The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 minutes ago, Jimmain said:

Other than being a Rangers player, and therefore untouchable, I really don't know what McGregor has over the officials in Scotland. 

He's literally going to have to bayonet some fucker before he actually gets a card...

They are terrified of him. I always think our players should wind him up a lot more than we do. He just needs to be brushed against to completely lose the heid. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

They are terrified of him. I always think our players should wind him up a lot more than we do. He just needs to be brushed against to completely lose the heid. 

...the 7th is as guid a time as any 😉

53 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Graeme Shinnie should start every game that he is available. In all probability if he hadn't sat on the bench for the entire match at Darvel (😫) we would not have lost that game. 

Jack Sparrow Being Chased Meme - Imgflip

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 hours ago, Jimmain said:

Other than being a Rangers player, and therefore untouchable, I really don't know what McGregor has over the officials in Scotland. 

He's literally going to have to bayonet some fucker before he actually gets a card...

He's a horrid player. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 11.37.34 AM.png

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Often easy to forget that hes a 41yo man.

Genuinely embarrassing how he acts on the pitch.

10 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Looks like the lower league structure may be changing, and we are applying for our reserve team to be involved.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/5661427/aberdeen-colts-and-highland-league-clubs-in-line-to-join-new-scottish-conference-league/

Why 4 LL v 2HL?

15 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Looks like the lower league structure may be changing, and we are applying for our reserve team to be involved.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/5661427/aberdeen-colts-and-highland-league-clubs-in-line-to-join-new-scottish-conference-league/

Would rather our good young players went on loan to the championship or league one than play in whatever the hell this is.

8 hours ago, Illgresi said:

You should be fucking ashamed to be a part of this.

Buying your way into killing the pyramid system to help the OF Colts into the league set up.

Get pressure on your board to pull out FFS.

8 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Would rather our good young players went on loan to the championship or league one than play in whatever the hell this is.

Agreed. Better standard of football plus valuable life lessons that they won't get from playing with their mates against another team of mollycoddled trainees. 

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Buying your way into killing the pyramid system to help the OF Colts into the league set up.

Agreed 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

What a shambles.....just whn you think the club has turned the corner (on the park) they come out with shite like this. 

With selected "colts" teams participating in this league it just makes me wonder why not just have a propper reserve league which actually used to be incredibly beneficial bringing through youngsters and helping first teamers get match fit after injury.  It was also reasonably well supported.

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

What a shambles.....just whn you think the club has turned the corner (on the park) they come out with shite like this. 

With selected "colts" teams participating in this league it just makes me wonder why not just have a propper reserve league which actually used to be incredibly beneficial bringing through youngsters and helping first teamers get match fit after injury.  It was also reasonably well supported.

Think the argument on the reserve league is that the youngsters are just playing other youngsters, and not really developing.

I note that in many European countries, B teams/reserve teams/farm teams/colt teams/whatever you call them will often appear in the lower leagues, sometimes as high as tier two.

From our perspective, as long as it's capped at Tier 5 in the current structure - don't see a huge problem. 

I think it becomes a pollution if it's higher up than that - struggle to understand how a Magdeburg fan can get excited about playing Werder Bremen II for example.................but maybe a Huntly fan would enjoy their lot getting a crack at the dandies colt team.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Think the argument on the reserve league is that the youngsters are just playing other youngsters, and not really developing.

I note that in many European countries, B teams/reserve teams/farm teams/colt teams/whatever you call them will often appear in the lower leagues, sometimes as high as tier two.

From our perspective, as long as it's capped at Tier 5 in the current structure - don't see a huge problem. 

I think it becomes a pollution if it's higher up than that - struggle to understand how a Magdeburg fan can get excited about playing Werder Bremen II for example.................but maybe a Huntly fan would enjoy their lot getting a crack at the dandies colt team.

I don’t know your thoughts on old firm colt teams. BUT, if you’re against that then it shows a lot of hypocrisy to then support this. 

This idea can get straight in the sea. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You obviously don't know our proud record.

Being the club that stopped a fairer voting structure in the spfl,

A club that takes great delight and pride in its directors drinking from the loving cup.

A club that has a board member and ex chairman saying we need a strong rangers.

A club that gladly accepted voting as instructed by Neil Doncaster to end the season early in the pandemic.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Huntly fan would enjoy their lot getting a crack at the dandies colt team.

One of the most patronising, condescending, things ive ever seen on this site. 

Probably all a bit premature however....

Not sure how realistic or likely it is but I'd be delighted to see Pollock, Scales, and MacDonald made permanent signings. Jay Idzes of Go Ahead Eagles is another option. Out of contract this summer but we would have to pay a compensation fee due to his age.

Supposedly, Wigan want 150k for Shinnie. Is he worth that? No sell on value. I'd like him to stay but hopefully we can negotiate the price down.

Clarkson is going to be difficult to replace. Fantastic player. 

I hope we retain Duk and Miovski for next season. We may find some offers too good to turn down.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the likes of Richardson, Morris, Kennedy, Watkins etc.  Potentially a big turnover of players again this summer. Would like to see Vinny back in the team next season.

Lewis Ferguson is the speculation of an 8 million move to AC milan or Juve this summer - we have a sell on clause. McCrorie looks set to leave for 2 million (The Rangers will receive 25% of that fee). Barron has 1 year left on his contract, unlikely to sign (his agent is the same as Considine) and is wanted by Bologna, Sassuolo, Genk and Celtic so we may very well cash in.

I don't think our recruitment will be looking at any of the out of contract players from the SPL this year. I'd much rather we continued to recruit from abroad or promote from our youth ranks as it has been successful so far.

Edited by HarleyQuinn