available was this season. 

I'd assume we're just taking the last of our free money while we can. 

I know that saying so makes me look extremely tragic, but i'm really interested to see what the 20/21 accounts will look like.