The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I think it's a bit much to try to infer racism from that without at least investigating it a bit further. She's not made the gesture to anyone, she's talking to her pal - they could even be having a conversation about what happened to him previously and she could be saying "The Rangers fans on the bus did this gesture" or whatever.

Definitely worth investigating, but I'm uncomfortable with picking out incidents like this with absolutely no context where a person is just sitting in the stand doing something.

Fair point. Give her a chance to explain herself. 

Nothing will happen due to what's obviously going on in background. Can't see the soundtrack being played or videos of the majority of Celtic fans to point out one old wifie in foreground from a bad angle  whose lawyer will infer itchy/teary eyes or something else whether true or not.

You all "think" she's racist with a large volume of probability but you all "know" what the away fans done and sung and that's not up for debate and will be left to fester again.

She'd may apologise for her behaviour even if she doesn't mean it, do you think the away fans will? Or be backed up by their club, national press and national media?

As with recent video “evidence “ do we suspect this to have been “modified to create an issue” that didn’t actually happen?
[emoji1787]

I relalise it’s a serious issue but the above is the take we’d get from either cheek (and the MSM most probably) were it them!

I agree it needs investigated then appropriately dealt with

6 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

As with recent video “evidence “ do we suspect this to have been “modified to create an issue” that didn’t actually happen?
emoji1787.png

I relalise it’s a serious issue but the above is the take we’d get from either cheek (and the MSM most probably) were it them!

I agree it needs investigated then appropriately dealt with

Aye, you're right. When the videos of Rangers fans racially abusing Kyogo surfaced the club suggested the footage was modified (wait, they never, they banned both individuals identified and removed the supporters bus ticket privileges) and the media swept it under the carpet (they never, it was headline news for an extended period).

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, you're right. When the videos of Rangers fans racially abusing Kyogo surfaced the club suggested the footage was modified (wait, they never, they banned both individuals identified and removed the supporters bus ticket privileges) and the media swept it under the carpet (they never, it was headline news for an extended period).

You're comparing apples with oranges here, you plonker.

28 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're comparing apples with oranges here, you plonker.

I’m not really comparing the incidents though, I’m more contesting the assumption that it would get swept under the carpet if it were Rangers fans.

The unfortunate commonality is that the same player appears to have suffered racial abuse - but I’m not trying to equate the Aberdeen fans actions with the Rangers fans actions, if that’s what you mean.

Edited by AJF

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not really comparing the incidents though, I’m more contesting the assumption that it would get swept under the carpet if it were Rangers fans.

The unfortunate commonality is that the same player appears to have suffered racial abuse - but I’m not trying to equate the Aberdeen fans actions with the Rangers fans actions, if that’s what you mean.

That's certainly the way it came across. And it was "fan" not "fans".

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I’m not sure what other way it could come across. And yes, you are right, the possessive form is “fan’s”, sorry I missed out an apostrophe.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure what other way it could come across. And yes, you are right, the possessive form is “fan’s”, sorry I missed out an apostrophe.

What?

8 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

She briefly points at the side of eyes and  I don't think she's making the same gesture that the morons in our support did, I think it's part of a private conversation. 

When I heard the outcry, I thought that she was going full father Ted.

19 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Am I missing something here? Have all your home games in the league this season not been 10k+ (save the opening day where restrictions were still in place)?

1630221959_ScreenShot2021-10-07at10_28_38.thumb.png.b1353de9fd1db28cc00c7208e05a4236.png

Seems weird that both fixtures are Saturday 3pm kick offs yet:

"Around 65% of season ticket members are predicted at these games. This is largely due to those not ready to come back and those choosing instead to use their Virtual Season Ticket. Even with sufficient matchday tickets available and an 800 allocation for away support, as well as the game being shown live in the UK on a PPV basis, the expected crowd will be under the 10,000 threshold and therefore not subject to the proof of vaccine scheme."

It's a pretty significant drop off from say 13k vs St Johnstone to sub 10k against Hibs and Hearts.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Am I missing something here? Have all your home games in the league this season not been 10k+ (save the opening day where restrictions were still in place)?

1630221959_ScreenShot2021-10-07at10_28_38.thumb.png.b1353de9fd1db28cc00c7208e05a4236.png

Seems weird that both fixtures are Saturday 3pm kick offs yet:

It's a pretty significant drop off from say 13k vs St Johnstone to sub 10k against Hibs and Hearts.

I think we might be taking the pish.